xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Barbro The Horse  (Read 98 times)

buttface96

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »

Is it just me, or is this whole horses death being blown way out of proportion. Jesus Christ people is a f*cking horse. Animals are put down all the time. But holy crap, this horse's death is almost being publicised as much as when Gerald Ford died (well not that much, but still)

_iffy

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

There's history with this.

Before cars people had horses, and because horses are alive and cars are not, people grew large attachments to their horses.

If you can remember hearing this before, the penalty for stealing someones horse was death.

There's a millennium or two of this attitude towards horses thats, still lingers. Old People who were alive during the great depression, carried this belief.

I do agree that this is more of a "slow news day" kind of month, and this would not have even been a story if something else was happening.

Shoue

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »

People become extremely attached to horses.  Especially racing horses, and  this horse could have been the greatest racing horse since Secretariat.  It's like a dog you have had for your entire life.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »

People treats their pets or animals better than we treat ourselves.  This is no different.

throwingks

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ Jan 31 2007, 09:56 AM) View Post
People treats their pets or animals better than we treat ourselves.  This is no different.
No shit! My dog has an ear infection in both ears and it is gonna cost $300 to put him under anesthetia and clean them out proper. Then we have to go back every 2 weeks for a bit, to clean them out regularly.

I haven't spent that much money on myself in 1 shot since I built my PC 3 years ago.

throwingks

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »

That's what I told my wife, she was mad at me.  laugh.gif

Well. actually, I told her to sell him to Vietnamese Monks.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 31 2007, 04:36 PM) View Post

No shit! My dog has an ear infection in both ears and it is gonna cost $300 to put him under anesthetia and clean them out proper. Then we have to go back every 2 weeks for a bit, to clean them out regularly.

I haven't spent that much money on myself in 1 shot since I built my PC 3 years ago.

Dude, I dropped over 2K on my rabbit for an eye infection. 6-10 vet visits. Countless antibiotics. And finally, (sadly), his eye was removed. If you're gonna have a pet treat it well. If you can't take care of a pet, why bother?

That being said, this BARBARO (Spell the damn name right), thing is retarded. Everyone cares about ONE horse. No one points out that race horses are bred to have small legs that are fragile. That snap. All genetically engineered for speed. That far too many race horses get put down due to horrific injuries from being raced. I'm not a PETA guy. But when you bread an animal that has strong odds of living a short life, shortened by injury, merely so man can bet on how fast they are..... Well, something is VERY wrong with this whole deal.

throwingks

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

Poor Bunny!

We have a rabbit too. She is 7 or 8 years old now. She is slowing down, losing weight and not eating well. I hope it is just cause its winter. This is her 1st winter in 5 years. We just moved back east from AZ.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

IPB Image

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Feb 1 2007, 08:00 PM) View Post

Dude, rabbits are born to be free.  How can you look him in the eye?  You have imprisoned a furry against it's own free will.

My place is probably more hospitable than a Maine winter. wink.gif Odin's a good boy. He gets fed, sheltered, cared for. I have no issues with it. I doubt he does, as in the wild the same infection that cost him his eye would have cost him his life. Given death or an owner who takes care of him, Id have to say he's ok.

My other rabbit is 7ish. He's slowing down a bit, but certainly not losing weight. Granted he's always been a bit lazy.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

I heard rabbits are pretty tasty.  Certainly much cheaper than paying 2k for the treatment:)

Alex548

• Recovered User
Barbro The Horse
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

^ Tender meat, but has a distinct taste to it. Probably won't ever try it again.   wink.gif

BTW, Barbaro was different from the majority of racehorses.
The horse was larger & more powerful than other racehorses his age (3 years old). Had the potential to be among the best racehorses in history until it's untimely injury.