xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New To Rgh (modding In General)  (Read 245 times)

daretogo

• Archived User
New To Rgh (modding In General)
« on: October 15, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(bhdevault @ Oct 11 2013, 05:28 AM) View Post

I recently bought a RGH'd Xbox with a 500 gig external Hard Drive loaded with backups of the games.

Some of my backups on my hard drive give a dirty disk error when playing them while some do not.  Their obviously isn't even a disk IN the system as they are all stored on the hard drive.

I recently added some more backups (NCAA 14, Madden 25) and last night for the first time in the middle of my dynasty game I got the same error.  Bad disk or whatever.

So my question is.  Is this the fault of the hardware or is it my backup of the game?  Should I make new backups of ALL the games that give me this error?  Some games seem to work fine, while others give this error every so often.

Lastly, what IS the lowest risk way of getting these games ONTO the system?  I've tried several different way.  I hooked up my XBOX directly to my network and FTP'd games with Filezilla after Exporting the ISO with Xbox Backup Creator.

I've also used EXO-ISO GUI which did all of that for me.  I have yet to try the ISO2GOD way yet.

I currently use Freestyle dash 3 to play my backups.

Thanks so much for your help.

If you ripped the backups yourself, I'd take a look at your ripping process if you're getting "dirty disc" type errors while reading from a hard drive.  Might also be worth taking one of the games that gives the error and copying the game to another USB device and playing it from that to eliminate the HDD itself as the source of the errors.

As long as you are running dashlaunch with the xbox live blockers enabled (default) then FTP'ing over to the console is "low risk - that's how I do it unless I'm using a USB hard drive in which case its faster to transfer directly via USB.