xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Game Recognized As Dvd  (Read 153 times)

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
Game Recognized As Dvd
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »

This is common error, and your laser is faulty. Replace it with a brand new one!

Ranger72

• Archived User
Game Recognized As Dvd
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(freakit22 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:48 PM) View Post

I did contact microSUCKS and they said they will fix it for $99. What a piece of **** they sell.

They probably would have fixed it for free had you not taken it apart and voided the warranty.

Since you already tried to replace the laser then I would say you messed something else besides the laser up.

Next step may be to get a new Slim drive then swap the PCB from your old drive to the new one.

socalbill

• Archived User
Game Recognized As Dvd
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

see if the ribbon has any tears in it (could be an easy $5 fix if the replacement laser is ok)

on the replacement laser, did you remove the solder jumper?

last, if you messed up the azimuth while adjusting the rails, that drive is f'ed until you get it back to the correct settings...I hope you marked the leveling screws with a sharpie or something before adjusting them

freakit22

• Archived User
Game Recognized As Dvd
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Feb 13 2012, 05:01 AM) View Post

This is common error, and your laser is faulty. Replace it with a brand new one!

As post already states. I opened it and replaced with a new laser.

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Feb 13 2012, 08:17 AM) View Post

They probably would have fixed it for free had you not taken it apart and voided the warranty.

Since you already tried to replace the laser then I would say you messed something else besides the laser up.

Next step may be to get a new Slim drive then swap the PCB from your old drive to the new one.

WRONG. I called before opening it. DUH

QUOTE(mouseym @ Feb 13 2012, 09:33 AM) View Post

So Microsoft sucks because you voided the warranty?

No.

Out of warranty before it was opened.

What is wrong with people. Do you guys feel the need to reply just to type something. I would not void a good warranty. It was out of warranty so I decided to give it a go. Screws were out of adjustment is why I got the original open tray error. I was able to clearly see the blue sh1t they put on the screws was no longer making contact with the board telling me they backed themselves out a bit. I tried to adjust the guides then bought a new laser. It was under $10 so I figured why not. I did get it working again after a few hours of messing with the screws. So for the idiot xbox fanboys I did NOT ruin my warranty. It was expired according to the half english speaking guy I talked to on the phone.