xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 'fox Blocker' Is Yours For $8.95  (Read 352 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
'fox Blocker' Is Yours For $8.95
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(davegregoire @ May 5 2005, 05:15 PM)
You only prove my point my friend. Go out and read a few books on journalism such as Democracy without Citizens: Media and the Decay of American Politics by Robert Entman. There is an unbias view of the problems in liberal media written before fox news even came out. Your attack on O'Rielly is obviously an attack on your own intelligence as you have given nothing but some quotes. Thank you for being a Michael Moore wanabe.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ May 5 2005, 05:34 AM)
Oh brother, there were always bias with Liberal and conservative media before Fox became popular.  However, most of the time that Journalists are held accountable for what they say or did if they are wrong, including in the CBS news incident.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(davegregoire @ May 5 2005, 05:32 PM)
And What are you talking about "  It is easy to get a bunch of pro-Republican commentators and tell their opinions about certain issues and it becomes fact." Do you know what you are talking about at all or just repeating every stupid thing an actor says on tv? Many, MANY major news stories over the past 3 years have been BROKEN by Fox, so this "no proof" thing you are saying is absolutly rediculous. "The only thing that O'Reilly can debate on is telling you to 'shut up.' " Well apperently you didn't listen to the "rules" of the no-spin and do not understand rhetoric. When he cuts people off or tell's them to shutup it's because they are getting way beside the point of what they are supposed to be argueing about. And your comments about the CBS newspeice completly show that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Read about what happened. The Documents were never researched and Rather and his "team" personally pushed the documents into the spotlight. Rather has had a major problem with the Bush family since the first bush in 88'. I'm not sure if your scope of rememory goes back that far in the political landscape but you may remember that Rather walked off stage after the debate on LIVE TV cause he didn't agree with what Bush said while leaving the stage. He left the stage for 5 minutes and CBS had a crisis then. Then after that, you  may also remember the sit down interview he conducted with Bush where he bombared him with the real stickler of a question "Did you really say "I really kicked her but there!" (referring to the debate)? How do you think the people of america will forgive you for that?" Where he replied "The American people will forgive me just as they forgave you for walking off stage." Thats right guy, Bias. Even the best have it. After that, Rather stopped the interview. Because of things like that, he and his 2 man "team" were fired from CBS. A legend falling to his own bias.

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ May 5 2005, 06:10 AM)
Damam, I am glad that you clarified that O'Really is not a Journalist.  However, it doesn't discount the fact that you don't see any commentators in the same league as Michael Moore having his/her own show on networks like CNN.

I see what your saying.  CNN, MSNBC, etc dont have any commentators with personalities that draw in ratings.  

However, its not true though to say that they have not tried to do that.  Phil Donahue is a good example of a liberal who is well known and had his own show on MSNBC.  CNN tried to hire conservative Rush Limbaugh but could not meet his salary request.  CNN currently (and has for a long time) employs James Carville (Short BIO) and Paul Begala (Short BIO) who are both very popular.  Both actually worked for the Kerry campeign while being employed by CNN.  This is something that FOX did not let their commentators do regardless of known party offiliation.  Their are other examples as well, you just have to dig them up.

A long those lines, having a conservative commentator is almost guaranteed gold.  The reason is that lefters hate them so much they end up generating free publicity for them by means of protests, letter writing, etc.  Suddenly O'reily becomes big news and all the networks are covering this rightist commentator.  People tune in only to see what the hub-bub is about and really nothing else.  On the other hand, conservatives dont tend to organize large protests etc, so conservatives dont generate the free publicity for leftist commentators and then they dont get the ratings.  If you want O'Reilly to go away, turn back the clock and never whisper his name.

I have no problems with commentators like Carville, Begala, O'Reiley, etc stating their oppinion.  I only have problems with commentators who falsely wear the badge of journalism such as dan Rathers.  If dan rathers simply would have been honest about his biases, I wouldnt have cared about him either.

Journalism is dead and has been for a long time.  As a matter of fact, can anyone think of a time when journalism actually existed?

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »

laugh.gif

<no comment>

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheGoFind @ May 5 2005, 03:42 PM)
Before the Spanish American War of 1898, when jingoism was first introduced.

So the Hearst family with their newspaper starting the spanish american war was when it all started?  Thats as far back as i can trace it too . . . but somehow I think it goes back further than that.  I do find it funny though that back then the press got us into wars, and now they use their powers to demonize wars.

davegregoire

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

Objective journalism left with Cronkite.

davegregoire

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

It's easy to hate the right because they are better at getting things done. They have more cohesion then the left since they are in power and control. I once heard a quote that said "Someone who knows everything, cannot be taught anything". I think that sounds a lot like you pug. You were given 2 ears and one mouth so you could shut the hell up and learn instead of always blabbing about shit you don't get. And the ACLU is a dangerous organization. They have far to much lobbying power and are using it to fight against the MAJORITY of american's values. If you ask me, they could have been shut down years about as they haven't had a purpose in years. Now, they carry the flag for any minority whether there right or wrong. When O'reilly said that, it was in responce to something the ACLU did. Don't take it out of context like Moore always does.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(davegregoire @ May 6 2005, 10:04 PM)
It's easy to hate the right because they are better at getting things done. They have more cohesion then the left since they are in power and control. I once heard a quote that said "Someone who knows everything, cannot be taught anything". I think that sounds a lot like you pug. You were given 2 ears and one mouth so you could shut the hell up and learn instead of always blabbing about shit you don't get. And the ACLU is a dangerous organization. They have far to much lobbying power and are using it to fight against the MAJORITY of american's values. If you ask me, they could have been shut down years about as they haven't had a purpose in years. Now, they carry the flag for any minority whether there right or wrong. When O'reilly said that, it was in responce to something the ACLU did. Don't take it out of context like Moore always does.

davegregoire

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ May 6 2005, 06:05 PM)
Oh great, sound like the great O'Really himself.  Was told to shut up and the crap that you said have no substance.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(davegregoire @ May 10 2005, 08:12 PM)
Boy for someone who tried to position themselve as a critical thinker you certainly don't do a lot of it. Have you looked at the ACLU report card lately? How many cases have they help out on that havne't been for a complete shithead or scumy group looking to exploit some loophole in the constitution. Do you think for yourself or just let Ted Kennedy or Michael Moore come up with your opinions?

SNMNMNM!

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(pug_ster @ May 11 2005, 08:22 PM)
Okay, I went to ACLU's website and most of their cases involve violation of civil rights and unjustly accused.  Now if you have any information on 'ACLU's report card' where they represent a shithead or scummy group to exploit a loophole in the constitution, let me know.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(SNMNMNM! @ May 11 2005, 08:56 PM)
rotfl.gif NAMBLA.
Pages: 1 2 [3]