xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Samsung Drives  (Read 272 times)

digitalman42

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »

Also go to pricewatch.com you can get a 50 spindle of riteks for $50, $1.00 a DVD not $3.99

digitalman42

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

what it really means is I can spend 15 cents more per dvd and they read fine, and I can read +R you cant, and I saved $100.00

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

friends fighting? WTF I thought you guys were buddies.

Rollo

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »

digitalman42, did you know there is an "edit" button?

enigmatl

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Feb 22 2003, 05:57 AM)
friends fighting? WTF I thought you guys were buddies.

No not really fighting just tryin' to figure something out wheather the samsung which I have was worth the buy.  So far I think I'm happy with it and wanted to see what others thought and wheather the inability to read +r was a big deal or not.

Rollo

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2003, 10:32:00 PM »

just tryin' to figure something out wheather the samsung which I have was worth the buy

be happy, it rules!!

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2003, 11:08:00 PM »

I agree with rolo. I would like nothing better than to ditch my phillips drive for a samsung.

jimbob1188

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2003, 03:37:00 AM »

before the phillips pot tweak, the phillips was worthless, now im almost as happy with it as I would be a samsung, sure beats blowing $100.  I could care less about reading blank cd's, there too small anyways, I would rather have the ability to read +R, and I cant read memorex -RW, but I read +RW memorex fine.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Samsung Drives
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

The answer is yes because like you I own a Cendyne/Pioneer drive and could care less about having +r, why would I want +R when -R works so well.  As I said in my first post use what works.  You already have a pioneer A04 so why replace not only your DVD burner but your samsung as well.  I'm glad you got your friends phillips drive working with the pot tweak but several people have screwed up thier dvd drive in this process.  I don't know why you are using your friends sony when You pretty much have the setup to do it yourself. If you are able to get Princos to work on your Samsung (which from the sounds of things shouldn't be a problem) then you can laugh at your friend who is spending at least $2-$3 a disc on his +r media while you are doing it for $1 a disc or less. I have an untweaked phillips and it reads the two Princos I have done some of the time but sometimes I have to eject the disc turn it off, turn it back on and then put the disc back in.  I'm going to try other media like Ritek and fujifilm out pretty soon to see if I can't get them to work everytime.  Anybody else out there with an untweaked phillips recommend any DVD-R media for the Version 1.0 phillips?
Pages: 1 2 [3]