xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 1 Down, Two Left...  (Read 305 times)

nemt

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ Sep 21 2004, 09:21 PM)
We invaded Mexico.

You know, our neighbor, Mexico.

Not that it matters 150 years later, but..

..under the leadership of a democrat, James Polk.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

I could have lived without Texas.

What's it matter what party he was?
You said we didn't invade our neighbors, we did, and it does matter.

10 years, and 150, it shouldn't make a difference, it's either in the past or it isn't.

thomes08

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

nemt you still didn't answer my questions.  If you don't have a resonse to them than say so that's fine.  But don't ignore them it's way too obvious to everyone

nemt

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (thomes08 @ Sep 21 2004, 09:57 PM)
nemt you still didn't answer my questions.  If you don't have a resonse to them than say so that's fine.  But don't ignore them it's way too obvious to everyone

What questions?

thomes08

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

first hint:  Search for question marks (?)

example      ==>       Do you need another hint?

nemt

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (thomes08)
first hint: Search for question marks (?)

example ==> Do you need another hint?

QUOTE (thomes08)
Yeah that makes sense so if China invents a new WMD they should be able to do as they please with it, right?

Think I already covered this...
QUOTE (nemt)
China is a humanitarian disaster, the US isn't.

QUOTE (thomes08)
And saying we should use it because we have is a big problem with the way our military is run.  People want to just use the toys we have because they're kids like nemt here who think they're on top of the world and can do as they please.

No question marks here...moving right along...

QUOTE (thomes08)
We pay taxes for DEFENSE not OFFENSE.  get it?

Yes, and if the US were undertaking nationalistic imperial conquests you'd have a point, but alas, it's not, and you don't.

QUOTE (thomes08)
on second thought fuck it if we have the weapons we might as well use them and fuck the whole world up, right?

Not really a question, but whatever:

QUOTE (nemt)
Tactical nuclear strikes on the Afghan-Pakistan border could've killed Bin Laden, and saved American lives. How's that for defense?

I can see how that fucks up the whole world though, I guess you're right...we're better off having Americans die and terrorists escape.

QUOTE (thomes08)
grow up nemt.  We're talking about weapons not toys.  We pay to be protected from invasion not to invade.  And this isn't a videogame there are real consequences for the actions we make.

thomes08

So are these "questions" you speak of actual text, or are they more of a state of mind...you know, some place to retreat to when you know you've lost an argument?  I can see why you'd need it. cool.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

once again, you're right.  Since we have weapons we should use them.  Since we developed weapons we should use them.  It is insulting we're not nuking people.  I mean we came up with them therefor we have the right.  but if another country comes up with a new weapon they don't have the right.  Damn i can't beleive i didn't see that before.  Holy shit i ost that argument bad.  wow, when did you get so smart?  that all makes perfect sense i don't see why everyone else doesn't have that mindset

Baner

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

10 years, and 150, it shouldn't make a difference, it's either in the past or it isn't.

Did we have nukes then?
1 time ain't bad for a rising world power, eh? Name one nation that is now a world power, that hasn't invaded at least one country.
America has the smarts, and the dafe guards, to know when to use them.(one slip up, before we knew of the aftermath ain't bad)

HeLiuM

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Sep 22 2004, 04:57 AM)
Did we have nukes then?
1 time ain't bad for a rising world power, eh? Name one nation that is now a world power, that hasn't invaded at least one country.
America has the smarts, and the dafe guards, to know when to use them.(one slip up, before we knew of the aftermath ain't bad)

So we have a foreign invasion quota now?
What next? nuclear strike quota?
Genecide quota?
Bay of pigs quota?  wink.gif

Bush isn't so bad.. he's a developing president (still first term!), and he's only invaded one country unprovoked.  Afterall, it's only been what? Some 14000 lives/parents/children/brothers/sisters/sons/daughters/friends? (directly caused by US intervention that is, lets not get into the after affects..)

Of course, nemt math reduces that number to about 14, the approximate number of functioning brain cells in control of our nations nuclear weaponry right now.

xenophobes.

Baner

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

So we have a foreign invasion quota now?
What next? nuclear strike quota?
Genecide quota?
Bay of pigs quota?

What the hell were you thinking?

Of course, nemt math reduces that number to about 14, the approximate number of functioning brain cells in control of our nations nuclear weaponry right now.

You're right, I forgot our government wants to start the end of the world...

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

You missed the Spanish-American war.

More imperialism at its best.

nemt

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (cainedna @ Sep 22 2004, 04:44 PM)
I can't believe you seriously think we should be nuking people, Nemt.

No civilians were in the cave bases in Tora Bora.  It was barren wasteland, full of terrorists.  You'd really miss it that much?

We spent billions on giant explosives so our boys don't need to get shot.

Baner

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

Slaves and Slavery

America wasn't the only country who legalized slaves. I know we treated them wrong, but it wasn't thought as being inhumane at the time.
Abu Graib

You call that torutre?

More imperialism at its best.

I forgot that we'd be better off staying as 13 colonies fearing attack from Native Americans(how can you be native to a country that was founded till the "white man" came? But that's a different discussion.)

You can't liberate the unwilling.

Sorry... I forgot every Iraqi is unwilling to have a new government...

That's a great job we've done.. anti-us sentiment has blown to a proportion hard to imagine before this war on "terrorism". How many Iraqi civilians do we need to convert into terrorists before you realise this isn't working? It we were really fighting a war on terrorism, a great place to do it would be in afghanistan.. You know, the country we invaded and practically left for dead

You might want to read over Jeti's topic "A Just War?"...But for convience I'll recap it for ya.
I realise that Iraq is creating a police force and a standing army, training 300 new troops every week or two, but according to you... We're not getting anything accomplished.
Left for dead... right, that's why we have people like Jeti, who are patroling the streets of Baghdad, helping with security, not to mention the rebuilding process that's going on there.

You're right, I forgot our government wants to start the end of the world...

I'll agree with you there, some people don't think.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

Everyone Hates Us Cause We Pwn Everyone

gcskate27

• Archived User
1 Down, Two Left...
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

how can you be native to a country that was founded till the "white man" came? But that's a different discussion

you do know the continent is called north america right? there was no country to speak of back then, they were 'native' to the americas (n & s)... hey you just learned ANOTHER new thing today...  wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3