xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MS Still Is Not Making Money With The Xbox?  (Read 305 times)

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
MS Still Is Not Making Money With The Xbox?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 03:10:00 AM »

yeah cause xbox live for 12 month is 70.00 bux

No it's 49.99 for a starter kit last time I checked. I was a beta tester 1st wave so I dunno how much it is now, but I paid 49.99 for a 12 month card, headset, Nfl Fever 2003 beta, Whacked, Moto GP, Revolt, Translucent Orange Memory card, and carrying case for 49.9
i guess it changed i bought mine in febuary for 70.00

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Jul 22 2004, 05:06 AM)
and i cant believe anyone thinks you brag about anything...  wink.gif

Im not bragging, I paid just as much as anyone else for a starter kit but I just made it in beta whoopde do, and I stated what I received not bragging at all.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2004, 03:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (..[[ModBoxMaster]].. @ Jul 22 2004, 05:13 AM)
i guess it changed i bought mine in febuary for 70.00

I dunno how it changed from when I bought it which was like in August of 2002, Official release of live was November 15, 2002 (1st year anniversery of xbox), and I dunno how it could of gone up, unless you bought the kit with Mechassualt, Crimson Skies, or another game.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

biggrin.gif hey check out my post....

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (..[[ModBoxMaster]].. @ Jul 22 2004, 05:16 AM)
that was it.. i got mech assault with it... it was worth it tho biggrin.gif hey check out my post....

See with Mechassualt it's 69.99 because that I know of it's a platinum hit's as of right now. So just add it up, your not saving anything  laugh.gif . Same with Crimson it's not a platinum that I know of, but most stores have it for 19.99 or 24.99. But, I do know that retail kit's cost 49.99. Which include 12 month card, headset, motogp/whacked demo.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »

ahh.. ok well i know u cant play live w/o game cause they wil ban u with modbox

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2004, 05:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (..[[ModBoxMaster]].. @ Jul 22 2004, 05:21 AM)
ahh.. ok well i know u cant play live w/o game cause they wil ban u with modbox

No shit sherlock.  laugh.gif

Dark_Link2135

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

okay, look, even if MS is not making a $49 profit off each game, there is no way they cost over $5 to make.  so with a team of 25 all being payed $150 a year for three years, even though a lot of games dont take that long to make and no team of 25 will all have that high a salary, $45 would cover even that.

so considering the cost would be even lower, no matter how you look at it, their games are making them a profit.  end of story.

well, okay, maybe not, but you see what i mean, at least some of it.

if im overlooking something, please mention it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

"Team sizes have grown, technology costs are up, salaries have risen since there aren't enough potential employees out there," said Alexander Seropian, founder and former chief executive of Bungie Studios.

"Five years ago you could make a AAA game with eight people in a year," he said. "Now it takes three years and 50 people."

Robbie Bach, MS’s Chief Xbox Officer says that the cost of producing the top-tier AAA titles—already $5 to $10 million each—is likely to grow significantly.

In the game industry’s current “blockbuster-or-bust” state of affairs, recovering those development costs is becoming increasingly difficult, as the ESA reports that of the scores of new games released last year, a mere nine console titles achieved sales above 1 million units.

from you post it seems you think all the profit that they do make goes to ms... which isnt anywhere near true...

Dark_Link2135

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Jul 22 2004, 09:04 PM)
from link

from you post it seems you think all the profit that they do make goes to ms... which isnt anywhere near true...

i did overlook that, and no, i do not think all the profit goes to MS.

but look at what i said:  a platinum seller will make 49 million dollars.
your post helped prove my point, average cost is 5-10 million dollars, a buttload less then what i mentioned.

and yes, so he said only 9 made it - but all those have net profit of 39 million at the least.  you can still sell less and make a lot of money.

MS doesn't get all that money, but neither does the entire development cost burden fall on them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]