xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Buying A 360  (Read 280 times)

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« on: April 08, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

I have been contemplating buying a 360, but reading some reports and given the problems with the xbox in its initial manufacturing stages. Are all the 360 bugs worked out yet?

Or should I wait a little londer.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

Nope there gone. They are even putting the nice quiet Hiatchi drives in the new 360's.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

PrTv

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »

Nope there gone. They are even putting the nice quiet Hiatchi drives in the new 360's. smile.gif

Are you sure?

Since there is only one version of X360, which is 1.00.
I don't think major bug like blinking of dead or Lock-Up problem have beed fixed.

/me too really want to get it, but I better wait a little longer for newer revision to come out since X360 isn't official support in my country (thailand) there is no Official Distribution for it (yet), which mean I have to import it from Japan Singapore or Hongkong....... and I don't want to encounter any serious problem since RMA process is kind of difficult (have to ship if overseas to Japan).

CattyKid

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

I don't personally know anyone who has had any problem at all with it, and I know a few people with them (I have one as well).  Always reads my discs and has frozen ONCE, many months ago.  
Just remember, you tend to hear more about broken boxes than working boxes: the people with broken ones complain (for good reason, though).

I'd say go for it, if there is a problem then return it and get a new one.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

Once again CattyKid is spot on.  The product failure rate of the 360 is exceedingly low compared to other products.  The reason you hear so many stories of problems is that EVERYBODY who has a problem bitches publicly.
Have no fear.

Romps

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(ShadowElitePro @ Apr 9 2006, 02:22 AM) *

Nope there gone. They are even putting the nice quiet Hiatchi drives in the new 360's.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

They aint putting the nice quiet hiatchi drives in the latest built 360s
Its the quieter Toshiba-Samsung drives they are putting in

EDIT: forgot to answer question (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Dont worry about the bugs too much it dont matter when u buy a 360 if its gona have bugs its gona have bugs if u get a v1.0 or wait for a v1.1-v1.9 they will prolly still be units with bugs maybe not as many but they will be there.

It all depends on are u gona use the 360 is they any games u cant live without thats 360 only.

That should be what u thinking about not how many bugs u will have they is such thing as warrenty on the unit itself if u have bugs.

But its no good having a bug free 360 if u not gona use it.
As its gona be a long time or maybe never b4 u can run homebrew stuff...

This post has been edited by Romps: Apr 9 2006, 07:46 AM

Staple

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »

i havent had any of the issues with my xbox 360 that i have seen ppl post on the forums...

1 id ont move my console
1 it has plenty of air around it

jha'dhur

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

The firmware hack video that is all over the net as well as hear, has me foaming at the mouth. I was going to wait for PS3 debut, but after a long relationship with Sony, I am slowing becoming an MS convert.

But the bad consoles do overshadow the many good ones.

shinrob

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »

I am also looking into getting a 360 but not sure about overheating problems. I am reading about foil on heatsink, power supply's overheating, etc. I will probably be a moderate user since I am working all the time  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Is there any way of telling on the box which month it was manufactured? To determined which had foil or the PS problem. Before I atempt to open it to do any modding should I leave it on a few hours to see any reaction? I don't want to ship the system back to MS. I'd rather return it to Walmart. Finally I was wondering if I should get the Nyko Intros Xbox 360 Cooling Solution? Has anyone got this results?

TIA

s0ftm0d

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

As previously stated, only people with bad consoles bitch, you will hardly hear about people saying that they are working well but instead crying that they got a bad one.  I know many people that have one, myself in-cluded, and they all work great.  I still recommend getting the extended warranty only to return your 360 after the 2 years and get a brand new one.

Also about the foil, that was never a problem.  Anyone who had any knowledge about heat sinks know that foil is there for a purpose.

This post has been edited by s0ftm0d: May 21 2006, 08:02 PM

Bezro

• Archived User
Buying A 360
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

I recently got a new 360, and it had the freezing problem. However I rang up their technical help, and within a week it was all sorted and I had a nice working console  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . My advice would be to get one, if it's faulty then no worries, just ring them up and get it repaired/swapped.