xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spoofing  (Read 732 times)

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:16:00 AM »

can i replace a dg16d2s with any drive.... my 16d2s is dead, even tried a new laser, i have a hitachi 59dj can i use that and still be safe on live

This post has been edited by del72: Yesterday, 01:18 PM

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:11:00 AM »

all the mechanical bits of the liteon drive seem to work fine so would changing the pcb be a viaible option

Aldanga

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »

Swapping out the PCB is an option, yes. Spoofing is not anymore.

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

thanks ,,i tried a new laser and even pot tweaked it down as far as  2.80 oms but still no joy , would you  its better to replace the whole drive or would you try a new pcb first

wilgo45

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:08:00 AM »

Sell the Hitachi 59.  Get another Lite On 16d2 - and assign the Drive Key.

I think you could assign the Drive Key to the Hitachi.  It just wouldn't be Live safe.  So playing games offline with the Hitachi

Aldanga

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »

If you're replacing the whole drive, you're gonna have to reflash the DVD key. If you're just switching the PCB to a working drive, there's much less work.

This post has been edited by Aldanga: Yesterday, 06:15 PM

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:11:00 AM »

sorry , what i mean is would a new pcb for the drive i have work  ( i know i will have to put the key on it)or should i replace the whole drive,

This post has been edited by del72: Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Aldanga

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »

Why would replacing the PCB fix the hardware problem?

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 11:58:00 AM »

i just taught as the problem isnt the laser  it might  be a problem with the pcb as all the drives mechicial parts seem to work fine

wilgo45

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »

What is the precise issue you are having with the Lite On dvd drive ?

That might help us to provide you with the best fix option.

What is your console model?

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 09:59:00 AM »

the drive just wont read games anymore  ,i tried new lasers and tried pot tweaking them ,ive even put in a laser that i know works(from my own xbox)and it still wont read,its a old phat xbox mfr date 2009-02-11, ive seen new pcb for them for sale on ebay so i taught  maybe the pcb can fail  ,but im only guessing

wilgo45

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »

After a game disc is placed in the drive ... does it say Open Tray or Unrecognized Disc onscreen?

Open Tray is generally an issue with the Optic.  Unrecognized - is usually another issue.

So you know - there are a bunch of crap optics out there.  Unreliable vendors

Your console is either a Falcon or a Jasper.

There are a lot of variables here.  You might be getting bad optics.  You might be getting incorrect optics.  You might have a Firmware misalignment base on the console's Dashboard.  You might be reading and flashing the dvd drives incorrectly.  Maybe not getting a proper Outro.

Have you been using JungleFlasher?

del72

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »

i flashed this xbox ages ago and its been working fine, i understand what what your saying about bad optics,but ive even tried working lasers in it and it still wont read  ,all i get from this drive is open tray message ,but like i said ive tried new lasers and even pot tweaked them ,ive even put bthe lasers out of other working dg16d2s drives into it and still get open tray message

1hotjob

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »

Have you tried flashing a working Lite-On drive and putting it in this Xbox?

Restoring the bad drive to stock to see if it will play originals?

wilgo45

• Archived User
Spoofing
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(del72 @ Oct 7 2013, 03:43 AM) View Post

i flashed this xbox ages ago and its been working fine, i understand what what your saying about bad optics,but ive even tried working lasers in it and it still wont read  ,all i get from this drive is open tray message ,but like i said ive tried new lasers and even pot tweaked them ,ive even put bthe lasers out of other working dg16d2s drives into it and still get open tray message

You said ages ago  ....

Out of date, incompatible firmware could be your issue.  If you are using like Ixtreme 1.91 - that could be the problem.

Flash the drive back to stock for the correct corresponding Dashboard version to your console.  See where that puts you in functionality.  Custom firmware comes later.  Use LT 3.0

What dvd drive board mod did you do for this LiteOn?  The simple probe of MXP01 ... or cutting traces.  The cut and patched traces could be a problem
Pages: [1] 2