xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Red Lights  (Read 901 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« on: November 03, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »

Jtagging of any style won't work on a console with that high of Dashboard.  Security has been built into the various Dashboard updates to prevent jtag.  Consoles have to be real early to catch the jtag.

There are guides out there that let you know what CB and Dashboards can still be jtagged.  You are out of luck with jtag for 16203

An RGH method has to be use to exploit a Nand with this high of Dash.  You will probably need to use the R-Jtag kit by Team Xecuter.

Ditch the LPT cable.  Way old school method.  Can be buggy too.

The R-jtag kit will come with a JR-P v2 programmer.  Real nice - works great.

Use J-runner  ... the build designed for r-jtag.  Its build number is above 289.

Now - write your original Nand dump back to your Falcon.  Remove all the jtag wiring.

Review the R-jtag tutorials closely.  Then start over

astrah

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:00:00 AM »

and that's why I'm in the noob forum lol.

Thanks very much for your reply and advice. Funny thing is, I was looking at the ultimate kit before deciding to JTAG, I must have misread somewhere thinking that the dash version I had was OK to JTAG.

The problem I have now though is that when I try to write my nand back to my xbox it throws out loads of programming errors. I compared the 2 nand dumps I have and both are identical.  

I use Nandpro30, would using an earlier version make any difference?

Thanks again for your time.

wilgo45

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:00 PM »

Hopefully your original Nand dumps are clean.  Not jacked up by creating and writing ECC.

But seeing as how you did a wrongful jtag - that might be the case.

What I would do personally:  Check on the secondary code to the 3 rrod.  Upload J-runner to the PC - at least 289 build.
Get a Nandx device or JR-p made by TX

Write the original Nand dump back using the Nandx.

Seeing as how this jtag was way too late for install  ..... did you ever have Xell boot up onscreen and reveal your keys ?   -  Wouldn't think so

Having the Cpu key is crucial for completing Nand exploit.  That's where the wall hit you

astrah

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »

Live and learn as they say.

Wrote back my nand with no errors this time using an earlier version of nandpro. Desoldered everything, checked to make sure there were no solder splashed etc but now the box is dead! No power what so ever, I even tried my sons power supply but nothing, dead as a dodo lol. At least i still have my slim, that'll teach me for getting bored.

wilgo45

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »

No power or no boot up ?  There is a strong difference between those two.

You would not have been able to re-write to the Nand without power.  The 3.3 volt and 5v would have been there.

astrah

• Archived User
3 Red Lights
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »

Sorry, should have been a bit more specific. No power, wrote the nand ok then unplugged, put board back in cage, added some screws plugged back in and nothing, I'm assuming it's shorted somewhere. I've been looking over the board and can't see any obvious signs. Also checked where I had originally soldered and there is definitely no solder run.

Where would I check on the board to see if it has power going to it