xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (most Of The) Democrats Ok Iraq Bill  (Read 102 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
(most Of The) Democrats Ok Iraq Bill
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.c...in2851044.shtml

Because of their need of the promise to increase of minimum wage, most of the Democrats decided to okay Bush's Iraq Bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2...poll/index.html

I understand that Bush and those bumbling Republicans don't understand that Most Americans want a withdrawl timetable.  But it looks like some Democrats sold their soul to the Devil by passing this dumb bill.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

well theyve bypassed many a needed bill by stupid ass rep add-ins... its basically the only way people can get the backward ass fucktards to make ANY progress... remember, the people the dems are dealing with are basically retarded with wealthy parents...  rolleyes.gif

spiffyville

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 02:54:00 AM »

Honestly. I'm not terribly rich, but this never made much sense to me. With the cost of goods as it is. Increasing minimum wage will simply make the prices of everything go up even higher. So, even though you make at least seven an hour. You live like you make 5.15. You just feel a little better.

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(spiffyville @ May 28 2007, 02:30 AM) View Post

Honestly. I'm not terribly rich, but this never made much sense to me. With the cost of goods as it is. Increasing minimum wage will simply make the prices of everything go up even higher. So, even though you make at least seven an hour. You live like you make 5.15. You just feel a little better.

Exactly. If employers have to pay their employees more, then to make up for it, theyll either lay off some or increase their prices.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »

how can people believe this when we have states with much higher minimum wages than the national and their goods and services are no more expensive than states that have the $5.15 wage... its failing logic as its been disproven in various states here and in other countries...

spiffyville

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »

Where? Most places I know of that have a higher than average per capita wage. Also have an increased price in direct correlation.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

Prices in general have been steadily going up anyway (inflation), so it's about time for min wage to catch up, how long has it been, 10-15 years?..