xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Iran Goes Nuclear  (Read 304 times)

_iffy

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

Haha just kidding. Not yet anyway.

Politics, News and Religion forum has become a little stale so i thought i'd start some shit.
Seriously what does everyone think. Iran want a nuclear energy program, the US thinks they want
a nuclear weapons program so their saying no way to either.

The UN wants an investigation into their intentions.
The US said they'll do a pre-emptive strike if Iran starts a weapons program(they did word it differently).

What do you guys think?

gcskate27

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »

preemptive strikes are the most hypocritical bullshit ever thought up...*

*when they are, after the fact, supposed to be liberating the people...  rolleyes.gif

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

I say bomb em anyways, Bush needs to set a record for invading 3 sandy countries in only 2 terms, thats gotta be a record.

deadparrot

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Mar 21 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

I say bomb em anyways, Bush needs to set a record for invading 3 sandy countries in only 2 terms, thats gotta be a record.

Bush: We're going to bomb Iran!
Secretary: I'll inform the Guiness Book of World Records!

throwingks

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

If we dont strike preemtively, when should we? After they bomb the shit out of someplace and make it unlivable for a couple hundred years. Then we bomb them and make that unlivable. That is no good.

The US should stand by the UN get every country to get rid of nuclear weapons, including the US. But, we should be the last to give them up.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Now where exactly does your logic for us having to be the last ones to give up our nuclear weapons?
If you were to be living in Iran, and the americas said you had to give your nuclear weapons up first, wouldn't you rather them lose theirs first?

Also, ever heard the saying "If weapons are banned, then the good guys wont have weapons but the bad guys will"
Maybe not a saying, but I hear it alot.

throwingks

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 09:04:00 AM »

You kind of answered your own question. There is no way that all nations will give up their weapons at the same time. As the world power we should protect the world until all nations give up their weapons, then we turn in ours to the UN. Then we try to get all nations to be part of the UN, including us. Then we are all unified and have no reason for nukes. Each nation would still have armys, just no nukes. The UN will be the world power with the strongest army because it is the army of all the nations.

I am not saying ban weapons, just nukes that render the area lifeless, for hundreds of years.

PS - http://www.cbsnews.c...D8GG1PVG3.shtml
Korea is freaking scary, and not getting any news lately.

_iffy

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

I bet america is just as scary to the north koreans.

This really is a powder keg.
When america helps india with it's nuclear energy program is pisses of North Korea, and Iran.
It's a delicate matter and bush is just gunnin' through it. An elephant in a china shop.
North Korea first declared last year that it has nuclear weapons,
 although the claim could not be confirmed independently.
 Experts believe the North has extracted enough plutonium from
 its main nuclear reactor for at least a half-dozen weapons.

For those who don't know weapons grade plutonium can be made from energy grade plutonium.
This is why America see's Iran's nuclear energy program as a nuclear weapons program.
However i'm sure there's a better way to handle it.

What really scares me though is Kofi Anan is due to resign as secratary general of the UN,
by the end of this year. I'm afraid that once he's gone the US will use it's influence to put someone
they want to replace Kofi. Someone as right winged as they are. Kofi is an honorable man who
believes any conflict can be resolved through negotiations, regardless of how long it takes.
It will be extreamly hard to replace someone so patient.

Someone like Bush will just declare war. Even before they decide war against who.

The world does need to dissarm it's nuclear capability, but the bush administration is really going
about it the wrong way. Making more and more enemys as it goes.

Seriously though could this guy really be evil?
IPB Image
He just wants to be invited to the party.

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(_iffy @ Mar 22 2006, 12:38 PM) View Post

I bet america is just as scary to the north koreans.

This really is a powder keg.
When america helps india with it's nuclear energy program is pisses of North Korea, and Iran.
It's a delicate matter and bush is just gunnin' through it. An elephant in a china shop.

For those who don't know weapons grade plutonium can be made from energy grade plutonium.
This is why America see's Iran's nuclear energy program as a nuclear weapons program.
However i'm sure there's a better way to handle it.

What really scares me though is Kofi Anan is due to resign as secratary general of the UN,
by the end of this year. I'm afraid that once he's gone the US will use it's influence to put someone
they want to replace Kofi. Someone as right winged as they are. Kofi is an honorable man who
believes any conflict can be resolved through negotiations, regardless of how long it takes.
It will be extreamly hard to replace someone so patient.

Someone like Bush will just declare war. Even before they decide war against who.

The world does need to dissarm it's nuclear capability, but the bush administration is really going
about it the wrong way. Making more and more enemys as it goes.

Seriously though could this guy really be evil?
IPB Image
He just wants to be invited to the party.

N. Korea was threatening preemptive strike in release just days ago, didnt get much attention at all in the states.

Dubya is going to get a lot of you good ol' boys "kilt"

throwingks

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

I am sure the N Koreans are scared of our capabilities, but they have no reason to be scared of us the way we should be scared of them. N. Korea fired a "dummy" missle into Alaska just to show it could. We are the nuclear power of the world and been in many wars with the cpability to use nukes and we havent. N. Korea said it would. That is more scary.

http://times.hankook...17272311970.htm

buttface96

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

i say we need to bomb the fuck out of iran, especailly with that new leader of theres, we should kill him too

damam

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

@iffy

What are you saying:  That President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong are just misunderstood social benefactors?  If only we could hold hands and sing in unison.  

Seem to have forgotten FDR, if bush is going to beat him he really needs to get crackin, he doesnt have much time pop.gif

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Mar 22 2006, 12:16 AM) View Post

If we dont strike preemtively, when should we? After they bomb the shit out of someplace and make it unlivable for a couple hundred years. Then we bomb them and make that unlivable. That is no good.

The US should stand by the UN get every country to get rid of nuclear weapons, including the US. But, we should be the last to give them up.

Funny since Japan is people still live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

But Iran just tested its submersible missle bought from the russians cable of 200 mph.

That will outswim just about anything, especially an oil tanker.

Boys and Girls, DRAFT IS COMING........

IPB Image

LOL

throwingks

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(jha'dhur @ Apr 3 2006, 03:22 PM) View Post
Funny since Japan is people still live in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Bro. What is wrong with you? wacko.gif
<sarcasm>
You're right nukes don't hurt the environment.  rolleyes.gif I am sorry, instead of UNlivable I should have said LESSlivable.
</sarcasm>
http://www.rerf.or.j...tles/radtoc.htm
And, I am the one who argues semantics?

Anyone else that didn't understand what I meant raise your hand.
IPB Image

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Iran Goes Nuclear
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

Is that present day Nagasaki............

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pages: [1] 2 3