xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Falcon Rgh 2 Will Not Boot To Stock With Chip On Or Off  (Read 268 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Falcon Rgh 2 Will Not Boot To Stock With Chip On Or Off
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »

My advice  ... and I'm not the super expert in rgh.

You have your stock nand dumps - yes.?  Do a retail write back to stock.
This will remove Xell.  Remove the CR3.  You should restore normal boot up at this point.

Begin the process again.  Double check all the location joints.

The other thing I am wondering about ... is the CR3 - that device might just be for the Slim consoles.
You might just want the CoolRunner rev C.

And the soon to be coming TX glitch board .... R-Jtag  ... will be the superior choice

dopesun

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »

post confuses the hell out of me..

you say you cant boot to retail dash.. but you can boot to xell.. if the console currently has an ecc written to the nand.. your only gonna get xell reloaded..

the CR3 lite is fine with the falcon. since you get xell im gonna assume you have the jumpers correct..

also.. 15 F's.. lost me..

dopesun

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »

Quite honestly.. RGH 2 is no longer recomended for PHATs.. I would go the R-JTAG route..

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »

Thank you guys so much for replying and sorry for the confusing post.

wilgo45
I have a falcon board and running on dashboard 14719 I had no option but to set up RGH 2.0
I have another thread still open with this same xbox that I only managed to glitch this board using a CR3 lite board, no combination using a coolrunner rev C with resitors worked for me.

What I'm trying to do now is just go back to stock and it will not boot up, it gives me Error 0022 after sometime making me think it's an LDV issue but glitching it again reveals that this has not changed.

dopesun
I just want to go back to stock and I have the original nand dump and both the stock and glitch nand were not updated at any point. But I did want to leave the nand reader in place then set up a switch (turning off the CR3 3.3 volts) on the outside so I could go from stock to glitch if I wanted too  biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before but I had a cheap usb nand reader and figured I would just built it into the xbox with a switch and reason for wanting to make sure the xbox boots to the stock nand with the chip wired but off (I know that if the chip is on the stock nand will not boot from my experience)

dopesun

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »

Where do i start... if you want a dual nand system.. you MUST get a demon. The method you are attempting will never work. If you can boot an xbox 360 with a hacked dashboard then what would be the use for a coolrunner.. you get my point? The whole shutting down the coolrunner to boot to stock will never work.

Now.. if you do not have the stock nand... and by stock nand.. i mean the original nand that was read from the board unchanged. You will never... eva-eva-eva-eva ever.. be able to boot to dash without the use of some kind of glitch device ie.. the coolrunner you have. If you have a jrunner modified nand on your console and you attempt to boot the console without a glitch chip.. well then expect 0022 after about 30 seconds. An xbox will never boot unsigned code without the help of a glitch chip..

NOw.. that being said.. i suggest you do a bit more reading.. do not touch anything you are unsure of.. heck.. do not touch the console at all unless you want to experiment.. which in the end is going to result in burnt out traces.. or even worse.. a dead gpu..

IF you want further help here.. i suggest you state step by step.. exactly what you have done to the console.. chip installation and jrunner.. as well as posting a jrunner log..

you claim to have gotten the console to glitch to xell.. was this by pressing the eject button? Does it boot to dash when you press the power button with chip installed?

ALso keep in mind.. a dashboard that is created in jrunner.. is not the same as an official ms dashboard update . The jrunner creates a hacked version..

if some things are not clear.. then please ask questions before its too late.

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »

Currently the console boots to xell by using the eject button and patched dashboard using the power button.
So I have no problems getting the console to glitch on rgh2 even this being a falcon...
The console will not boot to the stock dashboard using the original dump and the chip off.

What I have done, reloaded the original dump and it red rings after half a minute.
Loaded the .ecc on top of the original image and it boots to xell using power and the LDV of 15 has not changed (I know ldv is important on the retail side or it will rrod on you).
I'm not a noobie smile.gif just need some help

Here's what I wanted to do.
Leave the nand reader on the board so if I wanted to go back to the stock nand image I would dump that image back to the console then flip the switch to turn the chip off (don't see why this would be a problem).

Just to be clear there is only one nand on the console not using anything to have 2 or 3 like a daemon or trident chip.

dopesun

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

Would have been nice if you would have said that in the last post. Seems like you know what you doing. Have you removed the coolrunner completely and tried to boot to an un hacked image?

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »

I have removed the chip and still a no go, only thing I haven't done is remove all the wiring.
I did take out all the NAND reader wires but not the coolrunner ones.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

Check your soldering, sounds like the nand isn't writing back fully. If xell boot's then you should be able to write your orig nand back with no issues. Make sure you are using the correct nand.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »

DON'T check create Image.  Just straight to check Write Nand.

Although I guess since this is CR3 - you'd better be using the JRp v2

Then remove glitch board and Nand writer.  And start fresh.  You're missing something.  You shouldn't have this much trouble.  TX has really made this process a breeze.

And you might have better overall results with R-Jtag ... when its available

sarabicery

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 02:11:00 AM »

RGH 2 is no longer recomended for PHATs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheap Age of Wushu Gold | Buy RS Gold

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(wilgo45 @ May 20 2013, 01:52 AM) View Post

If you are using a Matrix nand programmer that could be part of the problem.  But you really haven't mentioned equipment by name.  Matrix is not fully compatible with Jrunner 288 or 287

Shouldn't have anything to do with the NAND writing, as it uses nandpro to write anyhow.

Maybe you are using too much mixture in brands ??

Should not matter.

Although I guess since this is CR3 - you'd better be using the JRp v2

Again should not matter what he is using to write to the nand.

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »

I did my original reading and writing with a nand-x that has never been an issue.
And using this usb spi nand flasher seems to be no issue. I did a nand dump of the console and compared it to the original and hacked images and both matched my original dumps and created images. So that tells me this nand reader is good and wiring.

Just not sure why it's no longer booting into the original unmodified nand image with the chip disabled.
I appreciate all the feedback but no one has asked for my original dump or a screenshot of xell.

Like I asked in the beginning could this be a ldv issue even if xell shows 15 f's on line 07?
If no one knows what I'm taking about I will post in TX forums since I did use their products.

SergioFoX

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »

All is good, please close.

Also have it working just like I wanted it too.

Poor man's dual nand  biggrin.gif  with only having one nand