xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ***read This! Don't Buy Gas On September 1st!  (Read 138 times)

powercntrl

• Archived User
***read This! Don't Buy Gas On September 1st!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 03:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(SICKdimension @ Sep 1 2005, 04:59 AM)
According to this chart, you pay over $5.00/gal. for Gatorade, and I don't hear anyone complaining.  tongue.gif

LANDON14

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(SICKdimension @ Sep 1 2005, 04:59 AM)
According to this chart, you pay over $5.00/gal. for Gatorade, and I don't hear anyone complaining.  tongue.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 07:53:00 AM »

plus noone NEEDS gatorade... and gas is pretty much a necessity for many people...

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

laugh.gif

mastersloth

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(powercntrl @ Sep 1 2005, 03:26 PM)
Actually, now that I think about it, you can buy powdered Gatorade and make your own.  Quick Google search reveals that a gallon of Gatorade powder is $1.49.

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

No $hit! Thats a good point Sick! I myself am going to fill up both vehicles today and a couple of 5gal containers!! laugh.gif

actually it was a pretty sucky point. you cant compare gatorade with a necessity. Do you go out and buy $50 worth of gatordae every 2 weeks for work? doubt it. i followed this little thing and didnt buy gas today but lol its because i have a full tank from 6 days ago! i havent driven my car anytime this week, only driving my mom to work in hers then dropping her off and goin to school from there  tongue.gif

Arjun

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(irishdrunk @ Aug 31 2005, 08:40 PM)
And Arjun....your family has 3 SUV's and two Mercedes??  Why you so active in the BST???  Can't you just get the Platinum Card?? tongue.gif

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »

Hehe. My gatorade comment really sparked some debates! My point was that gasoline is relatively, a pretty inexpensive liquid. The fact that we need 50 gallons of it a month, means they could be charging twice what it is now, and it would still sell, so be glad it costs what it does. It's supply and demand, and the demand is pretty steady, so they can really be charging more.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »

Stupid question, how much gas do you go through in a Europeian enviroment?
I know that I normaly burn through 3 to 4 tanks of gas a week because of my job. The job sights are between 25 and 50 miles(not round trip) apart(about 40 to 80) and I often have to make many trips each day. Then to add to this, most stores are in the next town about 25 miles away(not round trip). I drive a enconomy car, for my 15 gallion tank it used to run me about $27 currently it's about $50.
It's not realy the oil at this moment for the US, but the refineries. A lot of the gas refineries were/are where hurricane Katrina blew through. Even if the arab nations controling the world's primary oil supply sent every drop to the US today, it would take time for gas prices to change and there would still be gas shortages since there are not enough places that are undamaged in the US to convert the crude oil to useable gasoline.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

means they could be charging twice what it is now, and it would still sell,

They can charge as much as they want, people would still pay for it, and as long as they do gas prices will never go down.

They will never go down because gas companies realize that we WILL in fact pay $3 a gallon, so why let it go down? Are any of you going to stop buying gas when the war is over and the oil companies *reason* for having the prices be so high suddenly disolves?

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Sep 3 2005, 02:15 PM)
Are any of you going to stop buying gas when the war is over and the oil companies *reason* for having the prices be so high suddenly disolves?
Pages: 1 [2]