xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My New Toy  (Read 829 times)

H4L0G33K

• Archived User
My New Toy
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »

So I just bought a 1994 Toyota 4runner. I'll post pics of it soon, i'm looking to customize it and was wondering if anyone else has one they have already done or even some suggestions.

I just bought Clear bumper and corner covers for the front, i'm trying to look everywhere I can think of for clear tail lights but I can only find one picture of them and there is no name or any info about where they are made so the search continues lol

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
My New Toy
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(H4L0G33K @ Feb 25 2011, 06:25 PM) View Post

So I just bought a 1994 Toyota 4runner. I'll post pics of it soon, i'm looking to customize it and was wondering if anyone else has one they have already done or even some suggestions.

I just bought Clear bumper and corner covers for the front, i'm trying to look everywhere I can think of for clear tail lights but I can only find one picture of them and there is no name or any info about where they are made so the search continues lol

I've got a 1989 Pickup (pretty much the pickup variation of your 4-runner)

there is TONS and TONS and TONS of aftermarket equipment available for these vehicles.

I suppose it all depends on how exactly you're planning on customizing it?

Here area couple pics of my truck:

IPB Image
IPB Image

it's a 5-speed 4x4 with the 22RE
It's got a 4" skyjacker suspension lift, 3" body lift, 15" Micky Thomson wheels with 35x12.5 Dick Cepek Mud Tires.

as far as styling goes its got the windshield visor, the antenna has been shaved, clear turn signals and corner lights, Bushwhacker fender flares, back bumper removed and front bumper painted black.

The grill is from the Japanese version of the truck.

I've also installed a cat-back exhaust, a new intake, swapped the cluster out for one from an SR5 model (base models didn't have tachometer or oil pressure gauge) a longer shift lever and some grab handles.

about the only other thing I plan to do visually is add a roll bar... I might also swap to a WARN bumper at some point too (but they're hella expensive)
IPB Image

-------------

the biggest thing is what you want to do with your truck?

If you're more into driving it on the street... making it kind of like a show-truck you might want to check out http://customtacos.com
it's Tacoma related but they cover older trucks and 4runners too.

if you're interested in off-roading there is no better site than http://pirate4x4.com it's not vehicle specific but they have some of the best info on the web.

For everything else check out http://yotatech.com lots of really good info on doing pretty much anything to Toyota pickups and 4runners. I usually look there first for truck related searches.

Also cardomain.com is great if you just want to check out what other people are doing.