xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 'another' Million Men March  (Read 426 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
'another' Million Men March
« on: October 16, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.c...ain947539.shtml

I didn't know about this until I have read it somewhere in the backpages in the news link.  I remember ten years ago when the first Million Men March came in and the news media was all around it.  You see the usual faces Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton came and make their gripes of the treatment toward blacks in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

According to their website here Farrakhan tells their black people to be less dependent towards the government yet blames the government for their own downfall in the first place.

Well, any comments, gripes, or complaints are welcome.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

i would have titled the thread another "million" man march, i always found it amusing that the so-called million person marches never make it close to a million

brutalsun

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

I think everyone is trying to put a face on for the victims. Katrina hit more than just New Orleans and it affected more than just blacks. I am growing tired of the talk about Bushs hurricane machine and how he drove it towards the black city of New Orleans.... can you detect my sarcastic wit??

People need to understand that it was a NATURAL disaster, one that affected the whole country both directly and indirectly(gas,food,blood banks, economy etc.etc.) We as a people(AMERICAN)need to pull our collective shit together and fix what got broke, mend the ties that were stressed and move on. Could our Government done something more... there was a possiblilty, did it? We will never know.

I am happy to see that more than  just Black Men were invited to the million more march, I just wish someone would preach about more than whitey's hatred for the black man because I'm tired of that race shit... it's aggrivating

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

http://www.millionsm...t.com/about.htm

By looking at their millionsmoremovement website, they just b1tch/moan/gripe about things like Reparations to black people because of slavery, Prison Industrial Complex (whatever that means), Economic Development, etc... as if affirmative action wasn't enough.  

If you look at their "The Issues of The Millions More Movement", their 10 items mostly starts with 'We Call' or 'We Demand' when most black people don't really contribute anything useful to society.  When those black activists start fixing their sh1t in their own backyard, maybe then we can start helping them.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(brutalsun @ Oct 16 2005, 12:48 PM)
I think everyone is trying to put a face on for the victims. Katrina hit more than just New Orleans and it affected more than just blacks. I am growing tired of the talk about Bushs hurricane machine and how he drove it towards the black city of New Orleans.... can you detect my sarcastic wit??

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »

i think they should just clear the people of New Orleans, Bomb it, and let it be done. It's sinking every year anyway, and will most likely be gone in 100 years. It's going to cost billions and billions of dollars to rebuild it, and they are better off using that money to move people to other places.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 16 2005, 09:34 PM)
BOMB IT?

PhatIrishBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 16 2005, 09:46 PM)
ben stein wrote an excellent article on bush and the hurricane i think you might like

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

That isnt the same Ben Stein from the game show is it?

Yes it is, hes a huge political person.

BOMB IT?

Bomb it? No, dont bomb it. But they certainly need to just clear the city and start over. No rebuilding, no re-constructing, just start COMPLETELY over. The city sucked when it was in its prime. Anyone ever been there? The majority of it is dirty, smelly, and just plain shitty. Yes, New Orleans had a lot of history and doesnt need to be just forgotten, but to rebuild a 2 story house where half the drywal and frame is soaked with water... no, doesnt work. Just start completely over.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 17 2005, 02:41 AM)
You know pug_ster, i was honestly willing to listen to you complain about all of these protests.  They are pointless, they are completely meaningless.  They are just a bunch of people trying to bring their agendas forward after a horrible natural disaster.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »

None of this foolishness matters.  Forty percent of the people who lived in New Orleans are not coming back.  The city government is a shell of what it once was.  The community of people that was once New Orleans will never reestablish itself.  Its done lets not waste anymore money.

Sen. Larry Craig told his home state constituents that fraud is as much a part of the fabric of Louisiana as it is in Iraq and that flooded sections of New Orleans should be abandoned.

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 16 2005, 09:41 PM)
You know pug_ster, i was honestly willing to listen to you complain about all of these protests.  They are pointless, they are completely meaningless.  They are just a bunch of people trying to bring their agendas forward after a horrible natural disaster.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 17 2005, 09:46 AM)
pug_ster.  Most black people pay taxes too.  Even if you think they are all on welfare, they still pay taxes, they just get most of it back.  (Sales tax, property tax, gasoline tax, etc)

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

Most black people probably don't earn a lot of money

now thats twice youve made a racist statement in this thread, maybe you yourself arent racist, but based on what you say its starting to look that way

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 17 2005, 07:07 PM)
now thats twice youve made a racist statement in this thread, maybe you yourself arent racist, but based on what you say its starting to look that way
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5