xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Key For Hitachi Dl10n  (Read 322 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Dvd Key For Hitachi Dl10n
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »

I might be able to help you on the physical repair.

It would be my attempt to solder in a new header connector.  But first, could you post some pics?

I have done repair jobs for many xbox scene members.  Here's a link to my repair service thread.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740159

Syrup

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Sep 5 2013, 11:33 PM) View Post

I might be able to help you on the physical repair.

It would be my attempt to solder in a new header connector.  But first, could you post some pics?

I have done repair jobs for many xbox scene members.  Here's a link to my repair service thread.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740159

Any suggestions on how I could fix this myself?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »

Well if you damaged the hitachi PCB and need to replace it

You have to RGH to get the key, then you can get the new xecuter PCB so you can write the key.

The PCB you bought on ebay, if they are just DL10N PCB, then you wasted money.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

The picture is good enough.  I see the missing site on the Cap.  But you say the picture isn't currently accurate because the power plug in header is gone now.  Is that right?

I'd like an image of that - if you have time.  Want to see how bad the trace leads are damaged from the header.

Portions of the repair would involve exposing fresh trace lines and adding jumpers to connect necessary sites.

A skilled hand will be necessary to make the repairs.  If you are new to soldering - then you aren't ready yet.

The other thing:  If this is a Hitachi from a Slim -  it will probably require installing an rgh on the console.  This will get the drive key.  Cuz in these models the drive key was further encrypted.  JungleFlasher couldn't grab the drive key.  Security measures put in place by MS

So - if you have to rgh the console ... there may be no point to repairing the logic board of the drive.  I could be wrong - but will double check.  However installing the RGH will remove the whole headache of the damaged hitachi pcb

By the way, what method did you use to post your pic?  Been meaning to add pics to stuff

Syrup

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Sep 6 2013, 03:05 PM) View Post

The picture is good enough.  I see the missing site on the Cap.  But you say the picture isn't currently accurate because the power plug in header is gone now.  Is that right?

I'd like an image of that - if you have time.  Want to see how bad the trace leads are damaged from the header.

Portions of the repair would involve exposing fresh trace lines and adding jumpers to connect necessary sites.

A skilled hand will be necessary to make the repairs.  If you are new to soldering - then you aren't ready yet.

The other thing:  If this is a Hitachi from a Slim -  it will probably require installing an rgh on the console.  This will get the drive key.  Cuz in these models the drive key was further encrypted.  JungleFlasher couldn't grab the drive key.  Security measures put in place by MS

So - if you have to rgh the console ... there may be no point to repairing the logic board of the drive.  I could be wrong - but will double check.  However installing the RGH will remove the whole headache of the damaged hitachi pcb

By the way, what method did you use to post your pic?  Been meaning to add pics to stuff

Thank you for the helpful tips, I just made a random photobucket account, posted the pic, then copied the URL, lol. But I have one question, is even remotely possible, I'm sure it is, but if not, would save me massive amounts of stress and money, if I could just solder the wires for the power onto the board, to power it for the time being.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »

You need to use low melt solder so the power plug won't get melted by the hot solder. bismuth or some kind of low tin alloy. Because the higher the tin content, the higher the melting point.

A hotair tool will help if you have one.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »

I think - really - you don't have to do this work.  The repairs to the Hitachi pcb.

The Slim console you have; is going to have to be RGH'd to get the drivekey.  Drive Key will all be decrypt from the Nand read and Xell upload.

You can still work on the Hitachi original pcb, but I don't think its going to get you to your actual goal.

What's the model style and manufacture date on your Slim?

Syrup

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ Sep 7 2013, 12:36 AM) View Post

I think - really - you don't have to do this work.  The repairs to the Hitachi pcb.

The Slim console you have; is going to have to be RGH'd to get the drivekey.  Drive Key will all be decrypt from the Nand read and Xell upload.

You can still work on the Hitachi original pcb, but I don't think its going to get you to your actual goal.

What's the model style and manufacture date on your Slim?

Is it even possible to RGH on the new Dashboard?

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »

that remains to be seen. If it can or not? I don't know?? Some coronas are hard to glitch. and if it's on the newer dashboard? is it glitchable??? maybe ask Team-xecuter??

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:32:00 AM »

You can RGH any slim on any dashboard.

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »

really? I thoght that team xecuter wasn't updating jrunner any longer.Last time i logged in there was no way for me to get the newest dash files? It wouldn't connect tothe server. So i assume they stopped supporting RGH.

Maybe my firewall was on. I can't be sure. Since my computer has beenacting up lately.
 It said no servers found on the gui or could not connect to server.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Sep 9 2013, 08:09 PM) View Post

really? I thoght that team xecuter wasn't updating jrunner any longer.Last time i logged in there was no way for me to get the newest dash files? It wouldn't connect tothe server. So i assume they stopped supporting RGH.

Maybe my firewall was on. I can't be sure. Since my computer has beenacting up lately.
 It said no servers found on the gui or could not connect to server.

I just updated Jrunner the other day.  They have the latest dash 16537 I think it is, is up now.