xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Congressional Approval Falls To Single Digits For First Time Ever  (Read 198 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User

http://www.rasmussen...nal_performance

i'm not going to try and say that when we had a republican congress, things were much better, however the democrats campaigned on bringing a reform to congress and failed. their "5 day work week", only meant "being available", and not necessarily actually doing work. to make things worse, most of the presidential candidates essentially quit their day jobs. they have hardly shown up at all to vote since declaring candidacy.

damam

• Archived User
Congressional Approval Falls To Single Digits For First Time Ever
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

its hard to say what that pole actually means.  a lot of people lump congress, the president, and judicial all in one ball.  the congressional election results will be more telling of whome people actaully blame for there woes than the pole.  none-the-less, pelosi has certainly pissed away her leadership position.  A lot of my friends believe she is holding off until barak gets elected, then we are going to see a whole slew of crazy legislation get passed.  I see things like the expatriate tax as a sign of things to come.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Congressional Approval Falls To Single Digits For First Time Ever
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(damam @ Jul 9 2008, 07:11 PM) View Post

A lot of my friends believe she is holding off until barak gets elected, then we are going to see a whole slew of crazy legislation get passed.

unfortunately, i don't find that too unlikely. i know she has explicitly said "i absolutely support it" when talking about the "fairness" doctrine. (for people unfamiliar with this, it is a liberal agenda to kill conservative talk radio.) , not sure what other crazy ideas she has.