xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: In Need Of Expert Witness For Trial, Any Help Appreciated  (Read 1050 times)

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
In Need Of Expert Witness For Trial, Any Help Appreciated
« on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »

That's unfortunate. I hope you find someone to help you out. How exactly did you get in trouble?

manolodf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »

It was in the ridiculous raids of 2007, Operation Tangled Web. Then 4yrs and 8mos after not hearing a single thing and all that time waiting to rebuild life and for the 5yr mark for statutes to run out they hand out indictments to 10 of 32.    I know there are some good experts in the community that could be of great help, Bunnie Huang, Michael Steil amongst many others in various groups that are technically knowledgeable enough to be able to give plenty of fair use arguments and prove it in a report and in testimony.  Their Expert from all accounts seems to have a pretty weak report, so just need one to discredit theirs.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »

modding is not the legal issue here you were obviously caught with a substantial amount of modded consoles or copyrighted items such as copied games etc which you were illegally selling for your own profit.

average joes modding their xboxes for personal use dont get arrested and brought before courts.

suck it up and take it on the chin like a man, play with fire you will get burned.

anyone making a living out of stuff like this deserves to go down. it affects the industry and makes developers stop making awesome games, then we keep getting shite games like kinectimals and spylanders ffs.

if i were you id go find an actual lawyer to fight your case how fucking dumb is it to come onto an internet forum to ask for help. anything we tell you is inadmissable in court anyway, idiot.

enjoy your cell with bubba hopefully he is gentle.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Dec 6 2012, 08:15 AM) View Post

modding is not the legal issue here you were obviously caught with a substantial amount of modded consoles or copyrighted items such as copied games etc which you were illegally selling for your own profit.

average joes modding their xboxes for personal use dont get arrested and brought before courts.

suck it up and take it on the chin like a man, play with fire you will get burned.

anyone making a living out of stuff like this deserves to go down. it affects the industry and makes developers stop making awesome games, then we keep getting shite games like kinectimals and spylanders ffs.

if i were you id go find an actual lawyer to fight your case how fucking dumb is it to come onto an internet forum to ask for help. anything we tell you is inadmissable in court anyway, idiot.

AMEN.

I see idiots on CL selling games all the time, even worse I see modders offering 2 free games with every mod. Seems like every potential customer that calls me ask for free games and get's pissed when I tell them no.

That does 2 things.

1. Pisses me the hell off.

2. Takes business from me.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Dec 6 2012, 08:15 AM) View Post

It's a shame you don't understand the situation and immediately blame the guy with false accusations/assumptions yourself.

And if you were to read his post, he is asking for someone that could qualify as an expert witness for court, he's not going to say "Well, this guy, Gazc0igne, on this internet forum said that it was legal and cool, so yeah!" Do you even know what expert witness means? He is looking for leaders of the industry that have advanced knowledge (read: far above your DIY/tutorial reading self) to volunteer to help out another person in the field.