xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Advice For A Purchase  (Read 116 times)

Ranger72

• Archived User
Need Advice For A Purchase
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

I would go jtag Jasper as they have no heat issues and no boot issues that RGH does.

Your e79 console is not a heat issue. That is a typical error jtag Falcons get if they dont have aud_clamp JTAG wiring done.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(abrute @ Nov 24 2011, 12:25 AM) View Post
the traditional JTAG hack is software based, the RGH is not.

Nonsense. They are both hardware based - you add hardware to force the 360 to boot differently, so it will then run your hacked software.

Setesh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »

Do a rgh slim, better console, hacks are As easy as each other to do, jtagging gave me more grief than the rgh slims ivr done tbh.

The boot time isn't really an issue, with coolrunner and the 50cm CPU rst cable they seem to boot in under 10 seconds, my two boot in 5 or less ,every time .

How often are you going to reboot your console?

From my observations the slim. Runs a lot cooler than the jasper, not sure why the above post said they run hotter?  My slims run 15-20. Celsius lower than my old Jasper's, which is massive .

Dukelord

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Setesh @ Nov 24 2011, 08:56 AM) View Post

Do a rgh slim, better console, hacks are As easy as each other to do, jtagging gave me more grief than the rgh slims ivr done tbh.

The boot time isn't really an issue, with coolrunner and the 50cm CPU rst cable they seem to boot in under 10 seconds, my two boot in 5 or less ,every time .

How often are you going to reboot your console?

From my observations the slim. Runs a lot cooler than the jasper, not sure why the above post said they run hotter?  My slims run 15-20. Celsius lower than my old Jasper's, which is massive .
Ok, I guess I'll go for the slim rgh then. I need advice on best rgh chip to get installed on it, I want it flashed to lt 2.0 and i need the best boot time. Thanks so far guys.

Setesh

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dukelord @ Nov 24 2011, 10:05 AM) View Post

Ok, I guess I'll go for the slim rgh then. I need advice on best rgh chip to get installed on it, I want it flashed to lt 2.0 and i need the best boot time. Thanks so far guys.

Ive only used the TX Stuff, i bought the TX (team xecutor) kit, which had the NAND-x, Coolrunner, Quick solder boards, program cables.

It makes it a hell of a lot easy to just solder a QSB onto the jtag points, and then solder the coolrunner onto that.

I also have some matrix glitch chips i havent tried out yet, im sure they are all relatively the same, but i went for the ease of the TX kit and it made install a breeze.

Im not too sure about flashing the new drives sorry, ive been using jtag consoles since it came out, and i have no need to use burnt games, only legit discs and FTP/HDD, Do you really need your drive flashed too on the jtag? using the dvd drive on a jtag/rgh console kind of defeats the purpose of the main selling point of the console =p

Dukelord

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 04:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Setesh @ Nov 24 2011, 10:14 AM) View Post

Ive only used the TX Stuff, i bought the TX (team xecutor) kit, which had the NAND-x, Coolrunner, Quick solder boards, program cables.

It makes it a hell of a lot easy to just solder a QSB onto the jtag points, and then solder the coolrunner onto that.

I also have some matrix glitch chips i havent tried out yet, im sure they are all relatively the same, but i went for the ease of the TX kit and it made install a breeze.

Im not too sure about flashing the new drives sorry, ive been using jtag consoles since it came out, and i have no need to use burnt games, only legit discs and FTP/HDD, Do you really need your drive flashed too on the jtag? using the dvd drive on a jtag/rgh console kind of defeats the purpose of the main selling point of the console =p
Yeah I need it flashed and I need coolrunner 2