xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: F 9/11 - Moore On Filesharing His Film  (Read 115 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
F 9/11 - Moore On Filesharing His Film
« on: July 04, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

i give him credit, thats one of the few times someone in hollywood would say that, nowadays multi-million dollars singers bitch because people download 1 song they want, out of the 18 on a cd they dont want

but moore, yes, he is making money of the film, no shit, but i feel thats not what hes in it for, as one of his collegues was killed in 9/11, and his hometowns economy is going to the shitter, so he feels he has to do something, if anything at all

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Jul 6 2004, 10:59 PM)
I'll be the first to admit I embrace file-sharing wholeheartedly. Am I saying I pirate material off the internet? No, but I am saying the concept in incredibly important.

I have a cable modem at home, assuming I couldn't use that for high-speed downloading then i wouldn't have it,

Let's Review shall we....

You embrace filesharing but you don't pirate material and yet you only have a cable modem for high speed downloading.

RRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTT......................

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 6 2004, 08:06 PM)
Let's Review shall we....

You embrace filesharing but you don't pirate material and yet you only have a cable modem for high speed downloading.

RRRRIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTT......................

First I didn't state anywhere that you've qouted me if I did or didn't pirate material.

Second maybe you've never heard of public domain. A lot of concerts, recordings from the radio, and other things totally open to the public to download and share amongst themselves. Pardon me for indulging.

Third my girlfriend enjoys the java games and such on MSN, when she's at my house she likes to be able to download them and play, therefore having a cable modem keeps her from having to wait 10 minutes to play Zuma.

I didn't realize I needed to qualify my posts without someone jumping to conclusions.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

I think it really comes down to the fact that the movie/music industry hasn't produced decent and creative material in quite a while.  They have become greedy.  Whenever an industry turns to greed then creativity is squelched.  Who has walked out of a movie theater in the last month and felt like they were robbed?  I know I have.  I think Spiderman 2 is an excellent example.  The movie panders to the masses while insulting anyone who cannot fathom a mini fusion sun ball being dropped into the inlet river (smother fusion with hydrogen..... anyone know where we can find more hydrogen, anyone, anyone...... ).  I refuse to give this horrible industry another dime.  You can't tell me that these wealthy industry execs haven't invested in our tech driven stock market.  It's one of the only games in town.  They invested in their own demise.  Let them reap what they have sewn.

Screw The same industry that made an unrated version of a Christmas themed movie (Bad Santa).  The fact that artists Like Eminem, Nelly, and Avril Lavigne, have made more than seven dollars is a travesty.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

I think more than TWO dollars is a travesty... and I could name dozens more "artists" who fall into that category.

miazmaticdotcom

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 03:07:00 AM »

I just saw F911. It was kind of long, and I didn't really get what the main message was. Seemed kind of scattered.

I liked the bit where he read out the PATRIOT act, though. We should do that with the DMCA

OrkanMan

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 04:28:00 AM »

I think it really comes down to the fact that the movie/music industry hasn't produced decent and creative material in quite a while. They have become greedy.

You can't be serious.

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 6 2004, 09:50 PM)
I think it really comes down to the fact that the movie/music industry hasn't produced decent and creative material in quite a while.  They have become greedy.  Whenever an industry turns to greed then creativity is squelched.  Who has walked out of a movie theater in the last month and felt like they were robbed?  I know I have.  I think Spiderman 2 is an excellent example.  The movie panders to the masses while insulting anyone who cannot fathom a mini fusion sun ball being dropped into the inlet river (smother fusion with hydrogen..... anyone know where we can find more hydrogen, anyone, anyone...... ).  I refuse to give this horrible industry another dime.  You can't tell me that these wealthy industry execs haven't invested in our tech driven stock market.  It's one of the only games in town.  They invested in their own demise.  Let them reap what they have sewn.

Screw The same industry that made an unrated version of a Christmas themed movie (Bad Santa).  The fact that artists Like Eminem, Nelly, and Avril Lavigne, have made more than seven dollars is a travesty.

yeah spiderman 2 sucked.