xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Web Browser  (Read 741 times)

mynuffinfutsitch

• Archived User
Web Browser
« on: July 20, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

will there be a web browser in the 360 media center thingy?

wolf202

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

i don't think so but if there was do u really want a xbox port of IE? i don't want spyware on my xbox lol!

-wolf

q3autraven

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 11:32:00 PM »

I know I few People that might buy a PS3 just for the web surfing because they can't afford a console and a computer, and since the x360 does not support web browsing(as of yet) they must choose the PS3. I think if M$ sees that they will lose customers to web browsing they will make a DL or a network disk with a browser on it. I really hope that m$ does not port IE. I need tabs damn it! Tabs! Not to mention the fact that IE has more holes in it than a target at the NRA gun range on machine gun day. biggrin.gif

wolf202

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(q3autraven @ Jul 21 2005, 12:43 AM)
I know I few People that might buy a PS3 just for the web surfing because they can't afford a console and a computer, and since the x360 does not support web browsing(as of yet) they must choose the PS3. I think if M$ sees that they will lose customers to web browsing they will make a DL or a network disk with a browser on it. I really hope that m$ does not port IE. I need tabs damn it! Tabs! Not to mention the fact that IE has more holes in it than a target at the NRA gun range on machine gun day. :D

IE 7 will have tabbed browsing

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/05/26/422103.aspx

(IMG:http://www.flexbeta.net/gsurface/longhorn_5203/lh4.jpg)

-wolf

Keva

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(wolf202 @ Jul 21 2005, 09:20 AM)

doesnt at all look like FF eh?  :rolleyes:

Xtrem

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

Hey Wolf Out Of Topic.... What Do You Think About Longhorn ¿ I Didn't Had the Chance To Try It.

wolf202

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »

wouldn't know thats a screenie off slashdot i'm getting it on the first public beta then i'll have some fun

-wolf

bucko

• Recovered User
Web Browser
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

Umm that is about the only new feature of IE7 and RSS support dry.gif. Cant we port that linksbook or whatever browser it's called for the xbox and use it with xbox 360 compatibilty mode? Obviously we can't try it until its out tongue.gif

unknown_sidhu

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

I doubt that web browsing on a 360 will be that big of a deal, though it would be nice to have. Just as long as the 360 doesnt fall behind ps3  tongue.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Well if ps3 has it, it's a big hit on xbox360 publically.

Man 1:"Xbox360 owns your ps3!!!"

Man 2:"Can you surf the web on your xbox360? No, didn't think so."

I still feel as if this is going to be Sonys last console. Trying to put all this into a console, er, I mean entertainment computer, just won't work for the masses. PAying 500 bucks for a videogame system? Wait, it's not a videogame system, its a computer that plays games, wait, but a limited amount of games. How can it compete with atrue gaming console such as the Xbox360 when it isn't even a true gaming console?

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Jul 27 2005, 11:20 AM)
I still feel as if this is going to be Sonys last console. Trying to put all this into a console, er, I mean entertainment computer, just won't work for the masses. PAying 500 bucks for a videogame system? Wait, it's not a videogame system, its a computer that plays games, wait, but a limited amount of games. How can it compete with atrue gaming console such as the Xbox360 when it isn't even a true gaming console?

i disagree with u.  i don't hink this will (by any means be sony's last console.  i do think it was a mistake to put it out later than the xbox360, and to price it higher, but it does have its advantages.  the xbox360 has far less conectivity than the ps3 so that wll play in later in the cosoles life.  also since its a blueray player i think a lot of ppl will buy it for there kids and themselve or (since blueray players are so expensive) just get the ps3 and also play games.  1 of 3 things, in my opinon, will happen. 1) the ps3 and xbox share market share 50/50, modding, price, and halo ( :) ) drive xbox sales, and blue ray and conectivity drive ps3 (maybe killzone, some buy both some buy 1 or the other.  2) Price and lateness drive sony market share to =<25% and then with the ps4 sony corrects its mistakes and makes a system that is cheaper and has less feature/bleeding edge stuff.
3) It all bought wal-mart, cheap generic (wal-mart) hd tv's drive middle america to get ps's, not to mention if it has web browsing and other pc like features.  ps3 maintains dominance with a 60-65/40-35% market share.

it basically all comes down to how sony implements stuff.  they always promise a lot of shit but if they implemt it right and streaming cntent and web browisng takes hold then they will win (just think that most americas only have dial-up so think what a all in one system would do to them).  it definatly is a risk but sony may win. they made the weird discion to make the console full of features and help sony as a whole.  think, the ps3 will help launch blueray and hd tvs (and what do u know sony makes those).  MS did something smart for them, simpple yet powerful, good at games but not much else.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

Um, what makes you think the Xbox360 is going to be done the exact same way as Xbox? you obviously don't know anything about Xbox360.
Halo won't be hat drives the console. It will help, but there will be MANY games which will also drive the console.
This isn't xbox1.
Go and research a little more about what you talk about.  wink.gif

What makes you think, of all things, that killzone will be ps3s game? Consoles don't hav to have 1 game that everyone has to buy, buddy. That is mostly how xbox1 was with alot of people, but please read a bit more.  dry.gif
And what do cheap hdtvs have to do with assisting ps3s sales?????

Modding will still be big with xbox360, the price will be comfy, but 'Hal0" will not be the point of getting an xbox360.
You are obviously immature in the sense that you still label consoles by their best game, like PS2 is if you like sports games while Xbox is good if you want action games. Ps2 is good if you like gta, Xbox is good if you like Halo. Like, shut up dude. No one game is going to be a hit or miss on the consoles sucess. Even if Halo3 is a huge failure, people won't throw away their xbox360s. they will buy Gears of war, Huxley, Ut2007, Prey, PerfectDarkZero, etc etc if they want shooters.

The ONLY thing I agree with in your statement is the bluray. My dad wanted to buy us a ps3 because it will have a blu ray player in it. Then I said fuck no. It will appeal to many people, but I know sony and goddamnit are their games boring as hell. MSs developers' games and Sonys developers' exclusive games are like day and night to me. Halo comes out, so sony brings out the p.o.s. which is Killzone saying it is a halo killer. EVERY GAME RELEASE FOR THE PS2 involving guns have been listed  HALO KILLERS. Sony fans so deeply want a halo killer. But they hate halo. Tetris should be a halo killer to them since Halo is a pile of junk to them. They should compare their 'superior' ps2 exclusive games to other games which they think are good, such as HL2 and doom. but omg no way, they are on XBOX as well!!1!

pop.gif

wolf202

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »

all i can say is ie7 sux

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/wolf202/ie7.jpg

-wolf

This post has been edited by wolf202: Jul 28 2005, 04:38 AM

spyman

• Archived User
Web Browser
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

yep the experimental ie 7 is really annoying i got rid of it and went back to ff & ie6

i hope they fix up the official release of ie 7.

anyways web browsing is a cool feature to have on any console etc, especially if its going to have wireless capabilities.  you can use it for everything biggrin.gif

Moleman

• Recovered User
Web Browser
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm running a dual boot of Vista and XP, and it's gotten to where I use Vista and IE7 exclusively to browse the internet.  I only use XP for games and the occasional torrent.  IE7 owns.
Pages: [1] 2