xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Obama Positioned To Quickly Reverse Bush Actions  (Read 230 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Obama Positioned To Quickly Reverse Bush Actions
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

http://www.washingto...e...digg&sub=AR

Transition advisers to President-elect Barack Obama have compiled a list of about 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders that could be swiftly undone to reverse White House policies on climate change, stem cell research, reproductive rights and other issues, according to congressional Democrats, campaign aides and experts working with the transition team.

the article only mentions 2 policies, and this worries me. i agree with both of those, but am concerned that the post is going out of its way not to mention controversial policies.

mainly, i am worried obama will try to re-instate the offshore drilling ban at the executive level (which bush repealed). this would be disastrous. there is a reason gas dropped 10 cents overnight by bush lifting this. oil doesn't have to reach the pump to impact the price. obama spoke out against bush repealing the ban, so with 200 bush reversals coming, this worries me.

as far as what the article mentions, i'm all for stem cell research, and what california wants to set as a requirement, thats state rights plain and simple. i may disagree with the policy itself, but i agree with california's right to set it.

Alex548

• Recovered User
Obama Positioned To Quickly Reverse Bush Actions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »

Gas dropped (and has continued to drop) because of the slumping economy and less demand.
The world knows we have less than 3% of the world's oil reserves so lifting the ban has had little to no impact over OPEC and the market prices.

In fact, if we begin to do offshore drilling, we're actually gonna consume even more fuel and oil during the construction process which will make big oil even more money.

The bigger issue as far as energy is concerned is Obama's position on building more nuclear plants.