xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fatal Crash Intercepted When Logging In To Profile  (Read 341 times)

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
Fatal Crash Intercepted When Logging In To Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »

Delete and re install

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(crazygoldfish @ Mar 22 2012, 04:23 PM) View Post

Delete and re install

Delete what?

FSD? Already deleted and relinstalled a few times just playing with settings and was troubleshooting network issues(turned out to be contpatch)

Dash Launch? Dash Launch has been updated as to the latest version(since stable fsd does not come with up to date dash launch).

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »

i would troubleshoot first...
login to your profile from the retail dashboard.
if it fails, you will probably also receive a message which will give you more info to start with.
if it succeeds, try launching FSD from there and see what happens.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

apologies, did not read the OP very well.

so you were told that NXE was in fact FSD, but really you had a dashlunch that was not configured or launching FSD properly? now that is done properly, but you still cannot login to xbox live profile. do you have the latest dash installed? an update may fix it.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »

most of the bst sellers are legit, but they cannot help you if you are unclear about what is happening so my first suggestion is to ask him to read this thread.

he will likely offer to hold your hand since he sold you a misconfigured console, but for the same reason, and the fact that he told you FSD = NXE, he may not be reliable. keep us posted.

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Mar 23 2012, 01:37 AM) View Post

most of the bst sellers are legit, but they cannot help you if you are unclear about what is happening so my first suggestion is to ask him to read this thread.

he will likely offer to hold your hand since he sold you a misconfigured console, but for the same reason, and the fact that he told you FSD = NXE, he may not be reliable. keep us posted.

Ok well it looks like the mistake was on my end. After reviewing the emails, he had installed freeboot dash not freestyle dash.

As for holding my hand, even if the seller had lied to me, there is little doubt in my mind the seller would offer any help, as the seller got rude with me for asking one to many questions before setting out to start learning things on my own.

So I assume what I thought was NXE is freeboot dash. I guess the best thing to do is try to install freeboot dash to try to fix my problem?

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »

you want to make sure you install dashlaunch as well - just rerun the fsd installer.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xplorer4x4 @ Mar 22 2012, 05:15 PM) View Post

The install screen progress bar filled up to 100% and, if memory serves me right I passed on installing dash launch because it was not mentioned in the post explaining how to update so I assumed it was not important. Immediately after rebooting is when this problem started affecting me in the assumed NXE dash.

reinstall both fsd and dashlaunch

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Mar 23 2012, 11:51 AM) View Post

reinstall both fsd and dashlaunch

STICKY_BUD, as I have stated multiple times, I have already reinstalled fsd and dashlaunch a few times. The part you mention was some time ago and I have since installed fsd and dashlaunch about 2 or 3 times.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xplorer4x4 @ Mar 23 2012, 09:54 AM) View Post

STICKY_BUD, as I have stated multiple times, I have already reinstalled fsd and dashlaunch a few times. The part you mention was some time ago and I have since installed fsd and dashlaunch about 2 or 3 times.

good luck. you said the same thing about NXE just 4 posts ago and this is your thread. either you read and figure it out yourself, you accept the help offered or fly a kite dude.

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Mar 23 2012, 12:04 PM) View Post

good luck. you said the same thing about NXE just 4 posts ago and this is your thread. either you read and figure it out yourself, you accept the help offered or fly a kite dude.

I said the same thing about NXE? Not sure what you mean..:s

As for accepting the help, I am truly grateful but here's the problem, you guys say reinstall FSD and dashlaunch again. No I have not tried to reinstall them since opening this thread, but I have tried to reinstall them, and even upgrade dashlaunch once, since the problem first started happening. What good is it going to accomplish to try it again and again when I already have? It's not going to change anything unless of course there is something in particular I should be doing/setting during the install.

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »

Ok let's forget everything else in this thread and start with fresh details.

I bought a pre-RGHed slim trinity in the bst section.

It came with freeBOOT installed(which I thought the seller said was fsd, when i double checked the emails, he said freeBOOT not fsd)

I tried to install FSD, but when I installed it, I did not configure/install dash launch.

After installing fsd, I rebooted, and when using NXE I got the fatal crash intercepted error when I tried to log in to a former XBox Live account. Thats was a few weeks or so ago. I been dealing with the error since then.

About 2 days ago, I installed FSD AND dashlaunch. I played with it a bit, and was having trouble due to problems with contpatch in dash launch. So I tried reinstalling dashlaunch and fsd a few times, but kept having trouble with not pulling covers or loading GODS. So I decided to reinstall BOTH once or twice more. The problem with the fatal crash was not resolved.

Then I updated to the latest stable/last version of dashlaunch since the version that comes with fsd installer is out dated.

After updating and reconfiguring dashlaunch, it still gives me the fatal crash when I try to sign in to a profile formerly for xbox live.

I can try to install FSD and dashlaunch again, but what good could it possible do that has not been done from the previous reinstalls plus dashlaunch update?

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »

launch.ini file and running the dashlaunch installer. The hacked dash, ie Freeboot with dashlaunch extenstions is looking for config files from the SATA harddrive. When you have it defined somewhere else, like the nand or another harddrive? USB?

To get rid of the problem i just disconnect the SATA hdd. and run games off my external usb. Im sure others here have experienced the same exact problem as you.

But, as I recall you won't have use of your profiles, anymore. Who cares, you're not taking a RGH/Jtag on live anyways.

Xplorer4x4

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »

I turned my usb hdd off and rebooted. It launches straight to NXE and when I log in to a profile, it still has a fatal crash.

For what it's worth I did notice there is a launch.ini configured in the flash partition, and was just installed by fsd yesterday.

I also tried launching my fsd cd and using the remove function in the installer to remove fsd from my usb hdd. It sits there saying waiting for input after I push start.

I also used the installer to look for an fsd install on flash(by having the usb hdd off) but it did not find anything.

Not sure if it is safe to simply delete the FSD folder from the USB HDD so I will try installing FSD with FSD still installed as I have before.

EDIT!!

Ok so I fixed it for a moment...

So I checked the remove current install(or whatever it says) in fsd installer, then selected to install fsd and dashlaunch.

Installed FSD but skipped dash launch.

Reboot and came up to NXE if memory serves me right. Tested. Crash. Reboot.

Tried NXE and was able to switch profiles with out a crash. So I reinstalled fsd and dashlaunch.

Configured dashlaunch, reboot to fsd and crash is back.

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »

Is this a 4gb slim?

Other thing you try is removing dash & fsd and try installing to a USB hd
Pages: [1] 2