xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Not Working Via Hdmi  (Read 216 times)

Rudie

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Not Working Via Hdmi
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »

Hi, I just got me a used Xbox on weekend. 120gb elite. It works via scart on my hd tv, but does not work via hdmi. I have tested the lead, that's ok. I have the avatar dashboard but have tried a factory reset but couldnt get the option and have tried changing the settings blindly without no luck.

Is it broken?

xbucket

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

Does it do anything when you try it with HDMI or does it just not even turn on? I've heard of some people have issues with HDMI where the X-Box freezes up after a few minutes of playing, but I haven't heard of it just plain not turning on.

Rudie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »

hi,

i get absolutely no signal at all. green light comes on, top left quadrant lights up and thats it, no picture or sound, but component works ok!

Rudie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:13:00 AM »

i only got 1 hdmi xbox port and have tested the hdmi cable on another device using same tv hdmi port and thats ok.

Rudie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »

will try, only got 1 hd tv at home. the other is small portable crt.

xbucket

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »

Alright, so the box works, it's turning on; you're just not getting a picture or sound. Oh man, I hope it's not the T.V. Are you positive you're on the right component on your T.V.? Have you tried a different console (assuming you or a friend has a different one)?

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »

since you mention it is used and an elite, i am wondering if it also has the blades dashboard? i am also trying to remember if you had to set the console to hdmi before connecting to a tv with the older dashboard. i am sure i had to do that with the seperate hdmi output on the ps3.

worth a shot anyway...

Rudie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »

@xbucket - defo the right component, other elite console using same hdmi cable in same hdmi tv slot works fine.

@sticky_bud - not sure which dash it has, but the elite that works has the standing avatar on right hand side with boxes on the left, but the one that doesnt work has the floating avatar coming up for selection.

i was thinking about updating the dash but wanted to get it flashed (if i can get the hdmi working) to see if that cures it?