xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: A Just War?  (Read 829 times)

bluedeath

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 10 2004, 10:22 PM)
Just because there have been much fewer casualties doesn't mean the bravery of our soldiers, or the importance of their mission, is any less than D-Day.

The usual question nemt.  When are you going to enlist and put your money where your mouth is?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

Jeti: I'll say, as everyone else has, that we appreciate your efforst with all of our hearts.  I must ask you something before I can answer your question.  Do YOU feel you are fighting a just war?  You are the one in the mix.  You have a first-hand idea of how the conflict is really going.  Are the Iraqi's thankful... are they truly liberated.  Based on the current situation in Iraq and the progress it's making, do you feel the Iraqis have been liberated?  Do you feel that you've helped to eliminate a thread to the World?

Those of us in this forum know, basically, what we're fed by the loaded global media.  You, however, are living the war in "real life".  We should be asking YOU if our country is fighting a just war.

bluedeath

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Sep 11 2004, 12:28 AM)
Jeti: I'll say, as everyone else has, that we appreciate your efforst with all of our hearts.  I must ask you something before I can answer your question.  Do YOU feel you are fighting a just war?  You are the one in the mix.  You have a first-hand idea of how the conflict is really going.  Are the Iraqi's thankful... are they truly liberated.  Based on the current situation in Iraq and the progress it's making, do you feel the Iraqis have been liberated?  Do you feel that you've helped to eliminate a thread to the World?

Those of us in this forum know, basically, what we're fed by the loaded global media.  You, however, are living the war in "real life".  We should be asking YOU if our country is fighting a just war.

Thanks for putting things in perspective unprofessional.

Jeti:  I respectfully submit my ooRAH to HOOAH.

IF I DIE IN A COMBAT ZONE
BOX ME UP AND SHIP ME HOME
PIN MY MEDALS ACROSS MY CHEST
AND TELL MY MAMA I'VE DONE MY BEST

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »

And Iraq didn't invade Kuwait?

We dont generally invade a country because they invaded someone else over 10 years ago, but whatever.

dss311

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »

We dont generally invade a country because they invaded someone else over 10 years ago, but whatever.

We generally don't take 10 years to finish our battles but Clinton was in office for 8 of those years.  But whatever......

BTW,
Liberating and Invading are two words that are not Synonymous.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

Liberating and Invading are two words that are not Synonymous.

I totally agree.
Generally you don't occupy countries you're liberating.

dss311

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

The gulf war was fought to keep Saddam from controlling over 40% of the worlds oil.

Thats a new one on me.  Amazing the things you can learn on this board.  I always thought it was to liberate Kuwait and stop Sadams agressions against his neighbors.  Hell but what do I know.  Did we stop Hitler for the same reason?

Generally you don't occupy countries you're liberating.

Definition:
oc·cu·py    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (ky-p)
tr.v. oc·cu·pied, oc·cu·py·ing, oc·cu·pies
1 To fill up (time or space): a lecture that occupied three hours.
2 To dwell or reside in.
3 To hold or fill (an office or position).
4 To seize possession of and maintain control over by or as if by conquest.
5 To engage or employ the attention or concentration of: occupied the children with coloring books.

lib·er·ate    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (lb-rt)
tr.v. lib·er·at·ed, lib·er·at·ing, lib·er·ates
1 To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.
2 Chemistry. To release (a gas, for example) from combination.
3 Slang. To obtain by illegal or stealthy action: tried to sell appliances that were liberated during the riot.

Who is occupying?  Right now Iraq goverment is running the show.  They have asked us to help with security until the elections are over.  Liberate Definition #1 seems to apply.  Don't you agree? To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

It's a bit difficult to "liberate" from across the border with bullhorns, wouldn't you agree?  Although "liberate" and "occupy" aren't synonymous, they're also not mutually exclusive, and often co-dependent.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (jeti @ Sep 10 2004, 06:41 PM)
i'm currently in what we the army call, "opperation iraqi freedom 2". as of wendsday 1005 us troops have been killed since the war started. and yes, it is still going on! i patrol the streets of baghdad everyday. i just want to know if you think i am fighting a just war?

Yes I feel the war is very just

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (Maximumbeing @ Sep 11 2004, 01:34 AM)
The gulf war was fought to keep Saddam from controlling over 40% of the worlds oil. So Clinton decided that he valued life over oil, what a horrible guy.

Clinton made removal of Saddam US policy in 1998, so nuts to that.

Also, Clinton had no problems launching missiles every which way in the Balkan without any justification other than some loose claims of "genocide." ...which was later determined to be the result of an insurrection against a legitimate, democratically elected leader, with the goal of establishing a hardline Islamic state in Europe.  Clinton didn't value life over oil, Clinton just had idiots for advisors and a borderline retarded foreign policy.

Besides, if either Gulf War were about Oil, why Iraq? the US could've just invaded Mexico, Venezuela, or any other closer oil country, with a much smaller defensive force.

gcskate27

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

because itd be kinda hard to blame mexico for a terror campaign and have it be believable...

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 11 2004, 12:27 PM)
because itd be kinda hard to blame mexico for a terror campaign and have it be believable...

All right, and in this crazy conspiracy of framing someone for WMDs just to get oil no one remebered to plant the anthrax in Baghdad?

No, sorry, not buying it.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

It wasn't about us having more oil, it was about stop Saddam from having over 40% of the worlds oil.

If one country had that much control over the entire oil supply in the world, you can see why there would be obvious problems.

melon

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

The first Gulf war was a lot to do with very close friends of the Bush's becoming very nervous, the Saudi Royal family didnt want a powerfull Iraq so close to them.

These political threads are becoming so boring. You have idiots like nemt who live in a distorted world where everything is great and the only problems in America is the poor poeple begging off the government.

The war is wrong, Iraq is unsafe. I dont need a US soldier to tell me otherwise. I know it is unsafe for a man to leave his house with his wife because she will be kidnapped and gang raped in the middle of the day. Women are staying indoors, there is no safety for locals.

If people do go out they have a great chance of being shot by trigger happy American troops.

I kind of hope more American troops die, lets turn this into another Vietnam.
I cant differentiate between an Iraqi life and an American. Actually I belive an Iraqi civillian life is worth ten times an American soldiers. The soldier signed up for this, the Iraqi civillian got fucked over by Saddam and now they are getting fucked over by the US army. When the mess is finally over the country will be fucked over financially because of the extorionate profits given to mostly American companies to rebuild the country.

I know im going to get slated for this but your opinions mean shit to me as I see the world for what it is, not some bullshit patriotic twist given by Bush and your media.
I cant be fucked with this anymore, we argue in circles and get nowhere.

So jeti if you have mistreated anybody while you have been out there, and being an American soldier means there is a good chance you have, or if you have watched idally while somebody else has you deserve what you get.

Your not a hero, your not protecting America, your not even keeping the world safe. Your actually making it a more dangerous place to live in so thanks for that. But you keep doing your job like a bitch, killing whoever Bush feels like invading tommorrow.
You keep telling yourself Im doing the right thing, as long as you know the entire world hates your country and its army for what it is doing right now in Iraq and Afghanastan.

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

The reason the arguments here go in circles and get nowhere is because idiots (ie: you) refuse to admit the war was justified, because people like you are misinformed and generally less intelligent to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18