xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pros Of The Iraq War  (Read 278 times)

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

Well our debate club just began in school and I have 2 two weeks to prepare my case. I am to argue for the pros of the Iraq War. I already have a good many I was just hoping to get some input from a few places and some different opinions. Thanks in advance!

yaazz

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

well.... borat was able to make a funny joke about it? I honestly see very few pros.
I guess you could say some underpriveledged people that wouldn't otherwise have a job can make some decent money now

throwingks

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Americans learn geography?

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

Can't say I can see any. It was an illegal invasion of a foreign country plain and simple. September the 11th and the flaky (pretty much made up) intelligence that Sadam might have weapons of mass destruction was used as it's justification. As it turns out Al-Qaeda and the 911 attacks had no connection with Iraq/Sadam and no weapons of mass destruction were ever found (they never existed!). The country was totally destabilized and thousands of innocent civilians along with allied troops were killed (still are) needlessly. Then there's the billions wasted on the whole thing and giving extremist organisations even more justification to attack the west.

damam

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »

really no one can think of anything?  

1)deposed a truly evil man <-- this is a big thing that people seem to forget.  despite what our media says, the iraqi's still say life is better now than it was under saddam.
2)kept a promise to the shiites
3)showed the rest of the world that if you intend to sign a treaty with the US, you better live up to your side
4)if we leave the Iraqi's when they are stable (ie. not a cut and run strategy), we will have a second ally in the region as opposed to just israel
5)helped secure israel
6)it forced the terrorist to go into a reaction mode which made killing them off more efficient
7)showed the UN that if they will not enforce treaties pertaining to the US we will.
8)gave the iraqi's the opportunity to forge their own social contract like turkey and lebanon
9)gave us a better military position for the semi-cold war like atmosphere with iran
10)increased oil prices have led to increased investements in alternative energies around the world.
11)syria and iran the two most active state sponser of terrorism now share borders with a US friendly state.
12)Lybia turned over all their WMD (some of which no one knew about) as a direct result of the Invasion.
13)removed over 1.1 metric tons of radioactive material (that number is off the top of my head so verify the number before using it).
14)A.Q. Kahn, a Pakistani nuclear bomb designer was exposed and his black market operation which included North Korea, Libya, Iran, and Al Qaida was shut down
15)Saudis are now holding municipal elections as a result of their own people seeing the freedom of iraqi's and demanding it in their own land
16)saddams psychotic sons can no longer rape and kill people

those are just a couple off the top of my head.  Im sure that their are plenty more.

bucko

• Recovered User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

The pros are that the US Army can think the UK is an extra addon to their army grr.gif, they had no right to bring us into it, in fact I'd say it has brought more fear to the UK than the US because we had nothing to do with it and US thought it would be a great idea to get us involved. Did you guys ever see the protest in London to prevent it?

Tony Blair just ignored the voices of thousands of people, and we are a small country and everyone you speak to has in some way or another been affected by this war. It's not right US please get us out of IRAQ and especially Helmond.

People near my age have died to these crazy people, but we have no right to be there in the first place!!! Sure 9/11 & 7/7 was bad, but you never solve anything by fighting, sitting round a table is the only way to make it WORK!!!

damam

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(WetPamper @ Sep 18 2008, 12:09 PM) View Post

Please send me some of that sh*t you are smoking!!!!!!!

based on your no substance bs reply, I suspect you already have some really good "sh*t"

i dont think the iraq war was a good decision, but to say that nothing positive has come out of it is simply ignorant.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

all of your reasons, well the ones that are based upon some sort of logic, seem to side with the us being sort of the end-all-be-all, infallible force that the base level of american society believes it is... so ill give no more wieght to any of your posts... well at least in this thread...

throwingks

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

I don't believe damam is saying that she is for the war, she is simply giving argument points for Mikesshunk's debate.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

well, no, i dont think she is saying the war was a good decision, but i disagree with a lot of what she says was a good outcome...

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Sep 20 2008, 02:32 AM) View Post

well, no, i dont think she is saying the war was a good decision, but i disagree with a lot of what she says was a good outcome...

I really don't see how you can disagree with those points. It's not like any of them are really that bad.
Thanks daman for those points.

throwingks

• Archived User
Pros Of The Iraq War
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »

^ gcskate is just saying those are positive points of view from our angle. If you look from other angles it might not be so good. In Example: Israel. We like Israel and support them. Some other countries in the world have their different beliefs than us, and think Israel should not be a country.