xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help - Need Advice Modding  (Read 428 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Please Help - Need Advice Modding
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »

You're gonna need extra kits for this model.  And the ability to solder well.

The console model is probably the Corona version 4.  On these models, MS has developed further encryption to keep basic drive flashing down.

The Nand has to be dumped and Xell loaded to get the keys.  Its pretty much RGH'ing a console without creating or writing an image.

You need: a Read/Write kit for a Corona, a Post Fix Adapter, the J-runner App (build 289), and either a DGX or CoolRunner glitch board.

And you will also need either a LTU or LTU 2 board.  So yeah - this process costs more for this model.  But, its worth it.  Oh- you will also need the appropriate version of JungleFlasher too.

Good soldering skills are vital.  Kits can be found at Xconsoles.  I recommend only Team Xecuter products.  They are the most reliable.  Plus they have all the tutorials online.

old_as_dirt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »

WILGO-45 ........THANKS SO VERY MUCH for your reply. I was a plumber so I can solder well. Remember me please in case I have any more questions and bless you for reading newbe post and providing your experience to us clueless others.
old_as_Dirt

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(old_as_dirt @ Nov 2 2013, 07:51 PM) View Post

WILGO-45 ........THANKS SO VERY MUCH for your reply. I was a plumber so I can solder well. Remember me please in case I have any more questions and bless you for reading newbe post and providing your experience to us clueless others.
old_as_Dirt

That's funny - I do heating, cooling and plumbing work too.  And do electronics work on the side.

Electronic soldering is a little different from sweating copper.  Uses a different flux.  60/40 ... tin/ lead solder is best.  I might use a .032 diameter rosin core.  Good quality irons are very important.  A $15 dollar - 25 watt iron is not good enough.

Don't use anything from the plumbing category.  Most of that is too dense - and acid base.

Tip styles are very important too.

So - you posted a new topic - that it was urgent to get a hold of me.  What's up?

I've done repairs and mods for more than several Xbox Scene members.  You can read comments here.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740159

So - how can I help?