xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and  (Read 1495 times)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
WAR ON IRAQ <- All Posts, POLLS, Question, and
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

About the cold hard facts...

It's not a perfect world.  Many things, especially historical events (as Lizard said) leave only some evidence for us to analyze.  Why do you think historical scholars exist?  Because things ARE ambigious... there are always theories -- because things can't always be proven in such a 1/0 Yes/No fashion.  

it's reality, my friend... people disagree.  not everything is quite so black and white.  Hell, some people aren't even sure if they're gay or straight!

Debating is always a healthy thing.  Basically, those of us lucky enough to enjoy a free country are welcome to express our opinions.  Have you ever wondered why schools have debate programs?  Because it's a great intellectual exercise to debate.  It tests our critical thinking skills and teaches us how to control our temper while expressing our ideas and opinions.  It's a GOOD thing... never take it for granted, because some people just simply aren't ALLOWED to do it.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

I like your arguments regarding marketing and the way it can easily poison an election -- as it has in the past, i'm sure.  Never is marketing the best way to judge a "product", however, it is usually the best way to sell it.  So, as marketing succeeds in selling us B.S. products, it will probably succeed in selling the people their leader.  It always has.

I'm a semi-support of Bush.  I'm a republican, however, I disagree with quite a few of his "behaviors".  But, unless I see a more promising leader in the 04 elections, I'm sure i'll cast my vote his direction.  As of now, the left has proposed nothing promising, giving Bush a HUGE advantage.

As for my references on ambiguity.... I may have come across incorrectly.  My intention was not to say that ambiguity should be accepted in all situations.  But, ignorantly, someone said they want black and white facts right here and now.  Let's be a little reasonable here... a little over 2 months after a war, he wants all the details?  Give me a break.  Things are still very tense and by all means still underway.  So, how can anyone expect all the details right now?

You want a detailed analysis of the war, why it took place, etc.  Well, you must wait until everything's on the table.  The Bush administration will soon be under investigation as to whether or not things were exaggerated, and to what degree.  He will lose most of his credibility if things are proven against him.  Then you'll have your cold hard facts.  But, for right now, no one's going to give them to you.  Also, don't just accept what the media throws at you... try to come up with some thoughts, then you can see the obvious holes in what the media tells you.

George "dubya" W. Bush

• Archived User
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

Your check is in the mail.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

Wow... you took the time to do that but failed to actually assemble an argument?

Maybe I should create a fake Hillary Clinton account and toss a check your way...

that could work...

Nick: The one and only Mrs. Hillary Clinton
Signature: I love Me, you should love me too
Image: 2 smiley pictures of me, 2 pictures of me kicking over kids' bikes.

flagg

• Archived User
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

like your arguments regarding marketing and the way it can easily poison an election -- as it has in the past, i'm sure. Never is marketing the best way to judge a "product", however, it is usually the best way to sell it. So, as marketing succeeds in selling us B.S. products, it will probably succeed in selling the people their leader. It always has

Well said. Damn I should have taken more poly science classes so I could come up with something original respond with smile.gif  Again, well said.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]