xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing  (Read 130 times)

dss311

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« on: September 17, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

This thread will be the battleground for DSS311 vs Maximumbeing.  A 10 round debate between a conservative and a liberal.

In the Red corner we have DSS311.   A fair an open minded conservative who swings a small distance right of center.  Educated and well adjusted.  Takes exceptions to inaccurate and false posts.  Will defend a subject with facts and cited sources.  Wears a small elephant on the backside of his trunks.

Now

In the Blue corner we have Maximumbeing. {in fairness, I will let you post your own description.  Just PM me.}

Now I suggest we pick corner men.

Believing that BJ's views reflect mine, I will select him for my corner man.  I may also need nemt as a cutman because I know you will come out swinging hard.  Now you can select anyone you desire Maximumbeing, but pug_ster seems to be a good choice as a liberal with a mighty keyboard.  Pug_ster can defend positions fairly well and is not afraid to voice his comments.

Lastly, we need a middle of the road referee.  A moderator if you will.  Someone who will call foul and discipline us if needed.  If no middle of the road candidate is found, I am willing to accept a conservative liberal.  The referee will give us a topic to debate and we will both present our views.  Each topic will be considered a round.

Xbox-scene members can jump in on the debate and will decide who made a more convincing argument after 2 back and forth replies on our part.  We will limit the replies because we do not want the debate to last forever.

Now at the end of round 10 (topic # ten) I suggest the looser of the debate leave xbox-scene for good and never return.  This seems like a fair and balanced way to resolve our differences on this forum.  Now, are you up to the challenge Maximumbeing?  A simple YES or NO will suffice.  A “No” response will be considered a forfeit and I suggest the same consequence as loosing the debate.  Looser leaves xbox-scene.com for good.

Lets get ready to rumble.......

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

Yes, but only if you don't say fair and balanced throughout the rest of this debate, and start spelling loser with just 1 'o'.

My corner man is Helium, and Pugster can help.

Footnote: This post basically accepted your challenge on the grounds that you no longer say dumb things.

dss311

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

I knew he would accept Spency, he is a fun adversary.  Now who shall we get for the Referee?

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

There is no unbiased person here. We're better off without one.

In the end, we can't even score this, it's just gonna end up republicans vs. democrats, and we can find that on any thread here.

If you still wish to debate facts that are already in dispute all over this board, then I am more than ready to oblige, just expect extreme turmoil from the political cross.

dss311

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

Actually you are right Maximumbeing. (hey we agree on something huh.gif )  I was just thinking the same thing.  It would be like arguing religion with someone.  There will never be a clear cut winner no matter how convining of an argument you present.  And finding a neutral refree would be like finding a diamond in the forest. (Thanks anyway spency234) Looks like we would just be creating a lot of work for ourselves if we continue.  And I am really not in the mood to type endless posts to defend a subject and try not to look like an idiot doing it.

Maybe neither one of us are that dumb after all......

Lets call this one a "no-contest".  
beerchug.gif

DSS311

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Fair enough, I wont attack you personally anymore if you treat me likewise.

We'll leave the debating in the arguement specific threads.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

And finding a neutral refree would be like finding a diamond in the forest

i just love the analogies people use... its like a little window into their thought process...

*note im not saying it wasnt a good analogy or anything, just an interesting one...  beerchug.gif

at least it didnt involve a monster truck...  laugh.gif

just kidding nemt...

pug_ster

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

If you want to exchange insults, I am not going to say anything.  If you want to say why Bush sucks (or even Kerry sucks), I'm all for it.

Edit BTW, thanks for the complement, but my keyboard is old and I don't think it is so mighty.

dss311

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

i just love the analogies people use... its like a little window into their thought process...

Needle in a haystack has been used to death.  Needed a little "flair" in my writtings.  BTW, a large window into my thought process still reveals little actual content.   LOL  

If you want to exchange insults, I am not going to say anything.

Very mature Pug_ster.  Another level headed post from my liberal friend {fun sarcasm  wink.gif }

Maximumbeing:
Sounds like a fair trade to me.   Lets pick on a Nader supporters!  laugh.gif

DSS311

pug_ster

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (dss311 @ Sep 18 2004, 01:29 AM)
Very mature Pug_ster.  Another level headed post from my liberal friend {fun sarcasm  wink.gif }

Maximumbeing:
Sounds like a fair trade to me.   Lets pick on a Nader supporters!  laugh.gif

Just have a clean debate and no personal attacks.  This includes mentioning about 'crazy conservatives' or 'loony liberals.'  I know someone people does that, and it can get messy.  

At this point, election is ugly as it is.  By all means, mudslinging at presidential candidates and people who made in the news are welcome:)

gronne

• Archived User
Dss311 Vs Maximumbeing
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

Who's going to pick the subjects?