xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ball Park £ On Softmod Xbox 1 Console  (Read 246 times)

shambles1980

• Recovered User
Ball Park £ On Softmod Xbox 1 Console
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »

hello i want to know the ball park £ on a soft modded xbox 1.
Recently i have seen quite a few people try and then fail to softmod there boxes. So I want to know how viable would it be for me to softmod some.

If i would only break even then i doubt i would bother with it as the wife would not be so happy because she says "your always messing with those things"
If i could eek out a few £ by doing it maybe she would be happy.

Any way Lets say :

Xbox 1 (no idea what version lets say 1.6 as a worst case)
40gb hard disk.
softmoded with ndure 1.1.1 with shadow c: unleashx as dash with XBMC installed
splinter cell save files on disk.
splinter cell dvd.
256mb sd card with save exploits on the sd and a sd card reader that will work with usb contrioller mod.
1x controller with usb mod to accept sd card reader / usb devices  
xboxhdm upgrade cd with eeprom for the box ready to lock unlock drives.
power and av leads.
Included original 8gb hard disk for backup.
And i keep a copy of the eerom incase you go crazy?

or the same with 160gb hard disk.

Or alternativly No hdd upgrade and just softmoded with the 8gb stock drive. but still get all the rest of the stuff.

What would that be worth?
cost without shipping would be good i think i can get uk shipping reasonably cheap via courier and can be added to the value later.

This post has been edited by shambles1980: Jul 15 2011, 05:37 PM

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »

Guess il just have to try and see what happens lol..
I have a feeling that the wife is going to kill me biggrin.gif

Will take me about a week to get the stuff together, Il just make a 40Gb one 1st see how that goes. Maybe she wont fully kill me if it dosent sell where as 160gb would mean id die horribly lol.

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »

You can always look in to flashing the TSOP. To make the best money off them is to buy broken Xboxs and repair them.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »

I think you are about 6 years too late if you plan on this being a money making venture.  I think you will have a hard time even breaking even on the parts cost.  Unless the market is different where you are, around here it would be tough to find someone to even give that to.

Best of luck to you.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »

^ Agreed.
I still have a couple of the consoles sitting in storage because it's not worth my time to modify them & resell for profit.

There's just little to no profit there anymore.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

i sold one on a diferent forum friday. was a 1.4 softmoded added some led lights to it. It prety much paied for everything els i had bought including the xboxes.
having said that if i was charging my self for my labour id be having a huge loss now lol.

Seems i can eek out a few £ profit provided i get the parts for the correct price.

the box full of faulty xboxes i bought set me back bearlly more than the postage. (guy wanted them gone and didnt know what to do with them)
And they have set me up reasonably well.

Having said that they were missing some vital components and ive had to do some serious researching to get replacments at a cost effictive price,
also they came with no controllers or av / power cables. Controllers seem to be expensive to buy on there own so I am having to buy yet more xboxes that have controllers included in the bundel.

lucky enough i want to tsop the 1.1 box that i have for the downstairs media center, so i am going to use the dvd drive from that as one of the missing components for the final 1.0 box i repaired.
I have 5 more 40gb hard disks on the way. "dont ask me why i have 5 coming, as far as i can tell i only need 2"
and there should be 3 more controllers and 1 more xbox arriving soon.
Right now the worst i can do would be a small loss and end up with a house full of moded xboxes.
having said that i think i probably sold the box at below avarage price and still made a profit so i should be ok with the rest too.

I dont think its a long term venture lol.
When the controllers /power cables and av cables match up to the amount of working moded xboxes i have for sale. That will be the end of me buying the things.
Its just to much work sourcing the parts at a decent cost.  

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »

I always tried to sell the xboxs without the controllers and possibly AV cables included. By the time you figure in the cost of the extra controller and the added shipping cost then the buyer could come out cheaper just buying a controller on their own.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »

I may need to do that lol.
because today i went and bought 2 more xboxes. "i dont know what i was thinking"
But atleast one of them is crystal, and has the crystal controller.

Im still down 3 controllers 3 av cables and 3 power cables.
im all set for dvd drives and the hard disks are on the way The av cables i can get easy enough but these controllers are kicking my booty.
I may need to bite the bullet and pay more than i want too for them, But im not going to do that just yet biggrin.gif

caaraa

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »

Guess il just have to try and see what happens lol.
(IMG:http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/18.games.jpg)