xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Quick Questions  (Read 362 times)

Cichlid_Guy

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« on: August 22, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

where are the controller ports on the 360?  Are they the 2 slots on the front(they look like memory card ports).   If I get one without a hard drive can I put my own in or does it have to be a special one?  Sorry if you dont know the answers, please dont flame me :lol: .

spawnofsatan

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

there are two usb ports in the bottom

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cichlid_Guy @ Aug 22 2005, 07:05 PM)
where are the controller ports on the 360?  Are they the 2 slots on the front(they look like memory card ports).   If I get one without a hard drive can I put my own in or does it have to be a special one?  Sorry if you dont know the answers, please dont flame me :lol: .

The Xbox360 doesn't have controller ports... It has 2 USB 2.0 ports behind a door on the bottom of the console (or right hand side if it's sitting horizontally). This will be used for the Wired controllers as well to connect other devices such as iPods or PSPs. The console also supports wireless controller (unlike current gen consoles the receivers don't need a port to plug into, they connect directly with the console)

You cannot use any hard drive (this excludes what we might be able to do once the console is hacked) you will be required to use an official MS Xbox360 hard drive.

I would recommend getting the $400USD package as even if you get the $300USD package you will still need to buy a $40 memory card to save your games.

Master X

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »

I think 2 USB ports isnt enough....

shawnlogic

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Aug 23 2005, 08:16 PM)
I think 2 USB ports isnt enough....

If it isn't enough, just add a USB Hub and you have more ports.

Cichlid_Guy

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »

I am not going to get the first version that comes out for these reasons:
a) Like the other systems it most likely will have bugs that need to be worked out
B) Like the first versions of Xbox it had more fans, maybe the 360 will have more fans(louder)
c) It will be cheaper after a couple of years, I dont get much money.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

Well according to MS the 360 will not only be quieter than the latest version of the current Xbox but it will also run cooler.

Also the first version of most consoles is usually the best to mod...

The V1.0 Xbox has a 1MB tsop that can be split and switched between two bioses... no other version has that...  the V1.0 also has much more shielding and noise cleansing devices than other versions.

The V1.6 is the biggest pain in th ass to mod... you can't use the pin header straight up, heck you can't even flash the TSOP, you only have 1 bios option for the modchips and lots of them have problems with the 1.6.

The First Gamecube Version has the best compatibility with modchips... the 2nd version has compatibility problems, and the third version doesn't have a Digital A/V port... again the first version was better.

The Dreamcast didn't need a modchip to run backups and homebrew but the later versions had protection against it... also past the first version they replaced the fuse in the controller port assembly that caused the ports to short out if you tried to use it with certain 3rd party controllers

The first Saturn version had a modchip built for it... the second version was never cracked... also the first version was much easier to do the swap trick.

The early PS1s had a serial port and you could easily use an external modchip that was removed in later versions, also the ability to do the swap trick with the PS1 was removed in later versions.

Cichlid_Guy

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »

Wow I guess I was wrong about the silence.  I might bet a 360 when it comes out but only because my Dads friend who can mod these systems is getting it then and if he can do his without killing it then most likely he can do mine.  How long do you think it will be before a modchip is made for the 360?

hugoboss1

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

iamwithstupid.gif

Juancster

• Archived User
2 Quick Questions
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

Im surely getting the first version. I got the XBOX on release, and have been a happy camper since. Never have had a problem, and modding was a breeze. Hmm you think you will be able to attach a USB Hub to one of the usb ports? I certainly hope this is possible, it would give us much more flexibility on what we are able to do.  :popcorn: