xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sign This Petition If You Agree..  (Read 504 times)

scotty6004

• Archived User
Sign This Petition If You Agree..
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »

I just realized i kinda went overboard and a little off topic i suppose. Sorry guys...Ive just seen how things really are that not everyone sees. That wasnt really meant towards anyone on here.....just in general.

M3_DeL

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

Good to see ya posting again ace!!!! LOL

I guess I fail to see what the big deal is.....the nobel peace prize is already a joke so who really cares!!!!! I mean Arafat got it for crying out loud!!!!

And kazuya......every time you say thast I have less and less respect for you! It makes you sound uneducated

scotty6004

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »

What did you do in the military ace or were you a contractor? Im not doubting you..just curious.

And for whats its worth I do think it was worth it..its just a tragedy we had to lose some damn good servicemembers doing so. Not all the terrorists got away remember...we are slowly catching them one by one and we will get osama and saddam eventually...probably not alive though.When you have billions of dollars it definately can help you dissapear especially with all the advance warnings they had because of the UN meetings and countries showing strong stances for iraq and probably talking to iraqi officials due to them selling them weapons and stuff.....you arent the most wanted terrorist or dictator if youre a complete moron that cant see warning signs to get out of dodge .All i see is a bigger challenge for our boys in the backroom that dont exist.

Honestly as I said I guess I got off topic since it was about the nomination for the nobel peace prize originally. That really doesnt mean anything to me.

Just a side note...you know who really makes me want to stick a umbrella up their ass and twist.....these celebrities who think their opinion on the war or sympathy for some country who strongly stood up against the USA really matters anymore then normal joe shmoe from fuckin idaho. Ya you are a moviestar or musician....ya you make more money then most of us will ever see.....no you dont matter anymore then a piece of rat turd. Oh ya Madonna kiss my ass!

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »

blink.gif

My Father/Mother where in the A.F. for 20 years, my dad was in Missles.. I was in for 4 years doing Satellite/Wideband Comm.. then became a contractor afterwards as the network administrator for the base.. I have since quit, but a new contract is being awarded in a couple weeks (10 year!), and hopefully I will be back there again.. If you don't let the politics get to you, it's actually quite the comedy show watching the A.F. try and run ..

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif  o ya lets give it to Bono and all the humanitarian work he's done  laugh.gif

Sam Nunn and Richard Luger were the only 2 on that huge list that did any good this year imho (they tried to clean up old nuclear materials in the soviet)

It gets funnier every year at the names popping up for nomination dry.gif

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ May 20 2003, 04:57 PM)
One thing I don't want to hear about is the atrocities commited by Hussein on his own people to be any arguement what so ever for the reason for war.. WE, the US, caused a majority of those atrocities by Daddy Bush invading and causing an internal uprising when we left and did nothing. If we truely wanted to help for humanitarian reasons, we would have finished the job in '91. Instead we sat back for over a decade and just watched and heard about these massacres happening, and did nothing.

Ya know, that is some great logic.
If you make a mistake, you cannot fix it?
That's what you're saying.

correct me if i'm wrong ace, but mage i think he meant rather one should not be rewarded for cleaning his own shit off his shoes.......and yes it is their own shit because it is a shockingly similiar cabinet to his dads.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 11:17:00 PM »

blink.gif

As far as the peace prize, they deserve it for holding back, and only attacking Iraq and not France as well  jester.gif But that is okay, we will just get them through sanctions and diplomacy games  ph34r.gif

M3_DeL

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 06:35:00 AM »

Nothing made me laugh watching the hitler miniseries thing, more then at the end when France is on the list of who Germany occupied........it was like though the years the German army conquered and occupied most of Europe inc. blah blah blah and FRANCE lol.........It was like they were taunting them!

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

face the facts : the war is over ...

... but not like the protesting loonies down the street going "yay we stoped the war!" the war is over simply because what some leaders set out to do has been done .

(ok you can skip the rest it's not that funny)

and now the people of Iraq are free ... well for a few more weeks until some the Islamists take over (they are allready telling the US to "get lost").For the first time in years we are free to share the Gospel with the people of Iraq .
yeah you may scoff but think of the greater implications : "these people now have the freedom to choose instead of being forced into a way of life they may not really want . Hey EVERYBODY wants a bigger ____  or a better ____ or to be more famouse or just plain old richer.

I'm definativly NOT signing the petion.

... you know the Bible does have a lot to say about Iraq and it's futur (it used to be Babylon) . So you can be sure there's going to be plenty more to come . The Empire Strikes Back ?

I agree with LZ and Scotty but mostly because I can't image Al Gore or even Clinton handling the USA since 9/11 ... they'd have sent a nuke or somthing into Afganistan . who knows ? we all have a bias (opinion wise)  it's just which is the right one to have ...

KenCuz

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ May 21 2003, 08:17 AM)
I'm not a Bush fan. Personally, I don't think anybody from Texas should be in any position of authority... (Nothing against Texans, just don't think they are representative of the rest of us...) I do admire Tony Blair. (I'm in the US, by the way).

You should've said that to the Dixie Chicks before they started yapping. laugh.gif

--KenCuz--

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 20 2003, 08:36 PM)
Is there one for those of us who AGREE to the nomination?

I would also like to sign a petition that agrees with this nomination.

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ May 22 2003, 09:54 AM)
Well, if your so interested in signing one FOR his nomination, why dont you do a google search for one and post the link.. As you know, I am against it, and have no desire to waste my time searching for something I am against.

There are only certain times when you really need to petition something.
I think it is silly how people petition such the simplest of things.
You should check their rules governing how they actually give the award out.
If they are a private orginization, I doubt they really care what <%1 of the population says on an internet petition.

As for finding a petition that agrees with the action, I doubt you need one.  Did you go searching for a pro-war petition when it happened?  I sure didn't.  It seems to be the case that for most events, you only need to petition if you disagree with the event.

survivorejam

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

there's a prety major petion coming up that will let your decision be significant:

it's called the elections"

just have to wait a bit more for it though... ph34r.gif

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »

You guys have great points. I respect your opinions on all of these things. The reason you guys think we went to war with Iraq is for the oil right? I hope you're right. Well when am I gonna see the price drop on gas and other oil dependant products? All of your statements are based on opinion... and just as you don't care about my opinion.. no one cares about yours. If you recall WWII there were restrictions put on Germany so that it could not rebuild its army. Hitler armed himself (just as Hussein has been doing) and the U.S. knew he was but chose the isolationist path as you are promoting here. The U.S. was forced into the war after Germany was very annhiatlating everyone when the U.S. could have prevented it before that happenned. We use history as a way to prevent our past mistakes from recurring.

TacoBalls

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ May 20 2003, 02:41 PM)
While I agree, they are marginally better than Yasser Arafat winning the Nobel Peace Prize in '94, I don't think Arafat cause as much death and hatred around the world that year than Bush/Blair have done this year towards our own countries.. This is the Nobel PEACE prize, how can anyone that KILLS THOUSANDS of innocent people even be remotely considered for a "Peace" prize?  unsure.gif

Who did we kill that was innocent?  Who did we kill without warning?  When did we go in and liberate people, by killing off others, without them knowing they were coming?  What is the margin of people who were spared by laying down their arms to people killed in conflict?  How many of your countrymen died?

I for one wont sign the petition.  I support the actions of our troops, and that's what they need.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4