xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Disable Seat Belt Alarm In Fords?  (Read 927 times)

gopokes7

• Archived User
Disable Seat Belt Alarm In Fords?
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

Just wondering if any knows if the fixes online work for disabling the seat belt alarm in Ford Trucks... I have a 2005 supercab

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

I think if you insert the seat belt male end into the female socket (hehe) the beeping should stop

jjmcmahon7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

Never tried that... will post results... lol

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

in a lot of cars you can just press the seatbelt release button and the beeping will stop for a while.
Why not just wear a seatbelt though?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

agreed, you should just wear your seatbelt... I personally feel naked if I'm in a car and not wearing one.

as for defeating the alarm.

you'd really have to look at the factory service manual electrical diagrams to come up with a reasonable method of determining  how to fool it.

it probably just uses the belt clip as a conductor for a ground switch... if I had to guess, but I've honestly never looked at them all that closely.

gopokes7

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 15 2009, 01:03 PM) View Post

agreed, you should just wear your seatbelt... I personally feel naked if I'm in a car and not wearing one.

as for defeating the alarm.

you'd really have to look at the factory service manual electrical diagrams to come up with a reasonable method of determining  how to fool it.

it probably just uses the belt clip as a conductor for a ground switch... if I had to guess, but I've honestly never looked at them all that closely.

They said its in the owners guide, there is a process to disable it. The reason i want to disable it some is because i am often out on a farm traveling short distances in the field and having to get out and back in. This makes putting the seatbelt on every 2 minutes quite annoying. THanks for the input though...

https://www.flmowner.../OwnerGuidePage

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

Just turn up the radio.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:03:00 AM »

If you could find a male seatbelt end from a junkyard you could just leave it plugged into the buckle!  Then when you are on the road you could take it out, put your seatbelt on, and throw the end in the glove compartment.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ Oct 16 2009, 10:03 AM) View Post

If you could find a male seatbelt end from a junkyard you could just leave it plugged into the buckle!  Then when you are on the road you could take it out, put your seatbelt on, and throw the end in the glove compartment.

that's probably the easiest way to get it done.

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »

I disabled the seat belt alarm in both of my mustangs. I did it because lots of times I like to sit out in my car during lunch and listen to the radio.

It may or may not be the same for your truck, but here is how I did it

1) Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE).
2) Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (App. 1-2min)
a. Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3) Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending w/ the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during the Belt Minder warning activation
4) Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5) Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
a. After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6) Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
a. This will disable Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.
7) Confirmation of disabling Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.
8) Confirmation of enabling Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds, followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds again.
9) After receiving confirmation the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.