xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Used Jasper Xbox 360 - Options I Have To Run Homebrew/backups?  (Read 341 times)

riahc3

• Archived User
Used Jasper Xbox 360 - Options I Have To Run Homebrew/backups?
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »

Hello

Im getting a Jasper Xbox 360 used and Im wondering what options I have to run homebrew and backups. Id like the easiest thing possible and if not solder is required, even better! But I imagine soldering WILL be required so sad.gif

What guides are out there? I have experience with the original Xbox but perfer like I said the easiest and simple....

Thank you

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

Homebrew: RGH and its variants.
Backups: optical disc drive emulator (ODDE) like xk3y, Wasabi 360, etc., or custom firmware.

As for a beginner's guide: RGH Roadmap for Newbs @ Team-Xecuter forums.

riahc3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »

Ive seen the Xecuter Coolrunner which looks good and good price.

The problem is that ive read about "dual NANDs" which is like having two Xbox 360 consoles, one for safe online usage and another for offline usage with backups. I dont think the Coolrunner has this.

Which chip is recommended with this dual NAND for the Xbox 360 Jasper?

riahc3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:05:00 AM »

Ive read a bit more and it says that for Jasper, Xecuter R-JTAG Ultimate Kit v1.1 is better.

Is to better but harder or irrelevent?

daretogo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Oct 3 2013, 05:12 PM) View Post

Hello

Im getting a Jasper Xbox 360 used and Im wondering what options I have to run homebrew and backups. Id like the easiest thing possible and if not solder is required, even better! But I imagine soldering WILL be required so sad.gif

What guides are out there? I have experience with the original Xbox but perfer like I said the easiest and simple....

Thank you

Soldering would absolutely be required for Homebrew, but not for backups.   A Coolrunner would work fine if you are on dash 14699 or below and can use RGH1, but if you are over 14699 which would require RGH2 then I would strongly suggest an R-JTAG setup.  

DualNanding can absolutely be done, a Demon chip from TX in addition to your R-JTAG would be the way to go.  If you are on dash 14699 or below, make it an offline only RGH box and stick with RGH1 since you'd have to update and use RJTAG in order to dual nand and go online.

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 03:31:00 AM »

I've been away for a while too.
So if I have a jtagged older Phat, and want to update to the latest dash, can I do that or do I have to R-Jtag and buy more stuff?

daretogo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Oct 17 2013, 03:31 AM) View Post

I've been away for a while too.
So if I have a jtagged older Phat, and want to update to the latest dash, can I do that or do I have to R-Jtag and buy more stuff?

If the JTAG is functional as is, then you wouldn't need to purchase anything in order to update the dash.  Just download Jrunner, thow in a copy of your nand with CPU key, then build an updated image and flash back via Xell.