xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wired Controlloers  (Read 320 times)

gazeddy

• Archived User
Wired Controlloers
« on: December 14, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

ive been looking at the 360 and am wondering where the wired controllers go into it as i cant see any controller "ports"

tnil

• Archived User
Wired Controlloers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(gazeddy @ Dec 14 2005, 02:56 PM) *

ive been looking at the 360 and am wondering where the wired controllers go into it as i cant see any controller "ports"

The wired controllers have usb ends that connect to one of the two usb ports on the front of the xbox.

gazeddy

• Archived User
Wired Controlloers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

So that is why m$ released a "360 style" controller for pc then

This post has been edited by gazeddy: Dec 14 2005, 11:31 PM

tnil

• Archived User
Wired Controlloers
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(gazeddy @ Dec 14 2005, 04:30 PM) *

So that is why m$ released a "360 style" controller for pc then

Yeah, the 360 wired controller is the one that works on the PC.  That's why the wired controller was on sale way before the xbox 360 was released...because they said it will work for the upcoming system, but you can use it as a PC controller until then.

I'm not sure if the wireless controller will work on the PC.  There is the play and charge kit that gives it the usb connector for recharging (I've heard it does recharge through the PC as well as the xbox); however, I haven't tried it to see if it works on a PC yet.

Terrier

• Archived User
Wired Controlloers
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »

The wired controllers do work on PC, I've tried it with my spare (no way was i forking out for a second wireless pad when it's not me that's using it!)

They also plug into a usb port on the front of the xbox which is hidden behind a little flap on the left hand side (although I suppose you could plug it in on the one at the back if you wanted.

The play and charge kit does not allow you to use the wireless controllers on PC - it simply acts as a USB charger and does not carry any signals from any of the pads buttons back to whatever it is connected to (when used with the 360 it is charging wired but still sending the signal wirelessly to enable play)