xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Use These Items For Flashing My Slim Lite-on  (Read 415 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Can I Use These Items For Flashing My Slim Lite-on
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »

hey

You are kind of mixing and matching some things that don't quite pair together.

First - what model of dvd drive do you have?  LiteON 16d4 or 16d5  .... or a Hitachi ?

If it is Liteon 16d4  ... from there you need to determine if it is MXIC or Winbond style.  Winbond is the only style that uses the Kamikaze tool.  And Kamikaze takes a practiced hand.  If you have never done any delicate soldering - then you are not ready for that tool.

MXIC uses a different tool hack method.  But both can use the replacement write able pcb.

If you have the Liteon 16d5 or the Hitachi - then that's a whole different ball of wax.  You will have to Nand dump and partially RGH the console.

So if you have a 16d5 - you need to know the model style of your console motherboard.

A good basic flashing tool to have is the X360 USB pro version 2.  Great tool.  An all in one.

Give me some exact info  .... and I will get back to you.

You can also go to Team Xecuter to look over various tutorials.  You might get mixed up - so be careful

stubbycascade

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »

i have a LITE-ON Dg16d4s

WinBond

Trinity motherboard

Thank you for the response i thought no body was going to reply.

stubbycascade

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

Where is the cheapest place i can get a x360 usb pro v2 from?

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(stubbycascade @ Nov 3 2013, 05:06 PM) View Post

Where is the cheapest place i can get a x360 usb pro v2 from?

OK - Trinity & Liteon 16d4 - winbond

For this 16d4 and JungleFlasher use, you're probably gonna need that x360 usb pro 2.  If your computer's motherboard has a Sata port - you might be able to interface that way, with spending no money.  But you will still need to power the drive correctly.

The x360 usb pro2 handles interfacing and powering the drive.  Plus the drive has some other bonus features.

Winbond can be Kamikazed.  But it takes patience and a delicate touch. FIRST - using JungleFlasher, get a Dummy bin read of the drive.  And be sure to save it in a desktop folder. That is all the identify info of the drive.  If things go badly; you still have a salvation route.

Very Important - get that Dummy bin and DriveKey first.  Don't do anything else before that.

The other option with Winbond is using a replacement pcb built by TX.

Now - go to Team Xecuter and review the tutorials on Drive flashing for 16d4.  Or review the pdf files in the JungleFlasher App itself.  It is step by step.  If you have a phat 360 drive just lying around; practice with that just getting used to JungleFlasher.

Getting a USB pro2:  Xconsoles, Modchipcentral - maybe used on Ebay or this very site.  Guess you could check Amazon too.

stubbycascade

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »

I was reading your response and saw that i might be able to use my pc`s SATA port. would this work i have a
Gateway gt5656 with a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 processor. Im going to upload some pics of the pc motherboard. Please tell me if this way will work

http://i826.photobuc...zps30546024.jpg

http://i826.photobuc...zps11c582bb.jpg

http://i826.photobuc...zps931a7039.jpg

These are all different photos

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(stubbycascade @ Nov 4 2013, 04:47 PM) View Post

I was reading your response and saw that i might be able to use my pc`s SATA port. would this work i have a
Gateway gt5656 with a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 processor. Im going to upload some pics of the pc motherboard. Please tell me if this way will work

I don't know if your Sata ports will work perfectly for interfacing with JungleFlasher and the 360 dvd drive.  Its worth a try.  You might have to change some settings - but I don't have exact details on that.

I use my available Sata ports for things sometimes - and have no issues.  But I've not used them directly while using JungleFlasher.

One of the challenges with LiteOn 16d4's is the Spi Lock.  TX references that some chipsets might not work using the Sata route.  And why they say the x360 usb pro 2 is essential.

But try it  .... see what results you get.

The other thing is powering the drive while flashing it.  A Sata port won't power.  You need either a 360 usb pro 2, or CK3 ... or some other kind of adapter.  I do not recommend using the console to power the drive.  Some people have had unfortunate incidents doing that.

Go to Team Xecuter dot com  .... browse their tutorials closely.  There is info everywhere.  Those boxed and colored sections have some real precise insight.