xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Obama Money From Abroad Could Total Millions  (Read 399 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
Obama Money From Abroad Could Total Millions
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27076436/

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has raised about $3.3 million from contributors who did not list a home state or who designated their state with an abbreviation that did not match one of the 50 states or U.S. territories, according to records provided by the Federal Election Commission.

The Republican National Committee filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Monday asking for an investigation of Obama's foreign contributions, among other things.

i saw a similar story yesterday, but figured it would get swept under the rug due to the media's love affair with obama. it looks like that might not be the case

(here is the link i saw yesterday if anyone is curious http://www.cbsnews.c...n4504955.shtml)

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

dont see how this is surprising... given how heavily the US' actions affect the rest of the world, and the shitstorm that was the bush admin, its not hard to imagine the outside world wouldnt want another shit republican pres...

This post has been edited by gcskate27: Oct 8 2008, 06:11 PM

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

its illegal, so it will be interesting to see what happens now that it is coming to light. i also wonder if there will be an anti-obama backlash.

out4it

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »

There is a reason the Democratic Party's symbol is a jackass!

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(out4it @ Oct 8 2008, 01:37 PM) View Post

There is a reason the Democratic Party's symbol is a jackass!

\ biggrin.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »

Well at least he didn't get all that money from the woman he cheated on his first wife with  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

EDIT-
Or maybe he did. haha

This post has been edited by sicknasty413: Oct 8 2008, 09:21 PM

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Oct 8 2008, 04:20 PM) View Post

Well at least he didn't get all that money from the woman he cheated on his first wife with  wink.gif

EDIT-
Or maybe he did. haha

he did look pretty happy in europe...  laugh.gif

DuringTheDay

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »

Hehe.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »

What do you do when your Campaign is in trouble, and you have no real answers for the current crisis and topics:

KARL ROVE STYLE POLITICS:

PAINT THE OTHER GUY AS  A TERRORIST OR UN-AMERICAN. A.ka. Make a Vietnam vet like Kerry look worse than a draft dodging puppet.

Typical Republican Smear Machine Bullshit. It Won't work this time though. Someone posted in these forums wrote about what  good things  came out of an Iraq War = People are Not easily scared into voting for what they suspect is wrong.
We saw it in the 1st Bank bailout attempt, when the Bush Admin. wanted a blank check with no oversight, everyone started writing in and saying: "wait a miinute, we don't trust you that much anymore" and made them have to revise it, before passing.

People are Opening their eyes to these type of Smear Politics, and Scare Tactics, you can see it in the Polls. Obama has made more points during this whole week of attacks by simply calling out the Campaign as being out of touch. The economy is going to shit and Obama is discussing it, while McCains Campaign is making smear attacks. McCain has let his cronies and the right media (Hanitty, Limbaugh) make it worse. It worked last time, but NOT THIS TIME.

Did you see that old lady the other night at a McCain Rally saying she didn't trust Obama cause she read he was Muslim. LOL. CLASSIC. McCain had to admit that some of the insinuations his Republican hitmen  are making are not true. I liked that he finally admitted that.

Finally some straight talk again. keep it up.

This post has been edited by chorizo1: Yesterday, 01:10 AM

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Oct 11 2008, 07:57 PM) View Post
Did you see that old lady the other night at a McCain Rally saying she didn't trust Obama cause she read he was Muslim. LOL. CLASSIC. McCain had to admit that some of the insinuations his Republican hitmen  are making are not true. I liked that he finally admitted that.

His answer was worded kind of funny, but I am glad for his sentiment. He said something along the lines of "He's not Arab, he is a decent family man citizen."
Anyone who spins that to mean Arabs are not also "decent family men citizens," is stupid. He didn't mean it that way, but it is still a little funny to me.

Start a 1:20

I think he, other politicians and analysts are openning up to the idea of Obama becoming the next President.

Look at the winning percentage here:
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Barring some catasrophe, it will be a very tough climb for McCain/Palin.

spiffyville

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 07:37:00 PM »

I have to agree with you here. Living in Nerbaska, I have to deal with all sorts of moronic opinions of Obama. Then when I try to bring up the Financial crisis in the seventies that McCain helped foster all I get is blank looks. Fuckin republicans.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Oct 11 2008, 07:57 PM) View Post

We saw it in the 1st Bank bailout attempt, when the Bush Admin. wanted a blank check with no oversight, everyone started writing in and saying: "wait a miinute, we don't trust you that much anymore" and made them have to revise it, before passing.

actually, the bailout still sucked. the reason it passed the 2nd time around was because they took the $700b bill, and added a $150b bribe to it in order to buy a few votes. as far as i'm concerned the "revision" you mention is just corruption.

QUOTE(spiffyville @ Oct 11 2008, 10:37 PM) View Post

I have to agree with you here. Living in Nerbaska, I have to deal with all sorts of moronic opinions of Obama. Then when I try to bring up the Financial crisis in the seventies that McCain helped foster all I get is blank looks. Fuckin republicans.

i personally blame the CRA, and that is not the republicans fault. the community (i forget if the r stood for reconstruction or restoration) act essentially fined banks for not making loans to low income families who couldn't afford said loan. it deemed anyone denying low income families requests for a loan to be racially motivated, and illegal. guess who it was that defaulted on their mortgage and caused a big portion of this economic mess. it was the people who should have been denied, but couldn't because of the CRA.

that being said, there is plenty of blame to go around, but unlike what obama would lead people to believe, this financial crisis isn't because republicans are evil and believe in a free market.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 12 2008, 12:05 AM) View Post
i personally blame the CRA, and that is not the republicans fault. the community (i forget if the r stood for reconstruction or restoration) act essentially fined banks for not making loans to low income families who couldn't afford said loan. it deemed anyone denying low income families requests for a loan to be racially motivated, and illegal. guess who it was that defaulted on their mortgage and caused a big portion of this economic mess. it was the people who should have been denied, but couldn't because of the CRA.

I actually got into a discussion about the CRA with my father yesterday so I was researching this anyway.

A lot of info here:
http://en.wikipedia....inancial_crisis

Edit: Well...
QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 11 2008, 08:25 PM) View Post
His answer was worded kind of funny, but I am glad for his sentiment. He said something along the lines of "He's not Arab, he is a decent family man citizen."
Anyone who spins that to mean Arabs are not also "decent family men citizens," is stupid. He didn't mean it that way, but it is still a little funny to me.

Start a 1:20

http://www.huffingto...b_b_133884.html

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Oct 12 2008, 12:32 AM) View Post

huffingtonpost is liberal spam. unfortunately, we all knew that either them, or dailykos was going to put this spin on that. i agree with what you said, they are definitely taking this out of context.

nice link on the cra (damn, 2 guesses and i still got the r wrong)
Pages: [1] 2