xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Well Theres So Many Anit-war And Bush Statments  (Read 153 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Well Theres So Many Anit-war And Bush Statments
« on: May 14, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

uhh.gif

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ May 14 2004, 02:53 PM)
wel this is short and sweet, and i want your reaction to this statement (or try and tell me how it makes sense)

"Every country now has a decision to make, you're either with us or you're with the terrorist's."
    - George W Bush

ok, now what the hell kind of statement is that (i was reading through my history book as i was bored, and he said this after 9/11 )

lets say china or spain or mexico or someone didn't want to get involved in fighting terrorists (as its almost impossible to kill them all or stop terrorism), that means there helping the terrorists  uhh.gif

Well first of all your chopping out a very small portion of a speech and turning it into propaganda... You'll make a good politician some day... congratulations...
beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

uhh.gif

nice try trying to pin it on me, and good job of going off topic, as i wanted reactions to the statement itself

edit, and a statement like that is very straightforward, i dont care if there was a 2 hour speech to go with it, its right to the point, just like a thesis on a paper.

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

Well, a history book could definitely be full of propaganda, try comparing an english Vs. an american history book on for example the american civil war. You're bound to find differences. It all depends on the publishers background.
On the other hand Bush said that statement so it could only be read one way. What's said before doesn't really matter to the statement. It was a long time ago now and I can't remember what he said before it either but it was some bull about USA won't get terrified from this and similar events.

He obviously thought all european countries would stand behind him with this powerful statement, fortunately most didn't. USA had less power on us than they imagined. Nonetheless it was a stupid statement from the Bush administration. Then Bush's southern intelligence broke through all the way by acting cowboy. "Wanted - [face of Bin Laden] - Dead or Alive". Sometimes he just cracks me up with his stupid southern ideas.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

jester.gif

Intensecure

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

I'll requote from another of my posts:

"When Osama bin Laden declares that the world is divided between believers and non-believers, it is easily to identify the menace of the fanatic mind but, in what other company can we place George Bush when we hear him declare that 'you are either with us or you are on the side of the terrorists'? We fail at our peril to recognize a twin strain of the same fanatic spore that threatens to consume the world in its messianic fires The potential role of the 'invisible' religions and world views in tempering the forces that seek to dichotomise the world."
Wole Soyinka -African Nobel Laureate, BBC Reith Lectures 2004.

`Never focus on what they say,
Focus on what they do.`
- Noam Chomsky

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

yea helium, like ive been saying to people, you cant win over terrorism, the more terrorists you kill, the more people join terrorism

drunkpug

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

bump for dumb people!

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

wow, you are mentally handicapped arent you?

what were you bumping, there was no real arguement or anything valid to keep alive

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (drunkpug @ Jun 1 2004, 10:39 PM)
bump for dumb people!

Dump for bum people! ph34r.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

Bush is payed to run this country, not speak good english!

SARDONICISM

Helghast

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

Who will survive nuclear fallout? The cockroaches. Who will survive RAID fallout? Humans (some humans anyway, the others would probably get high off the raid fumes or turn into horribly disfigured mutants). So you see what we must now undertake to ensure the survival of the human race.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Helghast @ Jun 5 2004, 01:39 PM)
Who will survive nuclear fallout? The cockroaches. Who will survive RAID fallout? Humans (some humans anyway, the others would probably get high off the raid fumes or turn into horribly disfigured mutants). So you see what we must now undertake to ensure the survival of the human race.

Back for more...
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Love the sig
Yes mein fuhrer, forgive me, I'm Jewish.