xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbox Pirates Plead Guilty  (Read 404 times)

DaJimmyHat

• Archived User
Xbox Pirates Plead Guilty
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(run088 @ May 10 2006, 11:19 PM) *

call me stupid but i would trade 2 years to be set for the rest of my life

ok I will. Stupid. Not only are you stupid but you're a moron parolee. Why would anybody wanna take advice from a crook?

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

Dammit this guy spawn ripped off some of hitmans work.

Link

This post has been edited by Heet: May 11 2006, 07:38 AM

Varung

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 01:23:00 AM »

I dont think thay will get lot of time most likly a big fine, this kind of stuff happen a lot in LA.
game stores have been selling pirated games or systems form the SNES days in LA, it got realy big in the psx days. there was a time when you can walk in a game stores and find mostly (or only)pirated games.
the stores slowly got busted and the owners got a fine I think few guys did some time but only like a month or so.  even now I know of 5, 6 game stores that sell pireted stuff, its not surpriseing thay got busted. there will always be a stores that sell pireted games and now and then some will get busted. but I dont think thay will get  anything over a year if not only a fine.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaJimmyHat @ May 11 2006, 02:30 AM) View Post

ok I will. Stupid. Not only are you stupid but you're a moron parolee. Why would anybody wanna take advice from a crook?
i didnt offer any advise i simply explained the situation everyone here was talking about so dont take me the wrong way and before you want to call someone stupid jackass i have put the life of crime behind me i have a good job own my own home and probly make more money than your mommy and daddy combined i am a reformed person and doing very well for myself but that does not change the fact of what i said 10 million for 2 years equals 5 million a year consider that a job  will you ever see money like that in your life time  and 2 years would be a small price to pay  for  not having to get up every day for the rest of your life and go to work

burgemaster

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »

so selling a chipped xbox is now more of a crime than beating up an old granny as her house and taking all her money, and just a little less serious than raping some1 in the park !!!

jesus this is madness!

This post has been edited by burgemaster: May 11 2006, 09:27 AM

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(run088 @ May 11 2006, 02:19 AM) View Post

how much money did they make? the end may have very well justified the means if it was a lot . i was once in jail with a guy who stole 10 million from the company he worked for and only got 3 years served  two after good time and he kepted the money call me stupid but i would trade 2 years to be set for the rest of my life

The statutory maximum sentence for the conspiracy is five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000, or twice the gross gain or gross loss resulting from the offense.

you can easily have your profits siezed, then some. with a maximum of double your gross profits (before taxes), that fine can get up there, and i doubt however much they reduce it below the max your making any profit (to make a profit they have to reduce the maximum over 50%, plus what judge would knowingly give a "criminal" a profit for their "crimes". (i use the quotes because while that stuff is illegal, i do feel that they get harder sentences then the drug dealers and rapists and other big time criminals)

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ May 11 2006, 08:23 AM) View Post

you can easily have your profits siezed, then some. with a maximum of double your gross profits (before taxes), that fine can get up there, and i doubt however much they reduce it below the max your making any profit (to make a profit they have to reduce the maximum over 50%, plus what judge would knowingly give a "criminal" a profit for their "crimes". (i use the quotes because while that stuff is illegal, i do feel that they get harder sentences then the drug dealers and rapists and other big time criminals)
no way this is a white collar crime its a slap on the wrist if you can get your hands on federal sentencing guide line check it out for one a rapist will never it a federal sentece unless they rape someone on any federal property like an army base or national park or something and drug dealers get slamed i know that from personal expereince most sentences carry a 5 to 40 or most cocaine 10 to life and the laws are really shady the sentences for white collar crimes are small and the only way they can take your money is if they find it if they dont they can only fine you and that amount could be big but they can only make you pay payments on what your income can afford and they can only get that money for the time you are in there custody

donsyob

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I respect your viewpoint and your knowledge of the inside, and your cynicism is probably justified. I would expect them to get a fine of some kind, maybe a month or year in jail. But can you at least show that your grammar is as reformed as your character and use punctuation? Gave me a headache reading your para-sentence.

Nameer_Shah

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »

Hi this is my first post so i dont know if i'm doing it right or whatever, but you guyz seem to be givin these pirates a pretty hard time. I've heard about ppl openly discussing modifying other people's xbox's for profit in chatrooms and how many of you can honestly say you've not pirated software? That be on your xbox your pc, dvd or a piece of music on cd? and have how many of you can honestly say you've never modified an xbox for a family member and not but games on hd? Putting a sign up in a store window is fuckin stupid but i doubt these guyz will get harshly punished i mean comeon how many ppl are uploading pirated games and software on the internet............I personally feel you should be able to do what you want if you get my drift, I know a lot of you will have some smart comment to make about this but thats just what im thinking at the minute.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »

Downloading a bit of Pron or whatever for yourself is one thing but selling pirate software to the mass's is stupid and greedy.

This post has been edited by Arvarden: May 12 2006, 01:01 PM

llwahooll

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

damn that sux, normally i see kids cominng into the shop(i work at the local gamestop)
telling the manager about there "modded boxes" annd he tell emm  its illgal and to stop

this is kinda like the opposite.

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(amb7247 @ May 10 2006, 09:40 PM) *

the chips themselves aren't illegal to my knowledge. But it's the firmware or software that runs them are. WHich is why it's hard to find the latest versions unless you know of the exact places to download them.

Any technology or device that allows circumvention of the DMCA is illegal.

In other words everyone here is a felon. PERIOD.....

This post has been edited by jha'dhur: May 15 2006, 01:22 AM

guitarfrk

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 06:29:00 PM »

woohoo...now on those stupid quizzes that say "Have you ever broken a law?"

i can proudly say "YES, I have!"

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ May 14 2006, 08:21 PM) *

What about everyone under 18?

Plus, noone has ever been prosecuted for using a mod-chip. Only, mod-chips with Micro$oft code in its BIOS. I am not arguing the legality. It hasn't come up, as it has never been enforced. <--- USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modchip#USA_legality_under_DMCA

This post has been edited by throwingks: May 15 2006, 02:23 AM

jha'dhur

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ May 14 2006, 09:17 PM) View Post

What about everyone under 18?

Plus, noone has ever been prosecuted for using a mod-chip. Only, mod-chips with Micro$oft code in its BIOS. I am not arguing the legality. It hasn't come up, as it has never been enforced. <--- USA

http://en.wikipedia....lity_under_DMCA

I tell you what, you can use http://en.wikipedia.org as a defense but I dont think it will fly in a court of law.
But like you said people will always cheat(the law).

QUOTE(throwingks @ May 14 2006, 09:17 PM) View Post

It hasn't come up, as it has never been enforced. <--- USA

Kind of like the border crossers, so I shouldnt get bent out of shape about either. But crossing border is misdemeanor, modding is felony.  blink.gif

Modchips are illegal in any way shape or form, read the DMCA. They wrote the law to not in-clude any wiggle room or BS LINUX argument.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4