xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Something That's Always Puzzled Me.....  (Read 226 times)

chorizo1

• Archived User
Something That's Always Puzzled Me.....
« on: October 23, 2008, 05:01:00 AM »

REDEMPTION

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »

Because, people like who "shows them the money." Obama appears to offer them help, they like him. There is no concept of history in American's minds anymore. The news reporter gives all the history you need to know.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

i remember my history teacher saying something about how in the 19th century the democrats were the "right wing" and republicans were left

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(limbfilter @ Oct 23 2008, 07:25 AM) View Post

redemption? hmmmm...interesting thought...But why? You don't see much redemption of the rebel flag...

It's harder to redeem a symbol, or to disassociate a symbol with something Bad. Look at the swastika, I don't see that getting redeemed any time soon.

A Partys  ideals can change, and change enough that it redeems the past mistakes of their predecessors.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(limbfilter @ Oct 23 2008, 06:04 PM) View Post

A conservative seeking more government doesn't make logical sense...

and yet thats exactly whats been happening the past 8 years...  ZING! wink.gif

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »

I think most have history confused... many I know believe that the republicans were the dominant "party" involved with slavery.

Besides that slavery's "face" was not that of a Black person hanging, raping, beating blacks it was a white "face" and some may have an easier time relating the face of a McCain vs an Obama with that part of history.

You couple that with recent acts of obvious dislike of blacks by the likes of Dog Bounty Hunter, Kramer, (the list really goes on) and you can see why black voters are pushing for a friendly face that can fix the problem.

That was just my 2 bronze coins.

Personally what puzzles me is to how Paul didn't get the repub domination. Obam talks about change but it's the same old rhetoric Cain is saying. Paul was one of the few asking for a real change in policies and the course the Nation is heading.

Oh well.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(melongstrike @ Oct 24 2008, 02:14 AM) View Post
Personally what puzzles me is to how Paul didn't get the repub domination. Obam talks about change but it's the same old rhetoric Cain is saying. Paul was one of the few asking for a real change in policies and the course the Nation is heading.

Oh well.

A happy Democracy is the illusion of choice. Every parent knows that. As a dad I give my son options all of the time. He always picks what I want him too.
"Do you want to go to bed, or do you want to play nice?"
If he were free, he could keep not playing nice and not have to go to bed.

The truth is, just like my son, we are not free, just complacent with our limited choices.

melongstrike

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »

Throw your last comment tickled me.

I was explaining to someone who was complaining about getting their children dressed in the morning; to select clothes for them and have them choose.

The children would see options (two sets of pants and shirts) and select from those. They believed they had a choice in the process but in reality their choices predetermined and controlled.

In reality they could choose none and continue to throw a hissy fit but this holographic appearance of power deterred that behavior.

With that, I share the same ideology in reference to our democracy and the process in which we elect presidents.

But moreover, I got the biggest kick out of your analogy.