xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Are My Options For This 360 Slim ?  (Read 544 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
What Are My Options For This 360 Slim ?
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »

Given that Slim

You're gonna have to rgh it.  ( Reset Glitch Hack)  ... use only Team Xecuter products.

Your Slim is most likely the Corona motherboard.  Those take a little extra work.  You've got a small project there.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(aneng @ Sep 18 2013, 07:39 PM) View Post

Hi,

I've got a 360 Slim that I want to play, er.. backups on.  I'm not fussed about which mod I use, or whether I have to burn a DVD or not.  All I want is the cheapest option to play backups.

My 360 is pretty new - manufactured in 2012.  The DVD drive is a Lite-on DG-16D5S with the 1532 firmware.

From what I've read, it looks like I will need at least a new PCB for the drive and flash it with modified firmware.

I'm fairly good technically, but trying to dig through page after page after page of information on different sites, a lot of it out of date, is getting very confusing to the point that I'm contemplating sending it to someone else to do.  I'd rather not spend the extra but, if the extra is only going to be thirty quid or so to give me peace of mind that it won't be bricked, then it'll be worth it.  If the extra turns out to be more like fifty quid, I'd rather have a go at it myself.

Could anyone help me with what options I have for this box please ?

Many thanks !

Sorry to say but you won't be able to do that with the new slim.

Where ever you read this from isn't 100% correct at all.

The key in the new slims are not extractable any more from actual dvd drive (optical drive).

In order to extract the key and flash the firmware you will have to RGH2 your console. Which means throwing money and buying extra hardware to do this.

There is no real "cheap" solution on this one. Want a cheap solution buy an old xbox 360 fat (the white old looking one)  

There is alot of confusing information

the simpler way to sort through is to determine your board type.

to do this you have to find a few information.

year of model - you already know 2012

Dvd model -  Lite-on DG-16D5S

Dvd firmware - 1532

board type - ?

(find board type look at the back of the shell and look for ampere (amp))

IPB Image

Last question is your console a 4gb? (which means it has 4gb internal storage space)

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »

Hi,  Sorry for the delay !

I've checked and mine must have the Corona board as it says 9.6A.  Mine is also a 250GB model.

Is it really going to be cheaper to buy another Xbox than get mine...er.... modified ?

Thanks for your help mate.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(aneng @ Sep 22 2013, 11:09 AM) View Post

Hi,  Sorry for the delay !

I've checked and mine must have the Corona board as it says 9.6A.  Mine is also a 250GB model.

Is it really going to be cheaper to buy another Xbox than get mine...er.... modified ?

Thanks for your help mate.

well that determines.

How good are you at soldering?

You will need to buy 3 or 4 parts to RGH your corona.

If you are not confident in soldering or doing the work (which does require patience and effort) then you can look around for someone to do the job for you.

if you do not want to do either then trade it in for an old phat. it simply solves your problems quicker.

its either way it all cost $

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »

I'm very good at soldering.  I can do surface mount stuff too if it's not too tiny.

What parts will I need ?  Is there a guide you know of somewhere ?

Once I know which parts I need, I can cost them up and see if it's worth doing vs getting an old fat box instead.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(aneng @ Sep 22 2013, 03:08 PM) View Post

I'm very good at soldering.  I can do surface mount stuff too if it's not too tiny.

What parts will I need ?  Is there a guide you know of somewhere ?

Once I know which parts I need, I can cost them up and see if it's worth doing vs getting an old fat box instead.

Ok good,

In order to determine and narrow down parts, here is an image

IPB Image

This will narrow down the tools more specifically by knowing board version.  

There are several guides and video's that will help you. Just google or youtube "RGH corona v_" ((v_<- board version))

Generally you need this as a main tool:

Jr - Programmer  or   NANDx  ((My opinion working with both, Work the same,  difference its just a matter of preference))

Jrunner (free to download)  ((get the latest version))

Let me know what board version and I will make a real list.

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 01:31:00 AM »

Huge thanks for your help dude....  it's very kind of you to spoon-feed me like this, and it's very much appreciated.

I'll check out the Nand version later when I get home from work.  Meantime, I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I have no interest in Xbox Live, so getting banned from that is of no concern at all.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(aneng @ Sep 23 2013, 03:31 AM) View Post

Huge thanks for your help dude....  it's very kind of you to spoon-feed me like this, and it's very much appreciated.

I'll check out the Nand version later when I get home from work.  Meantime, I don't know if this makes any difference or not, but I have no interest in Xbox Live, so getting banned from that is of no concern at all.

It is no problem.

That is fine you can RGH is just like jtag you can extract the key and install freeboot since you really do not care to be online.

there are a lot of benefit to freeboot. Draw back is not being able to be on live

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »

Hi... back again !  Sorry for the delay - work has been crazy this week.  I finally got the time to open the Xbox again and here is a photo of my NAND.

Which version is mine ?  It looks like the Corona V1, but I'm not the expert here ! :-)

Edit:  It might also be V3 !

IPB Image

IPB Image

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »

Okie good your NAND is a 16byte if it is a v3 here is an image to help you figure out the post out.

IPB Image

this is how the post out fix looks like

IPB Image

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

Sorry... what am I looking at ?  I can't see any difference in the two pics !  What is a 'post out' and how is it missing in the second image ?

What's that adaptor plate thing for ?

Edit: I'm googling now !

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »

Do I have to remove the CPU heatsink in order to see whether the POST OUT tracks are present?  Does it make much difference to the type of mod whether POST OUT is available?

At this stage, all I'm trying to do is get a reasonably accurate idea of the total cost.

pepito01226

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(aneng @ Sep 30 2013, 10:25 AM) View Post

Do I have to remove the CPU heat sink in order to see whether the POST OUT tracks are present?  Does it make much difference to the type of mod whether POST OUT is available?

At this stage, all I'm trying to do is get a reasonably accurate idea of the total cost.

Yes you will have to. The post_out fix is necessary for the hack to work.

Since your's is a version 3 the post_out is not present. To make sure of that you will have to take the heat sink off the CPU/GPU. You look for the track in the spot where the arrow is pointing at in the image in the last post.

Either way you will have to take off the heat sink to place the post_out fix. Once it is on use point 1 on the post out fix.

Before turning on the console have the heat sink back on. It is very important to put a fresh layer of thermal grease and the heat sink back on before you turn on your console. I don't have explain what happens if you don't

Post_out fix will be just under $10

thermal grease a small syringe will cost under $7

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »

I've got loads of heatsink paste (I'm a server & network engineer) !

So, could you run me through the basics of what is needed here please ?  I need the POST adaptor clamp thing to get a POST OUT signal from the CPU to trigger the RGH mod - right ?  The RGH mod is on its own small PCB or something right ?  Do I also need a new PCB for the DVD drive ?

My parts list would look like;

Post-Out adaptor
RGH circuit
PCB for the DVD drive

?

...and this will allow me to play er.. backups of my games that I will have to burn onto DL DVDs first ?  It won't allow me to copy ISO images direct to the hard disk and just play them without a DVD ?

Which bits have I got wrong ? :-)

aneng

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »

Cool.  I can indeed take it from here.  Thanks again for you kind assistance mate.
Pages: [1] 2