xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Intelligence And Grades  (Read 92 times)

Ween311

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« on: June 07, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »

In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush had received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale and a roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his senior year.

Kerry, who graduated two years before Bush, got a cumulative 76 for his four years, according to a transcript that Kerry sent to the Navy when he was applying for officer training school. He received four D's in his freshman year out of 10 courses, but improved his average in later years.

Thier averages were roughly the same, but Kerry was seen as an intellectual and Bush was seen as an average to dumb good ol' boy.  What gave people this impression?  Was it accents?  Was is mispronouncing words?  Sense of humor?  Looks?  Media bias?  I'm just curious as to what drives someone's perceptions of a person and thier intelligence?  What do you guys think it was?

I really don't want this to turn into a thread about who is better or who you like better because I think that has been discussed to death.  We pretty much know who likes who and who hates who.  So, please try to keep it on topic by discussing what gives people the perception of intelligence.

Ween311

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

I can agree with that.  Someone's public speaking skills can make them seem more or less intelligent than they really are.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

One's ability or inability to speak to a group almost always slaps a label on their character.  Bush also speaks with a Texan accent, which most Americans automatically associate with a lack of intelligence.

We know this:
You don't have to be remotely intelligent to be president of the US.  In fact, the more manipulation you and your cabinet will succumb to, the better.  The democratic and republican parties alike select a puppet as their primary candidate.  Both parties are corrupt.

We also know this:
The fact that during the election Bush's poor grades were made to be repetitive "news", while Kerry's were ignored, seriously suggests, if not proves, the liberal media bias.

damam

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

its definitely bushes speaking ability.  The man is no great orator or debater, and that makes a tremendous difference in how intelligent people perceive you are.  His accent doesnt help either.  

I know this is a little off topic but . . .
the funnier part of all this is that bush got better grades, and he was flyin high as a kite on Cocain and drunk off his rocker the entire time.  I think bush is intelligent, but not exceptionally intelligent, so leaving what that says about kerry aside, what does that say about the integrity Yale and their graduating classes?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

It tells me that a Yale student is often no different from a graduate from University X... just much much richer.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Maybe Bush was smarter than Kerry in the College Years.  However, Bush's drinking before becoming a 'born again Christian' probably killed much of his brain cells.

pug_ster

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

double post

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

They're both numbskulls

SNMNMNM!

• Archived User
Intelligence And Grades
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(The unProfessional @ Jun 8 2005, 06:51 PM)
They're both numbskulls