xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2tb External Tutorial  (Read 146 times)

Ranger72

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« on: April 18, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

The Xbox itself will only see a USB drive that is setup as a memory card and up to 15gb.

Install the latest freeboot onto your internal hard drive then install the latest dashlaunch so your console will boot directly into freestyle dashboard. You can access, run and install games/apps onto your USB hard drive from there.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Damn, i left my camera at work. I have picks of how to do this PHAT and SLIM. Will post tomorrow

Heeeeear we go. Ok get ready for this. Start with THIS POST
Post #103 is all you need to pay attention to for how to wire this up. Got it? Just post #103
Next. Once wired this way. Go on the xbox and go to system settings then storage then format the 2TB hdd.
Thats it!!! Takes 10 seconds!

Now Use iso2god to convert the games and FTP the games over to the 2TB HDD. Put the folder that is outputted from iso2god in the HDD1/content/00000000 folder. The games will now show up in the quicklanch on your mini blade when you do this also. (can switch games from inside another game)

Be back tomorrow to help. GTG 2 bed

vermilion

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »

I had some trouble setting up my 1TB external drive . This is what I did to fix my problem.

Connect the drive to your 360 and format the drive so that it can be used on the 360. I formatted 512MB of the drive. After this your external drive should show up as usb device in your dash. The device will only show 512MB but that's ok . The rest of your 2TB can be used to store games .

Next add a game to you hard drive by connecting it to your PC. I use games created with ISO2GOD . Connect the hard drive to your 360 and start up freestyle dash. Go into the setting and set up a scan path to allow FSD to scan your hard drive on start up . NOTE you may have to do a manual scan each time a new game is added. For me sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

You should then be able to locate the game in FDS and play it.

Antman1

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »

try this:  http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=742270

Use the full size of your 2tb and keep your internal as well.

ps2moduk

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(fatfonzi @ Apr 30 2012, 04:35 PM) View Post

Is There an easier way to set up a 360 with an external hd without doing anymore modifications?
I mean this would be perfect!
thx

Plug in the drive, format from storage in the nxe dash and voila a 2tb drive (Minus a 16gb partition for save games). Only handy for RGH/JTAG though.

vermilion

• Archived User
2tb External Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(ps2moduk @ Apr 30 2012, 12:00 PM) View Post

Plug in the drive, format from storage in the nxe dash and voila a 2tb drive (Minus a 16gb partition for save games). Only handy for RGH/JTAG though.

Yeah what he said