xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: A Just War?  (Read 830 times)

jeti

• Archived User
A Just War?
« on: September 10, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

i'm currently in what we the army call, "opperation iraqi freedom 2". as of wendsday 1005 us troops have been killed since the war started. and yes, it is still going on! i patrol the streets of baghdad everyday. i just want to know if you think i am fighting a just war?

thomes08

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

i wish you the best of luck and i commend you on joining the armed forces to defend our country.  However i do not believe you are fighting a just war.  I understand that you need to defend yourself and you fellow troops and i understand what happens there isn't because of the choices you as an individual make, so i have absolutely no hard felings towards you.  
Basically i'm glad there are people like you who put your life on the line for people like me, but i don't think the possiblility of your death is worth in it this war.  Not by a long shot

best of luck
thomes08

pegasys

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

I believe that your life is not worth wasting in the war in iraq.  Best of luck, and come home soon.

bluedeath

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

What type of weapons are you guys using on patrol.  Is the M16A2 still a primary weapon?  Are you guys using M203s, M249s, and MK19s regularly?  I was just wondering if they have advanced the weapons to be more suitable towards urban assault.  The old flack jackets were so bulky and heavy that I couldn't stand them.  Do they have a better type of body armor or does it still suck?

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Best of luck to you man. Of course, no conflict is worth the death of our fine men, but it's people like you that keep people like me safe, so I comemerate you. As far as a just war, it's all in your eyes. Good luck, God's speed wink.gif
There's no one in the world that I respect more than anyone in our armed forces.

dss311

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

Because there has only been 1005 deaths shows how excellent you and your fellow troops are performing.  D-day lost over 10,000 people in the first day.  War is not a pretty picture but I absoulutely believe you are doing the right thing over there.  The middle east is hot bead for terrorist and dictators.  By you guys cleaning up Iraq and freeing the people over there eventually that side of the world will become civilized.  I commend you and everyone else over there for putting your lives on the line for the rest of us.  Godspeed your safe an quick return.  
beerchug.gif

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

Don't pay any attention to these clowns and their bashing of a justified mission.  You can see first hand the good you and your fellow soldiers have done, without needing to look through the corrupted scope of the global media.  Do you feel your mission has been just so far?

melon

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

I feel strongly against the war and while I wish no harm to you, I do not like the number of civillian casualties caused by over zealous serviceman. I am not accusing you of this in any way I just thought you might be able to give a reason from the point of view of someone who is on the frontline.

Also my Iraqi sources say it is pretty lawless in Baghdad with cases of men stealing others' wives by gunpoint in the street a regular occurance. Whats it like from your point of view??

I hope you come back safe and Im sorry for the negative questions but your the perfect person to ask.

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

nemt... that the most ignorant thing you've said thus far...
Not one of us has bashed the mission he is on. We have all wished him luck, he's doing something that many of us wouldn't for all the money in the world. Whether it's justified or not, he's protecting us, upholding the american image, and doing a job many of us wouldn't want any part of. All I can do is thank him. again, best of luck, guys like you make the world go 'round  love.gif

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Sep 10 2004, 05:07 PM)
nemt... that the most ignorant thing you've said thus far...
Not one of us has bashed the mission he is on. We have all wished him luck, he's doing something that many of us wouldn't for all the money in the world. Whether it's justified or not, he's protecting us, upholding the american image, and doing a job many of us wouldn't want any part of. All I can do is thank him. again, best of luck, guys like you make the world go 'round  love.gif

What are you talking about?  The war has been bashed in almost thread in the politics forum here for months.

Arius

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Because there has only been 1005 deaths shows how excellent you and your fellow troops are performing. D-day lost over 10,000 people in the first day.

Dont take this the wrong way (I wouldnt usually get involved in any kind of political thread) ALL of the troops no matter fromw aht country are doing there job over there (regardless of if I feel its right or wrong) and I wish them all the best of luck and hope they all return back home soon.

but you cant compair invading Iraq to the D-Day landings.

nemt

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Arius @ Sep 10 2004, 05:20 PM)
but you cant compair invading Iraq to the D-Day landings.

Just because there have been much fewer casualties doesn't mean the bravery of our soldiers, or the importance of their mission, is any less than D-Day.

Baner

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

Sorry, misinterpretation, thought you were talking about the people in this thread, scratch the previous post.

Arius

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 10 2004, 10:22 PM)
Just because there have been much fewer casualties doesn't mean the bravery of our soldiers, or the importance of their mission, is any less than D-Day.

this is why I dont get involved in Political threads.

D-Day was when half the world where involved in a war.

Iraq was not.

D-Day was fighting the German Army who where invading other countrys.

Iraq is not.

I wouldnt for one minute take anything away from the troops over there

ALL of the troops no matter fromw aht country are doing there job over there (regardless of if I feel its right or wrong) and I wish them all the best of luck and hope they all return back home soon.

and I would never wish any harm to any of the troops over there, and wish them ALL the best.

but D-day was something of historic importance IMO Iraq war PT2 will be remembered as a UK and US cock-up that should never have happened the way it did.

again I want to say, I support ALL the troops over there as they are just doing there job.

dss311

• Archived User
A Just War?
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

D-Day was when half the world where involved in a war.

Iraq was not.

32 Countries are particpating

D-Day was fighting the German Army who where invading other countrys.

Iraq is not.

And Iraq didn't invade Kuwait?

War is War. Our troops lives are at risk everyday.  Although this is not on the same scale as WWII, it is not less important.  Their valiant services will make our lives safer and the midle east more stable.  

It looks like conservatives and liberals all agree regading the troop's safety. We all wish them the best of luck and thank them for their services.  They are in a prayers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18