xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Racist Undertones' in Anti-Games Fears  (Read 357 times)

XHN_SCRAPY

• Archived User
'Racist Undertones' in Anti-Games Fears
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

i believe that this thing is dumb due to that is BS.   thats just  sssstupid. the only people that say them things are the people at the "THE HILL"ps not the show. (gay show) well any way in which i mean that its the Political people OF AMERICA mainly like hilary sumthin klintoon. and others that have nothing to do but blame something else. for their retardedness. its like this old saying

"GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO"
                                   "GAMES' DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE"

no offense t people that are for mrs. clinton im just saying that they are saying games are bad etc. just look into when the hot coffee mod came out the political people went             NNNUUUTTTZZZ  muhaha.gif

Megamil

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(tabicat @ Mar 2 2007, 01:23 PM) View Post

Not the studies, the news reports.  Whenever a white teen commits some violent crime, video games are almost always mentioned, either as the cause of the kid's behavior or as a hobby (as if a teenager playing video games is uncommon).  But whenever there's a report of a black teen, video games are almost never mentioned.

Exactly, the media is the reason for all this BS in the first place.  If everytime you turned on the news you hear about some black kid shooting or robbing another kid, everyday for a year, then you will think that's all they do.  Black people only make up but so many places in the US.  Most of these places are the major cities and even then, all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.  Just like when that Columbine (not sure if I spelled it right) shooting occured, they mentioned video games and Eminem and all kinds of crap.  I just think the media enforces these stereotypes even more because of the spin they put on most of their stories.

Megamil

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 04:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(brainscan1975 @ Mar 3 2007, 01:46 AM) View Post

I blame video games for my issues. That hot blonde chick in Dead Rising has turned me into a chronic masturbator.  I have to wash my controller like 3 times a week.  rolleyes.gif

Games don't kill people.......crazy jerks with semi automatic assault rifles kill people  muhaha.gif

Not that I think guns should be banned mind you........I love my guns

That was a pretty stupid article. [B}Seems like she wants more blacks to use games as a scapegoat for crime. [B}

Ahhhhhhh the world we live in. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  love.gif

That is not what she's saying.  She is just pointing out that when it's a young white kid, it's like it must of been the video games or the rap music or that satanic rock music because they came from a good family.  When the shoe is on the other foot, people aren't trying to make up 50 million excuses for a young black kids actions.  It's just plain and simple that the environment molded them into monsters/killers/thiefs/carjackers/etc.

rhemelious

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 05:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Megamil @ Mar 3 2007, 12:30 AM) View Post

Exactly, the media is the reason for all this BS in the first place.  If everytime you turned on the news you hear about some black kid shooting or robbing another kid, everyday for a year, then you will think that's all they do.  Black people only make up but so many places in the US.  Most of these places are the major cities and even then, all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil it for everyone.  Just like when that Columbine (not sure if I spelled it right) shooting occured, they mentioned video games and Eminem and all kinds of crap.  I just think the media enforces these stereotypes even more because of the spin they put on most of their stories.

Yep, I agree totally.

QUOTE(luther349 @ Mar 2 2007, 03:21 AM) View Post

if they showed black people it would rune there rep of all being gangsters lol.

i'm black, i dont tink i'm a gangster   sleep.gif

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(brainscan1975 @ Mar 3 2007, 06:09 PM) View Post

Discriminated against how?

Probably the same way I have been.  I was playing with a black character on RS:Vegas and this little 10 year old, girl-sounding white kid says,"That guy is playing as a nigger."  I was like ummmm ok but before I could ask the kid a question this other white male, slightly older, tore this kid a new asshole....lol

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

I think i'll blame my next murder spree on christian "gangsta" rap....yes people, this catergory of music DOES exist

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »

Come on now man, thats old school rap, nowadays its Petron

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(brainscan1975 @ Mar 4 2007, 07:37 AM) View Post

I think you guys are confusing prejudice and discrimination. Discrimination would be the act of depriving you of something in an online game because of your race or for another reason. Discrimination in online gaming doesn't exist. Prejudice of course does.

Well we all know what prejudice turns into eventually sad.gif

mcq3000

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Megamil @ Mar 2 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post

We can close this thread now, he just summed up the ladies arguments and made an excellent true point. Nothing more to discuss here really, except what to do about the current situation as it stands now

PS. I remember when the media typecast the DC Sniper in Maryland as a white guy, oh how funny it was when it was a moslem Jamaican guy and his trinidadian assistant where responsible. They said he was highly intelligent (so ofcourse white) and probably militarily trained (learn to shoot in his backyard) and all this other crap. Dumb shit like that happens yet things never change. Its sad really.

lol...lemme guess:

I'll bust a cap in you for the lord or better yet, the Lord told me to do it  I guess instead of turning water into wine, he turn water into Gin & Juice

pfft, most rap music isnt so called gangsta rap. You do know that right? Probably 80% of rap music isnt of the "Gin and Juice" variety.

A thread about Racist undertones with plenty of prejudice being spread around. Oh the irony....

Nytemunkey

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(capboy210 @ Mar 2 2007, 03:56 AM) View Post

These sociologists should actually back there stuff up with reasearch for once. Then they can make a valid point smile.gif

A study on this stuff would be interesting.

Believe me. I believe a college educated sociologist over some uneducated BAD parents. The conservative ingnorant crowd (in the US at least) that likes to blame things like music and games to try to explain why their kid sucks at life. Parenting plays the bigger role IMO...

And the article never said that their are scientist trying to prove otherwise. It says that the rulings of the court favor white middle class kids whos parents blame video games for their kids' delinquence. While the lower class minority kid who does a similar act is punished more harshly even tho he probably plays games just as violent and listens to music just as violent.

Its like me at work when I fuck something up, I try to blame it on the new guy even tho I know it is my own damn fault. It takes the spot light away from me and makes me feel like less of a dumbass. Now parents do this when they learn that they fucked up as parents and they blame mass media to try and avoid a mid life crisis.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mega_mil @ Mar 3 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

lol...lemme guess:

I'll bust a cap in you for the lord or better yet, the Lord told me to do it tongue.gif   I guess instead of turning water into wine, he turn water into Gin & Juice  blink.gif

ye like j.bush the lord tells him to do things  laugh.gif

Mega_mil

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(mcq3000 @ Mar 5 2007, 02:47 AM) View Post

pfft, most rap music isnt so called gangsta rap. You do know that right? Probably 80% of rap music isnt of the "Gin and Juice" variety.

Well that depends on who you ask.  Most of the artist in the game right now consider themselves gangstas or thugs.  I prefer to call most of them studio thugs but then again anyone can feel like a giant if you have 5-10 people with guns behind you.  You do have artist like Lupe Fiasco but I don't think he's that great even though he's more of a "positive" rapper.
Pages: 1 [2]