xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: A Just War?  (Read 831 times)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

Actually, Americans have fought quite a few wars on our soil.  I can edumicate you if you like...

Besides, war is war.  An fighting a war on your own soil generally gives you the upper hand, tactically.  Just look at the VC.

It's good to hear you'd be willing to sign up to defend your country, Melon.  I've gained some new respect for you there.

gronne

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Oct 4 2004, 11:30 PM)
It's good to hear you'd be willing to sign up to defend your country, Melon.  I've gained some new respect for you there.

That's why I've never understood patriotism. If you can't see where the obvious conflict goes here, it's not strange there are wars 24/7 in the world.

I've never got the idea of loving a border. I like the way my country is running, but would I if the the bourgeois took over? I'm not so sure. Sure, I like the fine nature in Sweden, but do I stop loving it when I cross to the norwegian border? No, they have a beautiful nature as well. I don't have anything in common with the people in northern Sweden, apart from cheering for the same team. Would I care about defending them? For humane reasons, yes, otherwise no.  Why can't everyone just love eachothers instead? <--- This goes go to the sentimentality corner though cool.gif

Melon: I have seen a lot of pretty english ladies as well. I was in Kos last summer and I was near scoring a sweet english lady rolleyes.gif Let's just say I shouldn't have been so straight-forward biggrin.gif But really, it's in the eye of the beholder. And ometimes it's a problem that we have TOO good-looking ladies here. Our society has become too superficial and nowadays that's all that matters. The ones that can't keep the high standards will have serious problems. I fortunately don't have this problem, however there's a greater need for psychologists for the ones that fall behind. If you go back only 40 years this problem was at minimum. So looking good has become a great class question. And it's all a fake image. I happened to see one of my former female classmates without make-up, and I realized how much they fake to look good.

jeti

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2004, 01:51:00 AM »

there are men and women in the service whose only wish is to help those who need it.

my question is to counrtys like sweeden. all of these countrys are "peace loving nation's" how can these places just stand back and watch while dictators like sadam kills thousands of inocent civilians?
if they had dictators like sadam they would be screaming for help too. i would like to have world peace. try to look out side the box every once in a while. just because you have cozzy litle borders now, doesn't mean the world isn't falling apart around you. if a crazy dictator gets ahold of WMD and starts using them, oh will you ever wish you spread the peace! you know since you live in such a --->
peace loving nation

melon

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

my question is to counrtys like sweeden. all of these countrys are "peace loving nation's" how can these places just stand back and watch while dictators like sadam kills thousands of inocent civilians?
if they had dictators like sadam they would be screaming for help too. i would like to have world peace. try to look out side the box every once in a while. just because you have cozzy litle borders now, doesn't mean the world isn't falling apart around you. if a crazy dictator gets ahold of WMD and starts using them, oh will you ever wish you spread the peace! you know since you live in such a --->
peace loving nation

Sorry Jeti but at the moment there is a major crisis in Sudan check out the two links

http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/3718686.stm
http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/3718686.stm

then you have Zimbabwe and Nigeria has trouble.
How can America give Saddam the wepons then be surprised when he uses them?
There is nothing wrong with being a peace loving country, the UK is one we just dont have a peace loving Prime Minister.

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

but the coalition is killing tens of thousands of ordinary Iraqi civilians in the last 12 months.

Those numbers are from everything war related. This includes, but not limited to, civilians killed by the other side (enemies), diseases "caused" by the war, lack of food/housing caused by the war. Saying the coalition is killing tens of thousands, makes it sound like they lined them up to be mowed down by a firing squad.

let genocide happen in Sudan?

In the same POST you look down at America for going into Iraq and removing their genocidal dictator, then you ask why we don't goto Sudan to do the same for them! All you're doing is finding reason to hate America. You have no true jutification for what you say since you change your view point, not only in different topics, but in the same post!

melon

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #260 on: October 06, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

Baner he means why choose Iraq? Why not choose to liberate Sudan instead? It would be a lot easier and you could easily get UN backing. Bush must have chose Iraq for a reason and Avardan was ponting out the vested interest Bush could could have had in choosing Iraq.

On the UK, Blair will win, not because he is popular but because he stops the tories getting into power. Nobody has forgiven him over here for going to war. Almost everyone who was pro-war is now anti-war after learning what everyone else already knew. The tories in power would spell the end for a free health service and lead to a degeneration of public services.

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #261 on: October 06, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

As far as Sudan vs Iraq, I'm sure the money had lots to do with it. If you were going to send your troops, equipment, and time into a country, I'm sure you'd want something out of it. (as shaded as that might sound, it's oh so true.) Also Sudan wasn't thought, whether it be by wrong information or just general location, to be related to the terrorist we were after, which was the topic on everyones mind when going to war with Iraq.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #262 on: October 06, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

And we don’t know how many Iraqi civilians have been killed from coalition forces because no official records are kept, how convenient.

It is well-known that anti-us rhetoric exaggerates civilian casualty counts.  And obviously the military doesn't have any way of keeping accurate tabs on civilian deaths, especially those killed by insurgents.  Someone's firing on you and you're supposed to call a timeout to count bodies?

I'm not saying accurate records are a bad thing.  I wish we had them, too.  I'm just asking for some reflection on how they could be kept without taking the exaggerated word of al Jazeera and anti-us hospital officials.

I don’t hate America far from it, I’m not a big fan of the Electoral College/voting system and I’m really starting to hate Bush and his cronies with a passion.

So our age-old voting system is Bush's fault?  Fascinating... so are the hurricanes in Florida.   dry.gif

But I must say the electoral college does suck.  I hate politicians and their cronies... both sides have their puppets and they can all fucking hang for all I care.

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

"Hurricane Frances is the result of George W. Bush's refusal to sign the Kyoto World Climate Treaty," Lundin wrote to me in an e-mail. "Charley, Frances and now Ivan form an unprecedented three major hurricanes in one month. While Bush fights a war-for-oil in Iraq, his catastrophic energy policies have unleashed nature's attack on Florida."

He's not saying you said, he's saying Dems said it.
What he's trying to say is
Something Happens = Bush's Fault
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]