xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sign This Petition If You Agree..  (Read 503 times)

TacoBalls

• Archived User
Sign This Petition If You Agree..
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ May 22 2003, 02:45 PM)
The reason you guys think we went to war with Iraq is for the oil right? I hope you're right. Well when am I gonna see the price drop on gas and other oil dependant products?

If the reason we went to war was for oil, we would be occupying Kuwait right now.  Kuwait is the highest oil-yielding nation on the planet, yet we liberated them during the Gulf War.  Do you honestly think Sadaam Hussein wakes up and says, "Hmm..I think I'll raise the price of oil up .50 cents a gallon for the rest of the world today!"  It's propaganda that people are buying in to the just isn't factual.  Has anyone ever heard of OPEC?

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ May 22 2003, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (TacoBalls @ May 22 2003, 12:01 PM)
If the reason we went to war was for oil, we would be occupying Kuwait right now.  Kuwait is the highest oil-yielding nation on the planet, yet we liberated them during the Gulf War.  Do you honestly think Sadaam Hussein wakes up and says, "Hmm..I think I'll raise the price of oil up .50 cents a gallon for the rest of the world today!"  It's propaganda that people are buying in to the just isn't factual.  Has anyone ever heard of OPEC?

You honestly don't think we got one hell of a deal on oil from Kuwait for helping them out? Sheash..

Did none of you read my post earlier about the US/UK taking full control of Iraq's oil fields?

I for one wont sign the petition. I support the actions of our troops, and that's what they need.

Huh? When was this petition about supporting our troops? Heck, I support our troops 100%, just not the politicians that tell them what and where to fight.. The petition is about being AGAINST Bush/Blairs nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.. that's all.. not about the war, although that plays a strong factor in why I think they dont even deserve a nomination..

Our troops include President George W. Bush, Commander In Cheif of the US Armed Forces.  Support them, you support him.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »

I guess you all thought by my post that I am against bush... maybe you should re-read it.

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ May 22 2003, 03:34 PM)
I guess you all thought by my post that I am against bush... maybe you should re-read it.

I didn't allude to that at all.  Just trying to help shed some light on what people are spoon-feeding you.  If you support him, fine.  If you don't, fine.  Just base it on fact, that's all I care about.

scotty6004

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ May 22 2003, 04:44 PM)
ok, just had to post this, even though its off topic.. You people still think it wasn't about oil/$/power as the first priority?

US/UK Control Iraqi oil

The U.N. Security Council on Thursday approved the U.S.-backed resolution lifting sanctions against Iraq and giving the United States and Britain extraordinary powers to run the country and its lucrative oil industry. Approval came after France, Germany and Russia backed a U.S. compromise that opened the door to a greater U.N. role in Iraqi reconstruction.

THE RESOLUTION passed by a 14-0 vote, with Syria absent.
The final resolution represented a compromise but left the underlying goal of the United States and its allies intact: Washington and London, as occupying powers, remain firmly in control of Iraq and its oil wealth “until an internationally recognized, representative government is established.”

Many council members had complained the resolution set no end to the U.S. and British occupation of Iraq -and many wanted the council to have a significant role in monitoring the country’s reconstruction.

U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte insisted the United States would not accept any time limits on how long it could administer Iraq.

Sanctions imposed on Saddam Hussein’s regime after its invasion of Kuwait in 1990 technically cannot be lifted until U.N. weapons inspectors declare it free of weapons of mass destruction. But the United States has refused to allow them to return.

Nearly half the seven-page resolution deal with arrangements to phase out the U.N. oil-for-food humanitarian program over the next six months and transfer control of Iraq’s oil revenue from the United Nations to the United States and Britain.

So, the US/UK will control all of Iraq's oil until a Govt that the US/UK agree on and recognize exists in Iraq.. so all they have to do is state they don't recognize any Gov't there for the next 20 years and get tons of oil for free at the expense of the Iraqi people. I guess people can't compain about it too much though, since it was 14-0 vote at the UN.

Ok Have you noticed that iraq is in total anarchy and turmoil pretty much? There is mass looting taking place and crime all over the country. What do you expect when you finally get your first taste of freedom from a total dictatorship after all these years.Although do you really think iraq is in a good position to control its own oil reserves that the rest of the world counts on? Even though many people dont agree it totally makes sense for us and our allies to take control of this situation and country until a stable government can be enacted and the people have something to follow again. IF we dont take control of this very important resource who would right now? Its not like we are taking it all for ourselves..we only montoring it and guiding it until they can handle the responsiblity themseves. Theres no way in hell we are gonna still be in control of iraq and not let any government be enacted for 20 frigin years. Even if the current administration doesnt recognize any government....there will be new administrations and new ideas.

