xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Today Was A Dark Day In American History  (Read 356 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Today Was A Dark Day In American History
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:42:00 AM »

today, the nation elected an unqualified leader, into a system with no checks and balances. his democratic led senate and HoR are going to do anything he asks, and will allow him to break the slight balance that the supreme court has.  the sc will no longer be 4 liberals, 4 conservatives, and 1 guy who is actually non-partisan and qualified to be there. obama will pack the sc with as many liberal judges as he can

obamabots, mark my words. by 2012, obama will more unpopular than george bush is now. you guys are going to jump off the bandwagon pretty fast once you start realizing his campaign was rhetoric and empty promises, and the only real thing about it was his desire to raise taxes and increase spending even more (to make the deficit even bigger).

the only hope the nation has at this point is that the supreme court listens to berg

i wonder if anyone is going to sell "this mess isn't my fault" t-shirts for those of us who voted for mccain.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:54:00 AM »

calm down, you didnt see this coming? world is ending in 2012 anyway

EDIT: I would still buy that tshirt

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:55:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »

if you don't like it you could always come to the UK and get shafted by Mr Brown instead?

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »

At least Obama doesn't get fooled by prank phone calls ala Palin laugh.gif, grrr she does my head in I'm rather glad Obama is in, really Mccain just didn't seem right and he was to old anyway.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 07:22:00 AM »

Palin didn't get fooled, her staff did. They didn't screen the call.

The real travesty today is that the Democrats plan worked. Instead of putting country 1st, they let Bush get away with everything he asked in order to let his popularity keep dwindling. Because of that, the Dems won votes as a result of the backlash against Bush.

I did vote for Obama, but I voted all Republican everything else (except the 1 Libertarian running, for a position other than Bob Barr). I would have voted for McCain 2000 over Obama 2008.

I have a feeling in 2010 and 2012 the Republicans will be winning a bunch of seats back. It is all cycles and this is another link in the chain.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 5 2008, 02:58 PM) View Post

Palin didn't get fooled, her staff did. They didn't screen the call.

The real travesty today is that the Democrats plan worked. Instead of putting country 1st, they let Bush get away with everything he asked in order to let his popularity keep dwindling. Because of that, the Dems won votes as a result of the backlash against Bush.

I did vote for Obama, but I voted all Republican everything else (except the 1 Libertarian running, for a position other than Bob Barr). I would have voted for McCain 2000 over Obama 2008.

I have a feeling in 2010 and 2012 the Republicans will be winning a bunch of seats back. It is all cycles and this is another link in the chain.

Ya but still do you want someone in the second seat to president to be fooled like that? If her staff are to dumb to realise that I'm surprised she was even in the running with McCain.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(limbfilter @ Nov 5 2008, 06:44 AM) View Post

I'm glad that there's finally a black president.

skin color doesn't matter. i voted against him because of his policies. that is the apathy that put him in the office, putting skin color over qualifications. i would have preferred the first african american president be... qualified

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

The American People have spoken.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

I agree they have, no one is saying obama didnt win. Though the popular vote dosent show it, almost half of this country is not for obama.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

the entire american system needs to be overhauled because it simply doesnt work... then again most americans are too stupid to understand that...

APE

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 5 2008, 11:32 AM) View Post

the entire american system needs to be overhauled because it simply doesnt work... then again most americans are too stupid to understand that...

Bet most at least have proper capitalization and sentence structure.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

dear lord, dont attack my shorthand...!

rolleyes.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(APE @ Nov 5 2008, 03:48 PM) View Post

Bet most at least have proper capitalization and sentence structure.

i actually type all my forum posts, emails, instant messages, and irc communications in lowercase letters, unless i am putting emphasis on a specific word. it has nothing to do with knowledge of the grammar rules, and only a fool would automatically make assumptions based on grammar while overlooking the content of the message.

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »

Ohh, America... Its going to be an interesting few years
Pages: [1] 2