xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rgh And Lt+  (Read 289 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« on: September 21, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »

1. They're for different dash versions/CB configs. You'll only meet the criteria for one. Nothing to worry about.
2. She's probably referring to the "R-JTAG", though you'd need to clarify with her.
3. What is DOK? I'm not familiar with the acronym.
4. 13599 was the last dash to do DVD-ROM flashes. (At least as far as I recall. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) You should be fine. If no official update is applied (only a hacked dash that's 13599+), you don't have to worry about the DVD-ROM getting flashed to stock.

Omga4000

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Sep 21 2013, 10:17 PM) View Post

1. They're for different dash versions/CB configs. You'll only meet the criteria for one. Nothing to worry about.
2. She's probably referring to the "R-JTAG", though you'd need to clarify with her.
3. What is DOK? I'm not familiar with the acronym.
4. 13599 was the last dash to do DVD-ROM flashes. (At least as far as I recall. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) You should be fine. If no official update is applied (only a hacked dash that's 13599+), you don't have to worry about the DVD-ROM getting flashed to stock.

A DOK is a shortcut for Disk on Key. You probably know it as a USB flash drive.
QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Sep 21 2013, 10:30 PM) View Post

1) depending if console is a phat or slim, for a phat RGH1 can give better boot times and be more stable then a RGH2. For slims there is not reallt a  RGH1 or RGH2 there is only RGH.

2) I would ask what she is talking about cause Ido not think I have ever heard of a RGH3, Unless you have a slim and thats how she is referring for the RGH methond it requires.

3-4) If you are thinking of getting your console modded never update it let the person doing the mod do that. Once the RGH is done depending on the drive version it pretty easy to update the firmware on the drive.

3-4) Not modding it, just applying and new LT+ hack. I have LT+ 1.91 and I want to update to LT+ 3.0.
I want the person at the store to only install the RGH hack for me. Once I get my RGH, can i flash LT+ 3.0 by
simply using a DOK or do I have to take the XboX apart, connect to the pc etc..?

Thank you guys smile.gif

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »

Interesting about DOK. Seems like a relatively obscure term.

Last I heard, there is no support on hacked system for updating DVD-ROM firmware via USB. Although some have speculated that it's theoretically possible, there is no software that allows it. You'll need to use a conventional method for flashing the firmware.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Jungle Flasher is your best bet. Download here. Looks like the tutorial link is broken right now, so check here for some guides on using Jungle Flasher.

Note: if you're going to use the guides exactly, you'll need a X360USB Pro, which runs around $50 USD. There are other options, such as integrated SATA controllers and add-on SATA cards, but those are hit-and-miss. If you don't want to make a purchase initially, you can take a shot with that.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

Using the 360 to power the DVD-ROM is not an automatic ban. Whoever said that didn't know what they're talking about.

You'll need to either have a SATA port on your PC motherboard or a PCI expansion slot where you can put a SATA card. Most people recommend a VIA chipset, but, like I said, it's hit-and-miss. Either your PC will recognize your drive or it won't.

Using a laptop in this manner isn't supported. If you just have a laptop, you'll need something like the X360USB Pro.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »

It's reasonably safe, though we can offer no guarantees. Plenty of people have flashed drives like that for years, but modifying a console is always AYOR.

Yes, just use the SATA cable. Plug in the drive, power on the 360, then power on the PC. If it shows up in Jungle Flasher, you should be good to go. Getting it recognized might take some variation in method (power up 360 after PC, starting JF before or after drive power-on, or any combination of methods), so you're going to have to just try it and see what works.

VIA is a chip manufacturer. Traditionally, SATA cards with VIA 6421 chipsets are very good with allowing drives to be recognized and flashed, but, like I said, sometimes it's hit-and-miss and the drive just doesn't want to be recognized.

Aldanga

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »

Doesn't matter.

DVD-ROM firmware is for playing backups burned to disc. With an exploited console, you can transfer games to the internal hard drive or an external hard drive and play them from that. I don't think many people use the DVD-ROM on their exploited consoles; the same will likely be true with you, so updating the firmware is likely a moot point.

Omga4000

• Archived User
Rgh And Lt+
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »

Hey guys smile.gif

Just wanted to update you that I've taken my XboX to the store and they've hacked my XboX to RGH.
He also asked for just 15$ for the LT+ 3.0 so I gave it to him..
IPB Image

Thank you very much for your help! smile.gif
Omga4000.