Also if we pulled out now when nothing has been established then it will be all for nothing. There could be a civil war, it turn into another afghanistan, hussein or his followers could sneak back in or try to use their power from the outside(if they are still alive), iran could try to stick someone in power. So many bad things would come out of us pulling out right now.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »

If Bush won the nobel peace prize, i'd find a nice tall building and...oh...you dont wanna hear this.  biggrin.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2003, 06:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ May 23 2003, 02:43 AM)
If Bush won the nobel peace prize, i'd find a nice tall building and...oh...you dont wanna hear this.  biggrin.gif

That's not even tasteful. dry.gif

loai

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

tongue.gif

scotty6004

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2003, 09:52:00 AM »

Um we pretty much are the UN. Face it we are the strong arm enforcer for the UN. Im sorry but without our support the UN wouldnt mean much...not nowadays.Do you want the whole french army of 20 guys in skirts keeping the peace??

Dont think for a second the UN is an all goody-do-the-right-thing organization. They have their own agendas too as that was OBVIOUS recently. Again we are not controlling it in the way you are saying....would you rather us all go stand in a small corner of iraq and just wait till something happens like a few more oil wells being set afire?

Oh ya good point on the kosovo thing, mage. Ive never been over there so I dont know much about it.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ May 22 2003, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Fuzzy @ May 23 2003, 02:43 AM)
If Bush won the nobel peace prize, i'd find a nice tall building and...oh...you dont wanna hear this.  biggrin.gif

That's not even tasteful. dry.gif

Im just jokin, im a kid, i dont need to care about politics yet (but personall bush is a flaming idiot, even though he is handling this situation surprisingly well, i bet Gore is glad he lost)

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (scotty6004 @ May 22 2003, 08:35 PM)
Ok Have you noticed that iraq is in total anarchy and turmoil pretty much? There is mass looting taking place and crime all over the country.

That isn't true.  You buy in too much to what mainstream media is selling you.

scotty6004

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (TacoBalls @ May 23 2003, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (scotty6004 @ May 22 2003, 08:35 PM)
Ok Have you noticed that iraq is in total anarchy and turmoil pretty much? There is mass looting taking place and crime all over the country.

That isn't true.  You buy in too much to what mainstream media is selling you.

No, what you said is bullshit. Im not just talking about the news, guy..I know people over there and all around the region(military and civilian)PLUS  I am military. Believe it or not we get the straight up truth bad or good from our intel. Where do you get your info?

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

.Do you want the whole french army of 20 guys in skirts keeping the peace??

take that back you flaming idiot ! You trash everyone for talking about things they don't understand but you are a worse fool.
Everyone had their own bias , but don't judge a republic by the actions of it's leader!!! Just because Sadam was a dictatore : does that make ALL iraqis dictators ???
No of course not ... and just because the US lost a lot of soldiers and killed a number of their own allies does that make each soldior a traitor or idiot ? No . It's your reasoning that is  putrid.

I bet your prety upset now ... well maybe next time you'll actualy "think" before you trash people . Also we are all tired of your "flag waving" . You are a yank ? good for you ... you are a serviceman ? great ! But an issue such as the Nobel Peace prize is international and therefore we are not all americans reading these posts.

EDIT by survivorejam

I'm mostly upset with you 'cause you have insulted my family heritage .I may be Australian but I still have a right to be proud of Father and his father and the rest of my French family who bravly served thier nation during many wars.  ph34r.gif

scotty6004

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »

First off that comment was a joke obviously. If you cant see that then youre the fool.

As far as this comment goes..

"Everyone had their own bias , but don't judge a republic by the actions of it's leader!!! Just because Sadam was a dictatore : does that make ALL iraqis dictators ???
No of course not ... and just because the US lost a lot of soldiers and killed a number of their own allies does that make each soldior a traitor or idiot ? No . It's your reasoning that is putrid."

What the hell? I dont even understand what youre trying to say in those 2 points.  I never said all iraqis were dictators and im not treating all iraqis as another saddam.I even know non military people living in iraq. I dont even understand youre traitor or idiot comment. Where did that come from?

Sounds like youre the one who needs to think before YOU trash people. Also im irish and swedish...call me a dumb swede or a drunk mick and its not gonna make me take it to heart..learn to take a joke, guy.

dipole

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

Dude you are ignorant.  Just thank god that your pimply ass didn't have to fight a few years down the road because these two men had the foresight to rid the world of the next Adolf Hitler.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4